• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

OT Number is 21, but I'm sure someone's already said that.

God those soundtrack samples are so good, sounds like they've corrected a lot of mistakes made in the CEA OST, this is probably going to be the best sounding Halo release since Halo 3.

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I have a problem right now.

All of my friends who I talked into getting PS4s for Destiny are pretty mad at me for mentioning I was interested in getting an Xbone for the MCC. I mean, I would be mad too if that happened to me. If you've been on gaming side today you'll have seen how I feel about Destiny, and all of my friends feel that way too. They're my old Halo crew and we all moved to PS4 together. I can't just ask them all to buy another console, and they'll probably stay mad at me if I do get the MCC.

What do I do to not be hated?

RowdyReverb

What about all the products that ship with a rechargeable battery and charger? Surely for $220 they could afford to do that?

Maybe they just couldn't get a good enough deal with a battery distributor, and I don't think they would be willing to take too big a hit on something that's not likely to be a deal breaker for potential buyers.

All of my friends who I talked into getting PS4s for Destiny are pretty mad at me for mentioning I was interested in getting an Xbone for the MCC. I mean, I would be mad too if that happened to me. If you've been on gaming side today you'll have seen how I feel about Destiny, and all of my friends feel that way too. They're my old Halo crew and we all moved to PS4 together. I can't just ask them all to buy another console, and they'll probably stay mad at me if I do get the MCC.

Why would they be mad? Because you'll be playing less Destiny? I think a lot of people will be playing less Destiny a month from now anyway. You will still be friends. You can always play the new CoD together.

Trey

Tell them you goofed, you're sorry, PS4 is still a great value, but MCC is very tempting as well. You'd love to play the game with them if they decide to purchase MCC, but you will absolutely understand if they don't want to.

S'about all you can do.

Just realized I never posted this here. This is how me and a couple other GAFfers feel about Destiny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_U1HVyMDM

Also, dat OST is keeping my hype at the point of no return.

Get new friends that understand video games can be played without them.

Or just play MCC and tell them to deal with it.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Tell them you goofed, you're sorry, PS4 is still a great value, but MCC is very tempting as well. You'd love to play the game with them if they decide to purchase MCC, but you will absolutely understand if they don't want to.

S'about all you can do.

There's also the factor that my brother got an Xbone to play MCC already and the only thing he and I had in common was our love for Halo. I really would like to be able to play a video game with him again.

VinFTW

If it was me? I'd buy an X1 and play MCC. If they want to come too, great, if not, enjoy the game man... It's the collection of a life-time.

I mean, they COULD all sell their PS4's and play with you.. but that's extreme and I wouldn't expect them too.

There's also the factor that my brother got an Xbone to play MCC already and the only thing he and I had in common was our love for Halo. I really would like to be able to play a video game with him again.

As someone who has a brother that I relate to and spend time with through video-games, he bought an X1 to play Halo with me (and our other friends).

I can't wait to campaign co-op through it all again with him.

I beat Halo 1 for the first time locally in co-op with him.

Anyways, true friends won't give you shit, hell, they might join you!

Aren't you the guy who asked if weapon despawning would be fixed for the MCC version of Halo 4?

Valid concern, out of the halo games so far 4 had the fastest weapon despawn, most likely memory management but it hurt the game a bit for legendary runs IMO.

FYI, pre-orders through the Microsoft Store will now be giving $15 back (to the M$ store), a license plate bracket saying "My other car is a Warthog", a window decal, and the Boom skull modifier.
For rewards members.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-microsoft-stores-xbox-live-rewards

The store site doesn't seem to updated with the information yet, so I'd wait a couple days at least.

Shame that the MS store is a US thing, sometimes there's some cool deals on there I can't buy :(

Get an XBO, especially if you have family you want to connect with. If they're really your friends they aren't going to break up with you for picking one console over the other. I mean, look at us here at HaloGAF. We may all be cynical assholes to one another but none of us inherently hate one another for getting a PS4 over an XBO or vice versa. They both have advantages and disadvantages that are pretty clearly laid out at this point.

Me, personally? I can live off of a decent 3-5 games for an entire generation. I'll usually buy the Nintendo console for Smash Bros., and this gen's no exception. As far as XBO content, I'm looking to get Sunset Overdrive, GTAV Port, MCC, Alien: Isolation, Mirror's Edge 2 and Fibbage and I'll probably be set for the entire gen.

Obscured

FYI, pre-orders through the Microsoft Store will now be giving $15 back (to the M$ store), a license plate bracket saying "My other car is a Warthog", a window decal, and the Boom skull modifier.
For rewards members.

The store site doesn't seem to updated with the information yet, so I'd wait a couple days at least.

I really wish that there was more incentive to go digital. It is great for those that want to go physical though (although then you have a bunch of points to make digital purchases).

Just got around to listening to the Halo 2 Anniversary samples. CEA was one of my favorite soundtracks in the franchise (preferred its remasters / covers over Legend's OST or Halo 3's) and this sounds like it's the natural escalation of that. Only real complaint is that I'm not a huge fan of some of the guitar improvisations in Gungnir mix. Otherwise everything sounds great - some of those tracks desperately needed a boost in fidelity and live instruments are definitely the way to go. Hearing the strings / choir given a big budget treatment sound a lot more natural and conducive to the sound, especially. Kilindini Harbour / Earth City reminds me a lot of The Crimson Depths with the brass.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I really wish that there was more incentive to go digital. It is great for those that want to go physical though (although then you have a bunch of points to make digital purchases).

Yep. It would be awesome if they offered a digital option for the pre-order.

Will be nice to have the credits though for the store. I was looking to pre-order AssCreed Unity as well, so that'd be $30 towards store purchases.

Deception

For rewards members.

Only downside is they offer no digital codes through the Microsoft store.

Yep. It would be awesome if they offered a digital option for the pre-order.

Will be nice to have the credits though for the store. I was looking to pre-order AssCreed Unity as well, so that'd be $30 towards store purchases.

Also if you're a rewards member, if you buy any 3 digital games at 59.99 you receive $25 back in reward credits, on top of the rebate for being a rewards member.

GrizzNKev

Banned

S'about all you can do.

Get new friends that understand video games can be played without them.

Or just play MCC and tell them to deal with it.

If it was me? I'd buy an X1 and play MCC. If they want to come too, great, if not, enjoy the game man... It's the collection of a life-time.

I mean, they COULD all sell their PS4's and play with you.. but that's extreme and I wouldn't expect them too.

As someone who has a brother that I relate to and spend time with through video-games, he bought an X1 to play Halo with me (and our other friends).

I can't wait to campaign co-op through it all again with him.

I beat Halo 1 for the first time locally in co-op with him.

Anyways, true friends won't give you shit, hell, they might join you!

Get an XBO, especially if you have family you want to connect with. If they're really your friends they aren't going to break up with you for picking one console over the other. I mean, look at us here at HaloGAF. We may all be cynical assholes to one another but none of us inherently hate one another for getting a PS4 over an XBO or vice versa. They both have advantages and disadvantages that are pretty clearly laid out at this point.

Me, personally? I can live off of a decent 3-5 games for an entire generation. I'll usually buy the Nintendo console for Smash Bros., and this gen's no exception. As far as XBO content, I'm looking to get Sunset Overdrive, GTAV Port, MCC, Alien: Isolation, Mirror's Edge 2 and Fibbage and I'll probably be set for the entire gen.

It's decided then.

HaloGAF, find me the cheapest Xbone on Earth.

Mix

Just got around to listening to the Halo 2 Anniversary samples. CEA was one of my favorite soundtracks in the franchise (preferred its remasters / covers over Legend's OST or Halo 3's) and this sounds like it's the natural escalation of that. Only real complaint is that I'm not a huge fan of some of the guitar improvisations in Gungnir mix. Otherwise everything sounds great - some of those tracks desperately needed a boost in fidelity and live instruments are definitely the way to go. Hearing the strings / choir given a big budget treatment sound a lot more natural and conducive to the sound, especially. Kilindini Harbour / Earth City reminds me a lot of The Crimson Depths with the brass.
Check your PMs bud

Omni

Listening to those soundtrack samples..

The guitar in the "Gungnir mix" is a little... stronger than I remember it being. IDK. Like it drowns everything else out (namely the choir or whatever at the 1 minute 40 mark). Could just be my laptop speakers though. And I have no idea what "Breaking the Covenant" is but it sounds bad.

"Unforgotten Memories" is amazing as always though. Gives me the feels. Other tracks are nice too

GrizzNKev

Banned
This is the cheapest you're gonna get right now (the Ocean Reef listing). Depending on your patience, you can get one in the $300-$330 range (no kinect)

I've bought stuff from them before, should be in great shape. Their customer service is spectacular, too.

About to pull the trigger. My brother is texting me excitedly. Do you know what shipping company they use?

Listening to those soundtrack samples..

The guitar in the "Gungnir mix" is a little... stronger than I remember it being. IDK. Like it drowns everything else out (namely the choir or whatever at the 1 minute 40 mark). Could just be my laptop speakers though. And I have no idea what "Breaking the Covenant" is but it sounds bad.

"Unforgotten Memories" is amazing as always though. Gives me the feels. Other tracks are nice too

I have a lot to say about the soundtrack samples, but I'm going to give them all a few more listens on my fancy headphones before writing it all out.

dwells

This is the cheapest you're gonna get right now (the Ocean Reef listing). Depending on your patience, you can get one in the $300-$330 range (no kinect)

I've bought stuff from them before, should be in great shape. Their customer service is spectacular, too.

Even at $330, I think the better bet would be to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle and sell Sunset Overdrive. I imagine you could get $50 for the game, so net cost is $20 more for a new console with a warranty.

That's my game plan at least.

Fracas

#fuckonami
About to pull the trigger. My brother is texting me excitedly. Do you know what shipping company they use?

I have a lot to say about the soundtrack samples, but I'm going to give them all a few more listens on my fancy headphones before writing it all out.

99% sure it's USPS

VinFTW

Aren't there potential issues with the condition ratings on these? Plus they're all missing cables or controllers.

Honestly dude, I agree with that guy who said getting the Sunset Bundle is probably your best bet.

Brand new, warranty, all new everything + Sunset Overdrive (which you could sell EASILY for $50).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Buy a new one.

Otherwise you're missing out on pulling that sweet, sweet plastic off all the shiny surfaces.

hnnngggggg

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aren't there potential issues with the condition ratings on these? Plus they're all missing cables or controllers.

Most of them have pics. It does seem the one that was complete for $280 is gone though.

Personally I'd wait until closer to launch (unless there's something you want to play now) and wait for a better deal.

Fuchsdh

For rewards members.

Ordered mine from there a while back due to the $10 back. Hopefully it'll credit me through Rewards as well, I dunno--also hoping that the "get it on release day if ordered by" guarantee covers my order as well.

Top Bottom