• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

halo-mc-bonus.jpg

The hell kind of case is this? Hopefully I can still get a normal copy of the game, this doesn't really look really appealing at all.

Did anybody here get the limited edition for Halo 2 when it launched? Microsoft was stupid and they put the bonus disk right underneath the game disc, which caused problems for some people.

The Flash

Banned
Did anybody here get the limited edition for Halo 2 when it launched? Microsoft was stupid and they put the bonus disk right underneath the game disc, which caused problems for some people.

That happened with 3 as well. I was living overseas at the time so my grandma went to all the places that had LE's and checked to make sure that the discs weren't scratched. A few weeks later I got H3 in the mail, popped it into my 360, RRoD five minutes into the first mission. I didn't beat the campaign for 2.5 years.

darthbob

That happened with 3 as well. I was living overseas at the time so my grandma went to all the places that had LE's and checked to make sure that the discs weren't scratched. A few weeks later I got H3 in the mail, popped it into my 360, RRoD five minutes into the first mission. I didn't beat the campaign for 2.5 years.

I am so sorry. :'(

E92 M3

Look at all those bright and primary colors and blues and greens and purples. This is just the style they've been doing the past two years. More of their maps are so devoid any color, and when it does have some color, it's just different shades of the same one. Just look at how bland they made the Pit in the remake and how much Valhalla looks so different.

Yes, it's rather unfortunate...

Madness

"Frame Case" lulz

Never saw it before. Would you rather have this or just the regular Xbox One case?

It's called a FR4ME case. Here's a better look at one in the wild (from the movie Oblivion, not from MCC)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiL72yprUKk

Yeah, seems like a cheaper "steelbook" alternative. Basically just plastic case with a different design, and with reversible artwork covers that seem laminated. Don't know if I should tell EBGames to just give me a regular version or this thing. Looks pretty odd.

Never saw it before. Would you rather have this or just the regular Xbox One case?

Yeah, seems like a cheaper "steelbook" alternative. Basically just plastic case with a different design, and with reversible artwork covers that seem laminated. Don't know if I should tell EBGames to just give me a regular version or this thing. Looks pretty odd.

Steelbook is my favorite collector thing ever, probably. We've had some pretty awesome ones with Halo, but I also have loved quite a few different titles. Forza 4, Tomb Raider, Destiny, ACIV:BF all have really classy Steelbook designs.

halo-mc-bonus.jpg

The hell kind of case is this? Hopefully I can still get a normal copy of the game, this doesn't really look really appealing at all.

Depending on what's on the reverse side (artwise), it could be cool. But it's very gimmicky.

EDIT: judging from the picture, it has some kind of clear slipcase, so you can actually read the spine. Weird.

Madness

Depending on what's on the reverse side (artwise), it could be cool. But it's very gimmicky.

halomasterchieflimitedjpg-8ddd0d.jpg

UK at least gets this book and the steelbook, which I would prefer over this. Hopefully this case is in addition to the game, otherwise I think I'll just tell them to give me a normal version. Then again, aren't Xbox One cases weird with the discs on the left?

Steelbook is my favorite collector thing ever, probably. We've had some pretty awesome ones with Halo, but I also have loved quite a few different titles. Forza 4, Tomb Raider, Destiny, ACIV:BF all have really classy Steelbook designs.

Yeah the UK supposedly gets a good steelbook case. I think my last Steelbook case was GTA V. Hopefully they don't stop Steelbook cases in favor of this FR4ME stuff.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/bulletins/the-halo-bulletin-the-elite-eight

New bulletin is up. Not much to share beyond Escalation #11 announcement, Nightfall trailer (if you didn't see it), and the tournament they are setting up for a few days before MCC launch. Can't wait to see high level H2A play again.

Jesus man, not much to share? What more could you want? A new Nightfall trailer that opens up what that series is going to be about. A new comic leading on from one of the most "impacting" comics in the escalation series (#10) and a full blown pros returning tourney with the well develop live streaming/commenting format.

All that on top of the daily IGN streams/videos/articles.

Fuck me, that's not much to share? SMH.

The Flash

Banned
Jesus man, not much to share? What more could you want? A new Nightfall trailer that opens up what that series is going to be about. A new comic leading on from one of the most "impacting" comics in the escalation series (#10) and a full blown pros returning tourney with the well develop live streaming/commenting format.

Still pumped that Azure is up in Australia Land?

Isn't EB Games a UK business now? I thought GameStop replaced them in the US.

You are correct

halomasterchieflimitedjpg-8ddd0d.jpg

UK at least gets this book and the steelbook, which I would prefer over this. Hopefully this case is in addition to the game, otherwise I think I'll just tell them to give me a normal version. Then again, aren't Xbox One cases weird with the discs on the left?

Isn't EB Games a UK business now? I thought GameStop replaced them in the US.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Yeah, this surprised me. What gives?

GrizzNKev

Banned

can you chill out dude

he meant that most of it had already been covered elsewhere

Still pumped that Azure is up in Australia Land?

Hell yes! Not just gaming on X1 wise either. I'll be migrating my company servers to the Melbourne DC as well. No more server/rack/backup/firewall hardware purchasing or maintenance for me. Also I rent a number of movies to stream on X1 as well so that's good news for CDN, although I suspect they've already been using the Aussie DCs for the last year or so.

As for Halo it's seriously a major leg up. I just hope for any of the following:

1. DC region is selectable or filtered/layered like Titanfall. In Destiny you can easily tell when the game instance is on a US/international server, especially PvP. It's still miles better than previous P2P network/server models of the last decade.

2. Customs that guarantee hosting on a regional DC or allow us to specify one.

Madness

Take your outrage elsewhere man. You're one of the only people here I've seen get so indignant over the slightest things. "Fuck me mate, what more do you folks want", "JESUS you get 3 versions of CE and still not happy? Can't fucking win", "you folks want the same shit every time, for fucks sake" etc.

Yeah, not much to share. Most of us have seen the trailer, I think other sites like Team Beyond have even shared the rosters of a lot of those captains already on the tournament, and I think Escalation #11 info was already shared. But by all means, keep pretending to be incredulous and outraged, maybe they'll bump you up to lead moderator.

Edit: I was just saying, I thought they'd have at least talked a bit about some new features we haven't seen or heard about, etc. I get that they are busy with other things, and I wasn't even trying to be insulting to Waypoint or Bravo.

The Flash

Banned

Rooster Teeth's going to have a field day with MCC.

Hell yes! Not just gaming on X1 wise either. I'll be migrating my company servers to the Melbourne DC as well. No more server/rack/backup/firewall hardware purchasing or maintenance for me. Also I rent a number of movies to stream on X1 as well so that's good news for CDN, although I suspect they've already been using the Aussie DCs for the last year or so.

As for Halo it's seriously a major leg up. I just hope for any of the following:

1. DC region is selectable or filtered/layered like Titanfall. In Destiny you can easily tell when the game instance is on a US/international server, especially PvP. It's still miles better than previous P2P network/server models of the last decade.

2. Customs that guarantee hosting on a regional DC or allow us to specify one.

Selectable region would be pretty sweet. Glad the upgrade is helping your business too!

Take your outrage elsewhere man. You're one of the only people here I've seen get so indignant over the slightest things. "Fuck me mate, what more do you folks want", "JESUS you get 3 versions of CE and still not happy? Can't fucking win"

Yeah, not much to share. Most of us have seen the trailer, I think other sites like Team Beyond have even shared the rosters of a lot of those captains already on the tournament, and I think Escalation #11 info was already shared. But by all means, keep pretending to be incredulous and outraged, maybe they'll bump you up to lead moderator.

I'm not pretending, I'm not for phrases that spit in the face of developers/content producers faces or others hard work in general. I have no interest in working for 343, please continue to scapegoat me a shill by all means though. Perhaps I may have been off the mark but your post implies there is little content to share. It still reads that way without further information from you, if I read it that way and follow this thread I'll continue to react to it so others don't have to read into the same BS. I didn't like how it reads on its own, especially given this thread/HaloGAF community reactions/locks/warning/dev comments history.

EDIT: Seeing your edit it just reads poorly is all.

Oh fine, don't even mention MY section...

;-)

Madness

I'm not pretending, I'm not for phrases that spit in the face of developers/content producers faces or others hard work in general. I have no interest in working for 343, please continue to scapegoat me a shill by all means though. Perhaps I may have been off the mark but your post implies there is little content to share. It still reads that way without further information from you, if I read it that way and follow this thread I'll continue to react to it so others don't have to read into the same BS. I didn't like how it reads on its own, especially given this thread/HaloGAF community reactions/locks/warning/dev comments history.

EDIT: Seeing your edit it just reads poorly is all.

"https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...he-elite-eight

New bulletin is up. Not much to share beyond Escalation #11 announcement, Nightfall trailer (if you didn't see it), and the tournament they are setting up for a few days before MCC launch. Can't wait to see high level H2A play again."

How you can read my post and think it spits in the face of content creators I don't know. It doesn't read any way except how you've interpreted it yourself. I'm not responsible for the past history of this thread, and everything you've stated is all on you. It's not insulting, and it doesn't read any way except that yeah, there isn't really much beyond what we already know. So take it anyway you want.

Fuchsdh

Oh fine, don't even mention MY section...

;-)

Got me more amped for Broken Circle, knowing that it gives us more details on the Great Schism.

Also, you've got a sentence fragment in there: "The aftermath of these acts being observed and noted by the ODST squad in New Mombassa in the events of Halo 3: ODST."

:)

Fracas and theOddOne are looking forward to it

so basically nobody

E7VFHJa.png

Waiting...

Madness

Were all those reactions because nobody here wants to try Sunset Overdrive?

Game looks fun as hell.

I'm thinking I'd try to sell my digital code locally. Not really dying to play it, and I know most of my time will be taken up with MCC when it launches. I'm thinking sell it now, use that money towards MCC, and then buy the inevitable GOTY version of Sunset when it comes with full dlc and stuff in a year, sort of like how Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza are getting new editions.

Top Bottom