• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's been 24 hours and my MCC download is finally past the 70% mark! Maybe it'll be done by November 11th.

Jesus man, not much to share? What more could you want? A new Nightfall trailer that opens up what that series is going to be about. A new comic leading on from one of the most "impacting" comics in the escalation series (#10) and a full blown pros returning tourney with the well develop live streaming/commenting format.

All that on top of the daily IGN streams/videos/articles.

Fuck me, that's not much to share? SMH.
I'm not pretending, I'm not for phrases that spit in the face of developers/content producers faces or others hard work in general. I have no interest in working for 343, please continue to scapegoat me a shill by all means though. Perhaps I may have been off the mark but your post implies there is little content to share. It still reads that way without further information from you, if I read it that way and follow this thread I'll continue to react to it so others don't have to read into the same BS. I didn't like how it reads on its own, especially given this thread/HaloGAF community reactions/locks/warning/dev comments history.

EDIT: Seeing your edit it just reads poorly is all.
Come on man.. This is ridonkulous. How could you be this upset over what Madness said??

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_pacifier.png

VinFTW

I enjoyed destiny and while i dislike the pvp, I can't help but to call bullshit on the praise for destinys online. Not only does it have some of the worst net code I've ever played on (turning a corner after getting shot and dying 3 seconds after leaving the firefight = lol) but the phasing of players has been around since what? WoW? Maybe before.

Edit: also sunset overdrive looks hype as fuck, good time sink till MCC. love insomniac, think it's gonna be awesome.

Add me for chaos squad shenanigans. (Gt: Vin FTW)

RowdyReverb

Oddly enough, the gameplay stream today got me excited for Halo 4, specifically when they showed there were 25 maps. I never bought or looked at any of the Halo 4 DLC, so that's like 12 entirely new maps to me. I really hope that Legendary Slayer is a prominent game type in the H4 playlist, because I'd really like to explore those maps without having to mentally change gears to adjust to H4 mechanics.

Mix

It's a shooter where I don't have to play as a bald space marine with colors and rail grinding.

At the very least I have to check it out haha

I'm pretty excited about tbh, I just don't think I'll have the appropriate funds by next week, at least not to pay for it responsibly.

Fotos

I enjoyed destiny and while i dislike the pvp, I can't help but to call bullshit on the praise for destinys online. Not only does it have some of the worst net code I've ever played on (turning a corner after getting shot and dying 3 seconds after leaving the firefight = lol) but the phasing of players has been around since what? WoW? Maybe before.

Edit: also sunset overdrive looks hype as fuck, good time sink till MCC. love insomniac, think it's gonna be awesome.

I agree with all of this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oddly enough, the gameplay stream today got me excited for Halo 4, specifically when they showed there were 25 maps. I never bought or looked at any of the Halo 4 DLC, so that's like 12 entirely new maps to me. I really hope that Legendary Slayer is a prominent game type in the H4 playlist, because I'd really like to explore those maps without having to mentally change gears to adjust to H4 mechanics.
Don't get too excited... Most of the Halo 4 DLC maps are terrible. The Majestic maps were pretty solid though, and I'm excited to play them again. I'm also curious to try out the BTB maps again with better framerates, too.

Add me for chaos squad shenanigans. (Gt: Vin FTW)

Yeah, I was hoping it would be fun enough to sink a few hours into and kill some time before MCC. Looks like a great concept and I have liked what I have played from Insomniac before. Want to support them in their first foray with Microsoft/Xbox. Plus my gf is very interested in the game and paid half.

Will add you before I get it.

darthbob

I feel the same way about some of Halo 3's maps too. Case in point, by the time Mythic Map Pack II was released I had kinda moved on from Halo 3 MP so I never really got to play Citadel, Heretic, or Longshore. Come to think of it, I didn't play much on Orbital or Assembly either.

Same goes for Halo 4. I got the LE for the game and didn't play much if at all of the MP so the Castle, Majestic, and Crimson Map Pack content will be new to me for MCC.

VinFTW

Minnesota fan... Pass mcdangles

kidding of course
sounds good, my gf is also super interested in it lol, women like pretty colors I guess

RowdyReverb

Don't get too excited... Most of the Halo 4 DLC maps are terrible. The Majestic maps were pretty solid though, and I'm excited to play them again. I'm also curious to try out the BTB maps again with better framerates, too.

I'll temper my excitement, but I still want to check them out. Between those and the Halo PC maps I never played, I feel like I'm getting a fair amount of new content to explore in the MP win the re-released games.

I feel the same way about some of Halo 3's maps too. Case in point, by the time Mythic Map Pack II was released I had kinda moved on from Halo 3 MP so I never really got to play Citadel, Heretic, or Longshore. Come to think of it, I didn't play much on Orbital or Assembly either.

I vaguely remember playing those maps. In any case, it will be nice to have them all playable outside of a small DLC playlist. I feel like the collection is going to give a bit more spotlight to DLC maps in general for that reason.

darthbob

I'll temper my excitement, but I still want to check them out. Between those and the Halo PC maps I never played, I feel like I'm getting a fair amount of new content to explore in the MP win the re-released games.

You're in for a treat. I know Ram will politely disagree with me on this, but Danger Canyon, Death Island, and Timberland are really the showcase maps for Halo PC IMO.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell. I had my Xbox One on all day to download the MCC, and I just accidentally turned it off. I turned it back on right away and checked the download progress, and watched the bar drop from 76% to 31%.

Awesome.

Nowise10

Fucking hell. I had my Xbox One on all day to download the MCC, and I just accidentally turned it off. I turned it back on right away and checked the download progress, and watched the bar drop from 76% to 31%.

Awesome.

The game will still download even with the console shut off bro

RowdyReverb

Awesome.

I've heard the percentages are buggy, so don't stress. You know what they say about watched pots

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The game will still download even with the console shut off bro
There's apparently some bug with the MCC that resets it if you go to standby. Other people have been reporting it too.

I've heard the percentages are buggy, so don't stress. You know what they say about watched pots
I've been trying to download it for over 24 hours now... I'm staying at a friends house while I'm between houses, and the internet here is crazy slow. If it ends up actually being close to finished then I'll be happily surprised, but I'm skeptical.

Oddly enough, the gameplay stream today got me excited for Halo 4, specifically when they showed there were 25 maps.
Yeah, I'm excited to try out Halo 4 too. Game could have been much better with descope et al. and more arena maps.
DLC maps > launch maps

Harvest >

TheOddOne

Oh look.

- XBW: Enlist Now for the HaloFest Livestream, November 8-11
On Nov. 11, the next step in the Halo journey begins with the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Nightfall. In the days prior, Microsoft and 343 Industries invite fans to join the celebration as they broadcast special sneak peeks, interviews and exclusive gameplay to the world on Xbox Live, Xbox.com and Twitch – including the first look at the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta and the world premiere of the first episode of Halo: Nightfall.
First look at Halo 5: Guardians. Fans will have a chance to experience the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta before its release on Dec. 29. An exhibition match between eSports pros will provide a first glimpse at the future of Halo multiplayer gameplay.
Turn me into Elzar if repost.

Wait, Halo 5 footage on the 10th? Well I guess if it ends up looking bad I will have TMCC right in front of me to make me feel better.
Man I hope 5 is good.

PLEASE shut the hell up. Seriously, why post if all you're going to do is whine about the exact same thing every time? It would be one thing if you had real concerns around the game, but you've posted about it at least three times.

at this point it's more of a recurring joke than anything.

Real talk, shitty maps come out when they are built on the sprint mechanic. So no sprint is good(tons of other posts stated as such as well) so yes I'm worried about sprint or Other elements like Spartan abilities affecting map design.

Top Bottom