• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Let zoojoo make it. Show the whole site we don't follow the rules at all.

On the subject of soundtrack, I though the mixing was ass, but halo 4s soundtrack as a whole was pretty great.

Deception

Any idea when The Halo Channel will drop on the Xbone? Also will Nightfall come out the same day as TMCC or will they release it a few days early? I liked how FUD was rolled out. I really want to watch Nightfall but I know once TMCC comes out I'm not going to want to put the controller down.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Any idea when The Halo Channel will drop on the Xbone? Also will Nightfall come out the same day as TMCC or will they release it a few days early? I liked how FUD was rolled out. I really want to watch Nightfall but I know once TMCC comes out I'm not going to want to put the controller down.

Nov 11th.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hypeeeee

also, reposting due to lack of creativity...

Ah3sIKC.png

One looking in either direction since I'm bored with calculus.

uqhPURB.png

GhaleonEB

Buy both? ;)

I wish I could justify it. I'm playing games less now than a few years ago, so it was hard to sink the cost of a new platform as it was. As is, I can only play ~10% of the great games on a system as it is; the time and money just don't exist. Adding a new platform means another box, subscription, controllers etc. And then only playing ~5% of the great games on either system. I had to choose, and I did.

But the grass is still real green over on the Xbox side of the lawn. Halo 3 in HD is glorious.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nov 11th.
I'm genuinely impressed by how much you all are juggling right now.

MCC
Halo 5 (and Halo 5 beta)
Halo Channel
Halo Waypoint redesign
Nightfall
Comics
Novels
Toys
Whatever the hell that other TV series ends up being
Working to build up excitement in the competitive scene again
Partnerships up the wazoo (Twitch, Astro, etc.)

And it all looks fantastic so far! Well, except for the comics art. :p

I feel ya ghal. Without the MCC I'd happily stay on 360 for abother year or two.

Still don't think I can afford an x1 in time for MCC.

Games are low priority when it comes to money

VinFTW

I wish I could justify it. I'm playing games less now than a few years ago, so it was hard to sink the cost of a new platform as it was. As is, I can only play ~10% of the great games on a system as it is; the time and money just don't exist. Adding a new platform means another box, subscription, controllers etc. And then only playing ~5% of the great games on either system. I had to choose, and I did.

But the grass is still real green over on the Xbox side of the lawn. Halo 3 in HD is glorious.

It's probably best you didn't get an Xbox One w/ the MCC.

Then you'd play nothing else and experience only 1% of the great games :p

dwells

Is it safe to assume the Marathon logo is gone from Halo 2 and 3 as selectable armor emblems? I really don't understand why Bungie couldn't have just let 343i continue to use it seeing as it was already integrated into the game lore as the reclaimer glyph...

In the event it is gone, I wonder if the new reclaimer glyph going to take its place? I want my classic H2 emblem back (cobalt Marathon on a white background), but I'll take what I can get I suppose.

Mix

Saw a few pages back someone asked why there was going to be 3 OTs. There will only be two.

Back when Halo Reach launched it was the only OT, then, as time went on it evolved to just the Halo OT. Each Halo game launched since has had a seperate OT along side the community thread so yes, there will be two OTs. This one is more Community focused where as the MCC OT will be focused on the game itself.

The music is fantastic. I'm definitely going to pick up the soundtrack when it releases. I'm also super pumped about the Waypont upgrade and the Halo channel.

Oh shit, really? That's gonna be fun to check out. Praying to Stinkles that it looks as good as the Halo Channel.
I'd imagine it's a stream lined desktop version with buffed up features of the Halo Channel.

I know the soundtrack preorder is up on Amazon, but will the vinyl edition be released at the same time, or is that further down the line? I want it next to my Halo CE vinyl and Halo 4 Collectors Vinyl.

Omni

Ew. Why has the title been changed? New one is so dull. Wow.

Kinda looking forward to Waypoint update. I don't visit there... At all really. But hey. Maybe I'll have a reason to if its any good

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Saw a few pages back someone asked why there was going to be 3 OTs. There will only be two.

Back when Halo Reach launched it was the only OT, then, as time went on it evolved to just the Halo OT. Each Halo game launched since has had a seperate OT along side the community thread so yes, there will be two OTs. This one is more Community focused where as the MCC OT will be focused on the game itself.

This makes sense.

HunRevan

Woow. 343 really nailed the remastering of the old tunes. Can't wait to hear the remastered version of "In Amber Clad". I prefered the original version to the Halo CE remastered music. After hearing the Gungnir Mix. I have to say that it might be better than the original.

I just can't stop listening to it....:

Hooooooo hoo hooo hooo hooo hoooo hooooooooo...... Hooo hooo hoooooooooo hooo hooho hooooo... hooohooo hooooo. Hooo hohohohoho hoooooooooo. Badum ba ba ba badum ba ba badum ba ba. BADUM DU DUM!!! BADUM DU DUMM!!!! BADUM DU DUM!!!

Ew. Why has the title been changed? New one is so dull. Wow.

No, I think in this instance, Frank is right. We can individually have issues with 4, but it's not at all welcoming to David or Frank to set the tone / culture of the thread in the title antagonistically, it's not welcoming, and most of us would rather they stick around than not.

That being said, yes, this one is a dullard. At least call Wu a cranky old man or something :p

We still arguing about thread titles? Okay, I'll go enjoy my dolls over here:

3A's new Spartan Recruit figure is going up for preorder this Friday with Gabriel Thorne following a few days later. The Spartan Recruit is exclusive to 3A's Bambaland store while Thorne will be available at other retailers.

On sale October 17th, 2014 only at Bambaland
$220 USD - Free International Shipping Included.

Bambaland Exclusive
HALO
UNSC Spartan Recruit
1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Figure Stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall
Over 35 Points of Articulation Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers
Assault Rifle Magnetically Attaches to Shoulder Armor
Handgun Magnetically Attaches to Upper Leg Armor
Illuminated Helmet and Combat Armor Featuring 24 LED Lights
Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
WEAPON LOADOUT

SRS 99-S5 Sniper Rifle
M6H Handgun
MA5D Assault Rifle
M11 Combat Knife
BATTERY REQUIREMENTS [Batteries Not Included]

AG1 x 3 Button Cell Batteries
CR2032 x 2 Button Cell Batteries
*Design and color may change on final shipping version

Available for Pre-Order on October 20th, 2014 at select 3A Stockists
SRP $220 USD

Retail Edition
HALO
UNSC Spartan Gabriel Thorne
1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Figure Stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall
Over 35 Points of Articulation Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers
Assault Rifle Magnetically Attaches to Shoulder Armor
Handgun Magnetically Attaches to Upper Leg Armor
Illuminated Helmet and Combat Armor Featuring 24 LED Lights
Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
WEAPON LOADOUT

M6H Handgun
MA5D Assault Rifle
M11 Combat Knife
BATTERY REQUIREMENTS [Batteries Not Included]

AG1 x 3 Button Cell Batteries
CR2032 x 2 Button Cell Batteries
*Design and color may change on final shipping version

post-14570-I-Need-It-Iron-Man-gif-HItN.gif

3A's new Spartan Recruit figure is going up for preorder this Friday with Gabriel Thorne following a few days later. The Spartan Recruit is exclusive to 3A's Bambaland store while Thorne will be available at other retailers.

I love 3A so much, but it's always on the pricey side...
-longingly looks at Metal Gear REX-

I'm pretty excited to see the impending Agent Locke figures. His armor is pretty fantastic.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

unf

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would never buy something like that, but those Spartan figures look frickin amazing.

klodeckel

Banned
WOAH at this figurines! I got a couple of Halo figurines here (even a rather expensive WETA one), but the two shown above simply look absolutely gorgeous.

However, personally I prefer "static" figurines. I think they feel more premium.

wwm0nkey

Gravemind speaking better still be in the OST, it can still be tied into current lore and was such a cool easter egg on the OST.

Top Bottom