• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

We still arguing about thread titles? Okay, I'll go enjoy my dolls over here:

3A's new Spartan Recruit figure is going up for preorder this Friday with Gabriel Thorne following a few days later. The Spartan Recruit is exclusive to 3A's Bambaland store while Thorne will be available at other retailers.

post-14570-I-Need-It-Iron-Man-gif-HItN.gif

Not to be a jerk, but those models look better than Halo 4 in-game models.

Those look sick...

Any chance the Halo Channel will be available outside of windows 8 devices?
Would be awesome to use it on my Galaxy Phone & Tablet.

I think this was answered in a video interview. From what I recall, it was heavily hinted that it's being worked on for other devices.

Oh, here. Not heavily hinted, but not totally shot-down nonetheless.

ElRenoRaven

Ghal had to choose between remastered classic Halo, and ADS by the creators of Halo. ADS won, how far we've sunk.

The worst part is he could have had both. It's not like the Xbone doesn't have both. To each their own though I say. As long as he's happy then that is all that matters.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
But Destiny was pretty much made for the PS4, makes sense to get it on that platform

It's just marketed for the PS4 more.

Which is weird since it started out being focused on the Xbox platform, with Sony's platform being an afterthought if time allowed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The worst part is he could have had both. It's not like the Xbone doesn't have both.
That's the same train of thought I ended up having. I had a PS4, but saw little reason to keep it after I bought an XB1 for MCC. I just wish XB1 had more of the cool indie games PS4 is getting, but I could play many of those on PC if I really wanted to.

That's the same train of thought I ended up having. I had a PS4, but saw little reason to keep it after I bought an XB1 for MCC. I just wish XB1 had more of the cool indie games PS4 is getting, but I could play many of those on PC if I really wanted to.

There are only a couple indie games on the PS4 that I truly find compelling on the surface. There are plenty of neat looking indie titles exclusive for Xbox One like "Below", "Ori and the Blind Forest", the new "Limbo" game etc.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There are only a couple indie games on the PS4 that I truly find compelling on the surface. There are plenty of neat looking indie titles exclusive for Xbox One like "Below", "Ori and the Blind Forest", the new "Limbo" game etc.
I'm not gonna bust out a list, but there are wayyyyyy more indie games on PS4, and many of them I would definitely buy. I need to get over my stubborn unwillingness to play games on my PC so I can have the best of both worlds, lol.

I can't decide where to pre-order the MCC from. I might go with Best Buy for the map guide but I love the Bandana Skull. Will these skulls be timed exclusives?

I can't decide where to pre-order the MCC from. I might go with Best Buy for the map guide but I love the Bandana Skull. Will these skulls be timed exclusives?

Skulls are timed unlocks, but we don't know for how long. Some places said until sometime in Dec, but nothing confirmed.

I'm going for Best Buy cause of the map book. Too good to pass on.

GhaleonEB

6,700+ words.
36,000+ characters.
Welcome to OT making lol

image.php
FYI, OT's OPneed to fit in one post, and the single post character limit is 24,000.

Suggestion from someone who made a bunch of way-too-large OT's: Make'm concise and functional but don't kill yourself doing so. The larger they are, the less useful they can become.
No one reads an OP, putting actual work into one is laughable.

You might not, but a lot of folks do read them, especially early on in a thread's life. Come OT20 or so, probably not as much though. :p

Mix

Almost 5,000 words are the Achievements list :)
I think it's like 1900 words are actual OP stuff.

Ghal, check your PM's

Akai__

No one reads an OP, putting actual work into one is laughable.

It's okay for the 1st OT, because Gaming Side. Other than that, it really is. I would never volunteer to do a OT.

Ghal, check your PM's

Why would you fit the whole achievement list in there? The average person won't care about those.

There is actually someone, who is working on an achievement guide and I'll add that to my achievement OT. If you want, you can link it, when it's done? :p

---

Halo 1 footage is tomorrow. IGN's Ryan "9.8" McCaffrey confirmed it on Twitter.

We still arguing about thread titles? Okay, I'll go enjoy my dolls over here:

3A's new Spartan Recruit figure is going up for preorder this Friday with Gabriel Thorne following a few days later. The Spartan Recruit is exclusive to 3A's Bambaland store while Thorne will be available at other retailers.

post-14570-I-Need-It-Iron-Man-gif-HItN.gif

Where is teh female modelz

RoKKeR

Ghal, check your PM's

Yo...

... link to the IGN story with them all, god damn haha. Posting them all in text is insane
ly dumb

Fingers gonna break scrolling!

RowdyReverb

I constantly get shit on for saying it, but Legendary BR on Pitfall = pretty good Halo.

The base game wasn't bad at all. The engine was gorgeous and ran smoothly and the gunplay was true to form. The only issue I had with the game was with how weapons were obtained and armor abilities. Legendary BR pretty much fixed the game for me when it removed load outs and put weapons on the maps. I'm hoping that Legendary gametypes/maps come up frequently in the Halo 4 hopper in MCC, because I'd like to give it another try with all the DLC onboard.

Top Bottom