• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

bzT3Z88.png

JkDcRuE.jpg

Dredd crossover confirmed

Woorloog

Banned
Didact has the potential. Well, I guess had now. :/

What do you mean "had"?

It bother me a friend of mine, who is both Halo and Marvel-CU fan, doesn't see anything similar in Ultron's and Didacts looks. They look pretty similar to me. Sure, there are visible differences but still...

What do you mean "had"?

It bother me a friend of mine, who is both a Halo and Marvel-CU fan, doesn't see anything similar in Ultron's and Didacts looks. They look pretty similar to me. Sure, there are visible differences but still...

well Ultron has looked like this for a number of years.

Woorloog

Banned
well Ultron has looked like this for a number of years.

Was the Didact inspired by Ultron then?
I don't know anything about MCU or Marvel comics really. I barely know who Stan Lee is (when the friend noted that "That was Stan Lee" while we watched one of the films, i was like "Who?" and my friend promptly facepalmed).

Madness

Is this quote real?

Not necessarily. They did say that older CE maps and stuff had bright blues and lots of color like purples. They tried to do something different, that they wanted maps to look a bit different. Then they were saying something like once you start playing you don't really notice, it just blends in eventually.

I don't know, Bloodline would have worked so much better with far more color. It's like 10 shades of brown/green and so unappealing. I don't doubt it will play amazing, but still.

Frankles been on fire since he returned.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

wwm0nkey

Glorious WebM's.

Thanks for this one, and the upload of the Halo cinematic.

WebMs are the superior format.

Also super easy to make, just SHIFT+CTRL O and convert any video to webm via VLC. Did not know about this until today.

Also Webm's are not easy to take off the web :)

Fuchsdh

Escalation Issue 11 has an additional new name on both inks and pencils, and the art is a bit better. Not exceptionally so, but there's some nicer inking, and a bit more detailed linework. Nice to see some improvement.

wwm0nkey

Yep - they're super small files and they ARE the web.
Seriously 19Mb for that entire cutscene in 720p, its fucking insane.

Escalation Issue 11 has an additional new name on both inks and pencils, and the art is a bit better. Not exceptionally so, but there's some nicer inking, and a bit more detailed linework. Nice to see some improvement.

So there is actually line depth now?!

E92 M3

Lol on the stream they said they wanted to try something new because blue and bright was used a lot in other Halos. Brown and gloomy is so new...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The one thing i just realized... halo 2 ranking had game modes which you couldn't play in custom... like 1 flag was best of 3... you couldn't replicate this in custom.

Will this still be the case in MCC?

Madness

Lol on the stream they said they wanted to try something new because blue and bright was used a lot in other Halos. Brown and gloomy is so new...

Look at all those bright and primary colors and blues and greens and purples. This is just the style they've been doing the past two years. More of their maps are so devoid any color, and when it does have some color, it's just different shades of the same one. Just look at how bland they made the Pit in the remake and how much Valhalla looks so different.

Look at all those bright and primary colors and blues and greens and purples. This is just the style they've been doing the past two years. More of their maps are so devoid any color, and when it does have some color, it's just different shades of the same one. Just look at how bland they made the Pit in the remake and how much Valhalla looks so different.

I actually don't mind the look of any of those maps with the exception of Shatter. They, while gloomy looking, don't have a super muddy colored filter that Bloodline appears to have evenly applied over all of the visuals.

That said, I also like to see Halo maps sporting much more color... but ultimately I don't mind gloomy maps, just gloomy color filters.

Cross post:

Did anyone else notice that the armor customizations were all presets, and they couldn't mix and match different story pieces like in halo 3/4? I really hope that it's still in...

Cross post:

Did anyone else notice that the armor customizations were all presets, and they couldn't mix and match different story pieces like in halo 3/4? I really hope that it's still in...

I think I understand why, otherwise you run the risk of it becoming like the Halo 4 file share where you have to dig through 35 menus to get to the individual features and games and whatnot.

Top Bottom