• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
deja vu with this sneak peak. it's like when we knew halo 4 was going to be bad way in advance. RIP halo.

CWH8blF.gif

With all these options wish we had a customs game playlist, where you could select the types of CGs and it would just automatically go through them in a session.

VinFTW

What?

First you complain they can't be used for callouts, now you're saying they shouldn't be used for callouts?

If you don't know the maps, you won't be able to pinpoint where they were anyway.

Other people have already explained what I'm trying to say much better than I have.

Kill-cams bring nothing good to the Halo sandbox.

defghik

So you're saying if you were killed from across the map on Coag you would be able to pinpoint exactly who killed you and with what with the classic deathcam?

If you can't tell how you died with the classic death cam, then you don't deserve to know.

jem0208

If you can't tell how you died with the classic death cam, then you don't deserve to know.
Sometimes it's essentially impossible to know. Getting shot from 3 directions from people hiding behind a bunch of rocks?

Good luck.
Other people have already explained what I'm trying to say much better than I have.

Kill-cams bring nothing good to the Halo sandbox.

They don't take anything away either.

BigShow36

-Spawns in front of a player on FFA Battle Creek

"That's Halo CE for you."
"Yeah, the unsung hero of Halo 2 is the spawn system."

le sigh

Is it any wonder why Halo games got progressively worse?

Booties

Banned
As long as the kill cam works as intended and isn't buggy like in halo 4, then I don't care. I do think the classic cam is fine, but I know I've yelled at my tv plenty of times about the lack of a kill cam.

A final kill cam in halo will be great. So much more epic since the BR is a beautiful weapon.

defghik

Sometimes it's essentially impossible to know. Getting shot from 3 directions from people hiding behind a bunch of rocks?

That's kind of the point. If a player killed you in such a way that you couldn't tell where or how you died, they deserve that advantage. No need to artificially take that away from them with a killcam.

wwm0nkey

As long as the kill cam works as intended and isn't buggy like in halo 4, then I don't care. I do think the classic cam is fine, but I know I've yelled at my tv plenty of times about the lack of a kill cam.

A final kill cam in halo will be great. So much more epic since the BR is a beautiful weapon.

I really like final kill cams, but yeah kill cams don't really take away from anything but it does negate "HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GET ME!" shouts in online matches. Though you do have the downside of you being exposed if you are hiding in BTB so it should be disabled there.

woodland

That's kind of the point. If a player killed you in such a way that you couldn't tell where or how you died, they deserve that advantage.

Was gonna chime in with this, but you got it covered. The death cam's just one of the countless ways of rewarding people for playing poorly that's gotten worse with each Halo game.

On another thing - there's seriously a medal for getting a single kill with rockets now? God what is the fucking point.

klodeckel

Banned
Honestly, that Battlecreek Halo CE match ran REALLY good from a netcode standpoint. If this is the connection level I can expect ... Wow!

antigoon

That's kind of the point. If a player killed you in such a way that you couldn't tell where or how you died, they deserve that advantage. No need to artificially take that away from them with a killcam.

This was always my perspective. But I'm not gonna go to war over a killcam. There are bigger battles to fight.

They don't take anything away either.
Yes. They do. I prefer to have more information to tell my team, not less.

See, this I can get behind. Final kill cam is a cool idea. Every death takes away from your ability to communicate effectively up-to-date info to your teammates, though.

Madness

don't be certain our thoughts extend to the whole player base. They focus test all this shit, maybe people respond better when the game behaves more like Call of Duty. Didn't work for them in Halo 4, though, so I'm not sure why they're continuing down this path.

You should really read CliffyB's thoughts on focus testing and how it ends up negatively impacting games because it ends up being things that neither the devs nor the player base at large want.

Onikaan

For the 5th or 6th time, what if it works like 4 where you can skip the killcam and watch your dead body?

Pretty sure he said you can turn it off completely, too. So you won't even have to skip it? It just won't be there. Hoping that's how it works. They both have their own advantages, but I personally prefer death cam.

BigShow36

Please explain how spawning in front of enemies is a good thing

It's not, but when you're playing an 8 man Rockets FFA, it kind of comes with the territory. It happened in Halo 2 as well.

Halo CE had the best spawn system of the entire series because you and your teammates controlled it. If you were getting spawn trapped, you could get out of it; not so in Halo 2. I'm pretty sure the "designer" saying that Halo 2's spawn system was the unsung hero doesn't understand Halo CE's spawn system or it's implications for gameplay.

Top Bottom