• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft should take advantage of Concord going offline and shadow drop Halo Infinite Multiplayer on PS5 this weekend

twilo99

Gold Member
I really don't understand why multiplayer is not available on PS... it makes very little business sense to keep your GAAS game away from that massive install base

Ozriel

M$FT
I just found it weird how you think 2% of PS5 owners for astrobot is some low number. 2% of 61.7M would be 1.2M. That's actually what's optimistic, not my hypothesis that PS5 users will be playing Astrobot this weekend near its Friday launch.

Thats just your insecurities speaking. I never said 2% was a low number or would represent poor sales. Never inferred that either. Even the best selling games rarely cross 10% market penetration.
All I’ve said is that there’s a significant number of PS5 players who wouldn’t be ‘cup tied’ by Astrobot in the hypothetical situation that a GaaS shooter released in the same time frame. And we’ll see that clearly when the COD Open beta starts from today to end weekend.

I mean the hypothetical release of it. Halo isn't even charting on xbox engagement charts and if you look at Steam CCU vs total CCU you're talking percentages in the 0.0002% of players.

There’s no common sense in taking the percentages years after release and applying it in discussion about a new release on another platform.

What were you thinking with this?!

I agree they should do this. But the real easy money is just porting Master Chief Collection to PS5.

I forget what podcast I was listening to but apparently they were going to do this and ran into serious issues. Which makes sense considering the massive issues they originally had with that game.

HogIsland

I forget what podcast I was listening to but apparently they were going to do this and ran into serious issues. Which makes sense considering the massive issues they originally had with that game.
it's running natively on series s. i cant believe there is any architectural difference with ps5 that would block a port. a lot of the original massive issues stemmed from having the og version and the upgraded version running concurrently on xbone.

Last edited:

Three

Thats just your insecurities speaking. I never said 2% was a low number or would represent poor sales. Never inferred that either. Even the best selling games rarely cross 10% market penetration.
All I’ve said is that there’s a significant number of PS5 players who wouldn’t be ‘cup tied’ by Astrobot in the hypothetical situation that a GaaS shooter released in the same time frame. And we’ll see that clearly when the COD Open beta starts from today to end weekend.
The entire thread is based on taking advantage of 35 people no longer 'cup tied' by Concord but you took issue with my, not at all quantitative, take saying PS5 users will be busy playing Astrobot this weekend?

What was the purpose of saying I'm being optimistic for saying such a thing and bringing up 2% then? Surely you would be saying they can all exist and release together, Astrobot, COD, Concord and Halo and it wouldn't make a difference since you think there is so little crossover in game purchases vs time due to this per game percentage.

There’s no common sense in taking the percentages years after release and applying it in discussion about a new release on another platform.

What were you thinking with this?!
And you think a very late port has no effect on player numbers? I was just saying the low percentage is normal for large install bases.

Take the all time peak CCU at release if you like and figure out 256,000/25000000 and you get 1%. My only point was that 2% would be considered good. I still believe there is crossover in purchases with releases next to eachother though regardless of this percentage.

Last edited:
How does it "take advantage" when there was nobody playing Concord anyway, it's not like there is a significant numbers of players suddenly looking for a game to migrate to. that's like saying X should take advantage of the fact his wife is out of town when X isn't married.

Top Bottom