• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

BigShow36

Have they showed off any Halo CE online yet? All I've seen jumping in and out has been Halo 2 and Halo 2A? Why are we not seeing the only game we haven't seen played online?

VinFTW

I feel like this is an awful attitude to have. Not everything about CoD is bad. Killcams don't hurt the gameplay, they have essentially no effect on the gameplay. Especially if they act like in 4 where you can skip them and just look at your dead bodies/teammates.

It's actually quite a nice feature, sometimes when you really have no idea how you died it's nice to find out.

I can understand this, however we've known from the start that H2A was inspired by H2. It's not a direct rip with better graphics.

But your wrong, they have an affect on gameplay.

Every little thing they mess up contributes to the game getting a bad rep. Death cams back in the day gave you a chance to make call outs and contribute to being a team player. Adding kill cams to modernize from CoD fucking ruins that. Just for the sake of modernizing?

Halo did fine without "knowing where you died".

Have they showed off any Halo CE online yet? All I've seen jumping in and out has been Halo 2 and Halo 2A? Why are we not seeing the only game we haven't seen played online?

At the very beginning. Was a little bit of what appeared to be latency at work though, so who knows how it will be.

Mix

Goddamn it, it all looks so good. I need it right now damn it...
Why isn't it in 60 FPS? Is it for anyone else?

Akai__

Yes, they played Halo CE Hang 'Em High at the beginning. There was a huge teleport lag, when the guy picked up Camo, I think. It wasn't stream lag, because everything else moved normal.

Worries about netcode are a serious reality (saw some teleports on stream), but it still looks fun. Fingers crossed.

CyReN

dumpster-fire_medium.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

jem0208

What are the odds the kill cams actually work over live? Did the Halo 4 cams ever get fixed?
They work fine in CoD.

But your wrong, they have an affect on gameplay.

Every little thing they mess up contributes to the game getting a bad rep. Death cams back in the day gave you a chance to make call outs and contribute to being a team player. Adding kill cams to modernize from CoD fucking ruins that. Just for the sake of modernizing?

Halo did fine without "knowing where you died".

And Halo will work still work fine with knowing how you died. Killcams also give you the opportunity to make callouts. You can tell people the exact weapon you were killed with, where they were when they killed you. If they are far away this is far more useful than spinning around your dead body looking for the guy who killed you.

This isn't something they've messed up, it makes no difference.

Also, like I've said 3 times already, I bet they work like in 4 where you can skip them and do exactly what you could do in the classic Halos.

They work fine in CoD.

And Halo will work still work fine with knowing how you died. Killcams also give you the opportunity to make callouts. You can tell people the exact weapon you were killed with, where they were when they killed you. If they are far away this is far more useful than spinning around your dead body looking for the guy who killed you.

This isn't something they've messed up, it makes no difference.

Literally everything you just mentioned can be gleaned with actual game awareness and *better* with death cams, not to mention in real time. What's the point of a callout when you apparently need to wait 3 seconds to figure it out?

VinFTW

Literally everything you just mentioned can be gleaned with actual game awareness and *better* with death cams, not to mention in real time. What's the point of a callout when you apparently need to wait 3 seconds to figure it out?

Yup...

But let's keep adding stuff like hitmarkers, indicators, and kill-cams to further segregate the user base with the pros AND have it be something pros dont want.

jem0208

So you're saying if you were killed from across the map on Coag you would be able to pinpoint exactly who killed you and with what with the classic deathcam?

And again, what's wrong with both?

Ampoc

Neo Member
Hearing that Halo 4 main music makes me want to throw up again... Ugh -.-

That's the exact trailer we got yesterday or 2 days ago.

No, the trailer we got two days ago was different. This is a full out trailer, the one we got was just a interview/first look type of video featuring the clips from this trailer.

VinFTW

So you're saying if you were killed from across the map on Coag you would be able to pinpoint exactly who killed you and with what with the classic deathcam?

And again, what's wrong with both?

Whats the point of learning the maps and becoming good when kill-cams give it all away... Like I said, they're discouraging people from learning Halo by giving them CoD.

jem0208

Whats the point of learning the maps and becoming good when kill-cams give it all away... Like I said, they're discouraging people from learning Halo by giving them CoD.

What?

First you complain they can't be used for callouts, now you're saying they shouldn't be used for callouts?

If you don't know the maps, you won't be able to pinpoint where they were anyway.

Top Bottom