• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

DJ Gunner

How do you know it isn't like Halo 4 where you can skip the killcam and do exactly that?

I see literally no negatives in seeing how you died. It's actually quite a nice thing to watch instead of monitoring your dead body/teammates.

You would rather watch a replay of you losing a battle than watch something that could provide valuable information when you respawn?

TheXbox

How do you know it isn't like Halo 4 where you can skip the killcam and do exactly that?

I see literally no negatives in seeing how you died. It's actually quite a nice thing to watch instead of monitoring your dead body/teammates.
You mean like in Halo 4 where you hit X and immediately respawn? You mean like that?

dwells

Why aren't people feeling the killcams? They respawn time is still set, this simply changes what you see while dead.

Because Halo is its own game and doesn't need to just be grabbing features from other games to make itself more "modern" (i.e. generic). Killcams give too much information away, also. Players should pass their time watching the third person teammate cams to help give them an idea where their team is at, what's happening, and what to do when they spawn.

TheXbox

No, I mean like in 4 where you hit a button and watch the spawn timer tick down.
Just teasing you mate.

I can't say I'm surprised they added loadouts and killcams. I'm not even that mad as long as that shit don't touch the real Halo games. Anniversary is a superficial one-off and I can't force myself to care about it. It's just an unfortunate indicator that 343 wankery will continue on into Halo 5.

Kibbles

Watching this gameplay in 30fps seems pointless :| Like yup, that's Halo 3.

Ugh disappointing I'm just gonna go get food.

Vico

So, every map has a top-down schematic view during loading. Nice.
Was afraid they'd only have them for Halo 2 Anniversary maps.

RoKKeR

These matches need to be like 2-3 minutes long max so we can just riffle through the maps.

And this guy playing currently is... bad.

If we're just gonna be seeing 30fps gameplay then I only want to see new Halo 2 anniversary stuff. Don't show old games unless we get to see it at a buttery 60fps

RoKKeR

I feel another 2 Dev montage coming on.

That was almost as bad as the hornet flipping.

And this is confirming Halo 3 will be the go to game for me, still looks so good.

Dammit, IGN, I didn't want to edit another video so soon. I don't have the time.

EDIT: like, I get that not everyone is an MLG 1337 pro sauce, but at a certain point it's like an infant trying to drive a car. It's cute, but you're not fulfilling the purpose of the car.

Welfare

Wow guys have you forgotten their Halo 5 Beta first look? It reinforced "fair starts" with the same weapon as the other spartans on the field.

Chillax bruthas.

Halo 5 BETA, not what the full game will be. Full game will most likely be a cluster fuck.

TheXbox

Wow guys have you forgotten their Halo 5 Beta first look? It reinforced "fair starts" with the same weapon as the other spartans on the field.

Chillax bruthas.
I have a feeling they're going to segregate arena Halo and Halo 4 tots. The latter of which we probably won't see for a while, until they've fooled us into believing Halo 5 will be legit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
awesome death poses like that are why killcams are silly in Halo

That hilarious death pose is the reason I don't want killcams ahah
Rdnmv.gif

Top Bottom