• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

GhaleonEB

I don't regret going the direction I did for this gen, but missing out on the MCC stings quite a bit. Looks (and sounds) wonderful. I'd have been there day zero.

I can update the title on request, just let me know Fracas. "Halo OT20: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless" has a certain ring to it. :p

Stinkles - Do send a flare my way (or to any mod/admin) if you are seeing things that are out of line. We work hard to combat the kind of caustic stuff you are describing, but it's an impossible task given the size of the forum; we can't read every thread and post. We've been a bit more hands-off with HaloGAF recently but I'll be watching as MCC launches. (Ahem.) Any questions or concerns about moderation please shoot a PM to any of the mod team.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't regret going the direction I did for this gen, but missing out on the MCC stings quite a bit. Looks (and sounds) wonderful. I'd have been there day zero.

I can update the title on request, just let me know Fracas. "Halo OT20: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless" has a certain ring to it. :p

Stinkles - Do send a flare my way (or to any mod/admin) if you are seeing things that are out of line. We work hard to combat the kind of caustic stuff you are describing, but it's an impossible task given the size of the forum; we can't read every thread and post. We've been a bit more hands-off with HaloGAF recently but I'll be watching as MCC launches. (Ahem.) Any questions or concerns about moderation please shoot a PM to any of the mod team.
People seem to want a number, so feel free to chuck it on. 20 should be the number we're on, but I'm not sure. I liked the infinity symbol I had there to begin with lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow, props to Stinkles for the well said response.

The phrase in the title was funny, as a single comment. It was a jab at a work that a lot of people put their heart and souls into for a long time though, so it probably wasn't the greatest phrase to use. Kind of like making a billboard or poster for the group that says "Halo 4 sucks", and then expecting newcommers and devs alike to be happy to join.

My 2 cents. The new title is still a jab at Halo 4. I'd vote for changing it to something positive about the great god damn collection we are getting the chance to buy in a month.

5 games,
5 engines,
103 multiplayer maps,
402 achievements,
Halo 5 multi beta,
1 fucking disc.

There's tons of title options there to get people hyped for this fucking awesome collections releasing.

People seem to want a number, so feel free to chuck it on. 20 should be the number we're on, but I'm not sure. I liked the infinity symbol I had there to begin with lol.

I think it's 21.
Yep, last numbered OT was 19. Anniversary was 20. This one is 21.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726430&highlight=halo

At this point, I think we're closer to 21 or 22, but who knows.

Just listened to the clip of "Breaking the Covenant". So djent. Much thall.

VinFTW

The phrase in the title was funny, as a single comment. It was a jab at a work that a lot of people put their heart and souls into for a long time though, so it probably wasn't the greatest phrase to use. Kind of like making a billboard or poster for the group that says "Halo 4 sucks", and then expecting newcommers and devs alike to be happy to join.

My 2 cents. The new title is still a jab at Halo 4. I'd vote for changing it to something positive about the great god damn collection we are getting the chance to buy in a month.

5 games,
5 engines,
103 multiplayer maps,
402 achievements,
Halo 5 multi beta,
1 fucking disc.

There's tons of title options there to get people hyped for this fucking awesome collections releasing.

Agreed.

Halo OT20: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless

:p

Earth City sounds great, damn shame we'll prolly never hear Marty on Halo again. His Destiny stuff is fantastic too, why can't everyone get along?
stfu
Halo 4 was bad in every shape and form.
ruthless
I know you didn't make it up, so don't feel bad. IMHO it should be changed, but that's just me. I'm an insignificant junior member. ;)
He should feel bad. Very bad. So bad even that he should change his name to SpeedyFracasDude. Fracas is bad.

In the words of my illustrious brother and homie and guy I rarely speak to so idk why I call him my brother:
Even though he doesn't deserve to, he's going to.
It was still better for me than any other FPS released that year if memory serves.

I feel it would be more accurate to say "Halo wasn't a great Halo game (IMO)" rather than "Halo 4 was a bad game".

Even the stuff in Halo 4 that I didn't like, it still wasn't 'bad'. Just not to my personal taste.

Anywho, basically I completely understand Frankies point of view on this one.
Funny thing is, the 3 out of 4 was CE, H2 and H4 because Halo 3 is factually the worst Halo. What else is funny is that H2A multiplayer should be considered a 5th game as I've explained in the last thread.

Let's be honest here, H2A is giving us more than many $60 games lol. Why are we still only saying we're getting 4 games in this package? WHO KNOWS, 343 isn't doing it either.
It's changed but I don't really get how THIS of all things is the final straw for frank. But no worries. I doubt he'll post here but I do apologize. It's a joke; it's always been a joke. I don't think anyone here ever really held ill will.
stfu

:]

Tawpgun

5 games,
5 engines,
103 multiplayer maps,
402 achievements,
Halo 5 multi beta,
1 fucking disc.

I think it's 21.

It is a positive title. But what its doing is acknowledging Halo 4's shortcomings and praising that classic Halo is returning in glorious 1080p 60fps

Fracas

#fuckonami

5 games,
5 engines,
103 multiplayer maps,
402 achievements,
Halo 5 multi beta,
1 fucking disc.

I didn't make the OT to provide 343 with free PR.

Ramirez

5 games,
5 engines,
103 multiplayer maps,
402 achievements,
Halo 5 multi beta,
1 fucking disc.

I think it's 21.
Yep, last numbered OT was 19. Anniversary was 20. This one is 21.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726430&highlight=halo

lol, gzsus.

Wish you could put gifs into titles, cuz it woulda definitely been the HBK BJ.

Karl2177

I didn't make the OT to provide 343 with free PR.
Yeah. This is one thing that bugs me with most OTs these days, especially the Destiny one. If it reads like a PR release, I take the the OP a lot less seriously when it comes to the subject.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't like this OT. I'd rather have someone with some (maturity...?) make an OT, as this honestly is just childish looking. Its taints the thread as a whole.

antigoon

di-T1MH.gif

Okay, this discussion sucks. Lock this thread, throw away the keys.

Halo |OT22| Maybe next time, HaloGAF. CE you all in hell.

//==========

Random comment from IGN:
tendoboy1984 • 18 minutes ago
My dream game:

Halo X Metroid

The Covenant and Space Pirates team up to conquer the universe, led by Ridley and The Prophets. Samus and Master Chief meet while fighting both enemies on the same planet. They learn that the Flood has returned and has been fusing their DNA with Metroids to grow stronger and more resilient. Ridley gets infected along with hundreds of other Covenant and Space Pirate troops. The Prophets escape and ask the Forerunners for help, but are turned down because the Forerunners look to them as inferior.

I'd play that.
I'd play that, although the only part I dislike is Ridley getting infected. Horse shit. Ridley's too big
of a character
to get killed off by the Flood.

dwells

So when are we getting the CE gameplay?

Nov. 11th.
Sure is looking that way, isn't it? Still no details about H1 and H2, particularly in relation to how their netcode is being addressed for the shift to the Azure platform. I sure hope Halo 1 is getting a proper rebuild of the netcode, as any of us who have played Halo PC can tell you that simply having dedicated servers doesn't cut it for any real competitive play.

I really don't understand why they're staying silent on the original games, especially when it's something that so many of us are very, very excited for. I'd much rather hear "hey, we're having problems with the ports of the original games and the Azure hosting is proving more difficult than anticipated, but we're working diligently to deliver an excellent product" than just radio silence.

"Halo OT20: Your Mom is Fat and Your Work is Useless" has a certain ring to it.
Yes please.

Also, all the drama over the thread title in general is getting a little ridiculous. Then again, I don't even know what the "it really feels like Halo" reference is.

Hell, the drama around here over threads in general is ridiculous. Who gives a damn who makes the thread? The info in the first post is pretty much only a formality, too, really. It's all pretty insignificant in the end.

We're all here because we're fans of Halo and want to talk about it, and we have a thread to put our posts in. That's all that counts.

Also, all the drama over the thread title in general is getting a little ridiculous. Then again, I don't even know what the "it really feels like Halo" reference is.

Hell, the drama around here over threads in general is ridiculous. Who gives a damn who makes the thread? The info in the first post is pretty much only a formality, too, really. It's all pretty insignificant in the end.

We're all here because we're fans of Halo and want to talk about it, and we have a thread to put our posts in. That's all that counts.

I guess you didnt see the OTs after Halo 4 was released,

I say burn this one.

And move on to 22.

My name is Fracas. I used to be OP. Until...

We got a burn notice on you. You're blacklisted.

When you're burned, you've got nothing: no thread, no quotes, no post history. You're stuck in whatever thread they decide to dump you in.

Where am I?

HaloGAF

You type whatever thought comes your way. You rely on anyone who's still replying to you. A shitpost-happy ex-clan member...

Shall we flame them?

An old friend who used to inform on you to Ghaleon...

You know gaffers... bunch of bitchy little girls.

Developers too...

Hey, is that Stinkles again?

... if you're desperate.

Someone needs your help, Elzar

Bottom line? Until you figure out who burned you... you're not posting OPs anywhere

My name is Fracas. I used to be OP. Until...

We got a burn notice on you. You're blacklisted.

When you're burned, you've got nothing: no thread, no quotes, no post history. You're stuck in whatever thread they decide to dump you in.

Where am I?

HaloGAF

You type whatever thought comes your way. You rely on anyone who's still replying to you. A shitpost-happy ex-clan member...

Shall we flame them?

An old friend who used to inform on you to Ghaleon...

You know gaffers... bunch of bitchy little girls.

Developers too...

Hey, is that Stinkles again?

... if you're desperate.

Someone needs your help, Elzar

Bottom line? Until you figure out who burned you... you're not posting OPs anywhere

Love that show.

Top Bottom