• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booties

Banned
Kill cams don't really matter though. The killer also knows that you have them so they can simply relocate. Good players will take advantage of it more than bad-middle range players will just like they do with radar. Nothing to freak out about.

Deathcams provide you with so much info, and some can argue that it may be too much info, but killcams show you exactly how you died from the enemy's perspective, which helps with calling BS on a lot of plays. If killcams work this time around, maybe it won't be so bad.
I love the blood, death screams and sharp/shiny armor of Halo 1.
A lot of people are in for a treat with CE.

jem0208

chansub-global-emoticon-c8a77ec0c49976d3-22x30.png

Whoosh.

jem0208

Deathcams provide you with so much info, and some can argue that it may be too much info, but killcams show you exactly how you died from the enemy's perspective, which helps with calling BS on a lot of plays. If killcams work this time around, maybe it won't be so bad.

Kill cams don't really matter though. The killer also knows that you have them so they can simply relocate. Good players will take advantage of it more than bad-middle range players will just like they do with radar. Nothing to freak out about.

No one took that as a joke when you've been keeping the charade up for multiple posts...

It's hardly a charade, I genuinely think that killcams aren't a negative. That was a joke.

wwm0nkey

So what is the point of the BestBuy pre-order bonus with the map book? I mean its cool but all the map layouts are on the loading screen....soooo.

Booties

Banned
Hah, I'll take that.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually liked 4's multiplayer on here...

Now you're just obviously trolling. 0/10 for lack of effort and creativity.

Oh and this is just for h2a? Why is this even beign discussed. I don't mind experimental stuff in the playlist I won't be playing that often. Let 343 get that stuff out of their system, just give me the classic game/gametypes that I want.

VinFTW

All these great maps they left out for H2A, I hope they put them into H5.

And back to my argument regarding Kill Cams, I'll remain optimistic. It's a year long Beta, hoping for the best.

Hah, I'll take that.

It had its moments. Personally, I'm of the (probably terrible) opinion that once you strip away all the extraneous bullshit, you're left with a surprisingly solid Halo game, albeit one with an extremely small selection of good maps.

jem0208

Case-in-point.

That was my point.

It had its moments. Personally, I'm of the (probably terrible) opinion that once you strip away all the extraneous bullshit, you're left with a surprisingly solid Halo game, albeit one with an extremely small selection of good maps.

That's basically my opinion. It had obvious problems, however I never thought those problems affected the game enough to make it bad. Just not as good as the others (still far better than Reach though)

Woorloog

Banned
Hah, I'll take that.

Hmm. I semi-like it. Unfortunately the game's pretty bad in splitscreen due to framerate issues...
Definitively take it over most other shooters, i tried BFBC2 again due to Games with Gold but i realized i can't stand any kind of ADS game* anymore (removing ADS from Destiny would have improved it as a game significantly, i think).

*Not counting things like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Presumably ARMA i could deal with as well.

Booties

Banned
Fucking Frankie got Pocahontas songs stuck in my head. Best Disney movie because of Mel Gibson - aka the GOAT Disney prince.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I think a lot of people here would agree with that. Halo 4 has a gem hidden deep down under that mountain of crap.

Onikaan

You keep making sure everyone here knows how you feel about Halo, Jem.

Variety in opinion makes good discussion. (Without falling out over it)

jem0208

Fucking Frankie got Pocahontas songs stuck in my head. Best Disney movie because of Mel Gibson - aka the GOAT Disney prince.

Fuck that, Finding Nemo was a Disney film.

Lion King is best Disney movie.

Forgot about Lion King...

It takes a very close second IMO.

Hmm. I semi-like it. Unfortunately the game's pretty bad in splitscreen due to framerate issues...
Definitively take it over most other shooters, i tried BFBC2 again due to Games with Gold but i realized i can't stand any kind of ADS game* anymore (removing ADS from Destiny would have improved it as a game significantly, i think).

*Not counting things like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. Presumably ARMA i could deal with as well.

Oh yeah, the split screen framerate was a massive pain in the ass. My biggest problem with the game actually.

I really hope the framerate for splitscreen is locked in the MCC.

You keep making sure everyone here knows how you feel about Halo, Jem.

Variety in opinion makes good discussion. (Without falling out over it)

Aha, I tend to be pretty positive about everything Halo :3

Honestly, that Battlecreek Halo CE match ran REALLY good from a netcode standpoint. If this is the connection level I can expect ... Wow!

Yes I didn't see any hiccups in that match. I'm very excited about it now. Even the HangEmHigh wasn't too bad despite a couple players teleporting once or twice. The pistol seemed to connect very well.

VinFTW

Nah, I think a lot of people here would agree with that. Halo 4 has a gem hidden deep down under that mountain of crap.

Agreed and I'm somewhat excited to try legendary H4 with the insane lighting/60FPS :p

I'll dabble in it but my main stay will be H2 + H3 with some CE/H2a here and there.

Madness

Final KillCam is good because it' a nice way to finish the game, creates competitiveness or amazing moments. Killcams in game are not as good because most of us know how we died, we don't need to see it again, but it's nice to have situational awareness to tell our teammates so and so has a shotgun on hill, etc. Hopefully it can be turned off.

Onikaan

Yes I didn't see any hiccups in that match. I'm very excited about it now. Even the HangEmHigh wasn't too bad despite a couple players teleporting once or twice. The pistol seemed to connect very well.

I think the first rocket he fired went straight through the wall but beyond that it was really good.

Max: "Just look at these Halo 2 maps, they are so clean, no distractions."

CAN WE GET AN AMEN IN HERE?

Halo 5 needs crystal clear maps IMO. =)

Top Bottom