• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

-Ryn

Banned
The MCC OT should have a list of all our tags.

Right Mix?

Right?

Remember the 360 UI from a year after release? It was pretty trash compared to what it became.
Just a matter of time. The UI devs seem to be really, really invested in creating a great experience for the One.
Weren't we supposed to PM him our tags or something?

I still remember the original 360 UI. Such organization. Much perfection.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How many of you guys and gals that digitally preordered the MCC have been able to 100% fully complete the initial download of 45.6 GB of data?

Nine days after preordering and I am still having issues with the download. I have tried all the various suggested remedies from Xbox support and elsewhere.
I had a lot of issues, but leaving my Xbox on all day did the trick.

halo-wars-oxcgn-11.jpg

I miss this game :'(

Sold my copy about a month ago.

Great game, even better when you play it along with friends and plan your attacks, something like this on next gen hardware would be great, all those extra troopers and vehicles.

Akai__

Remember the 360 UI from a year after release? It was pretty trash compared to what it became.
Just a matter of time. The UI devs seem to be really, really invested in creating a great experience for the One.

It just doesn't make sense to me. They invested so much time and effort for all those 360 dashboard betas and still gave us a complicated UI for the Xbox One. Should have just copied the last build and go with that, until they come up with a better one.

Why even make things like messages, friends list and achievements seperated apps?

It just doesn't make sense to me. They invested so much time and effort for all those 360 dashboard betas and still gave us a complicated UI for the Xbox One. Should have just copied the last build and go with that, until they come up with a better one.

Why even make things like messages, friends list and achievements seperated apps?

Because they switched to an entirely different architecture. Making the new UI was always going to be rather more involved than ctrl+c, ctrl+v. The X1's OS actually offers it a number of interesting advantages in terms of development, actually.

danwarb

It was much worse. Double tap the xbox button and push up, and there are shortcuts to all of that.

It used to take a while to get to anything without voice commands, but now snap is snappy enough.

-Ryn

Banned
Get to the first page or die tryin', you know what I'm saying?
Fo' sho mah brutha. That be some serious biz.

how white are you
According to this:

How Stereotypically White Are You?

You checked off 11 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.
Congratulations, you are NOT white! You’re the first of your friends to perfect a new dance move and never have to worry about what level of SPF you should use. Heck, you might not even know what SPF stands for and that’s OK because the sun is your friend and that’s cool as shit.

I could probably blind people if put in direct sunlight however.

MORTALIS

I just realized there's probably not going to be cardboard Jason Jones in the Blur cinematic.

It's the one piece of the IP Bungie lawyers negotiated for. It was in the loot cave pre-nerf and only visible at level 20 and above, you know, when the real game starts.

Mix

OT is completely done, independent of Gamertags. Please PM them to me if you want them in. Really excited about everyone seeing it soon!

Also, here's the list of tags and GAF usernames I have. Please if you see your name on here PM me your region as well!

GAMERTAGS:
MIXMASTERCHlEF (Mix)
BigSolar (Antigoon)
Welfare Queen I (Welfare)
Ninjarage93 (Ryn)
Vin FTW (VinFTW)
Ragnarok Flames (Ragnarok Flames)
xGranadier (Granadier)
Poodlestrike (Poodlestrike)
wwm0nkey (wwm0nkey)
ArchedThunder (ArchedThunder)
BlueNinja BE (Blue Ninja)
Deer Man 420 (MasterChef420)
IHaveAnIce (IHaveIce)
a zoojoo (aHebrewMenagerie

The Flash

Banned
OT is completely done, independent of Gamertags. Please PM them to me if you want them in. Really excited about everyone seeing it soon!

Also, here's the list of tags and GAF usernames I have. Please if you see your name on here PM me your region as well!

yiHucTk.gif

-Ryn

Banned

Looking forward to it dude. Nice job on the list.

#nofunallowed

if you use hashtags on Gaf, you're 100% white
#butts

TCKaos

Still just TCKaos. Put me in there, bro. North America/The Boonies.

In other news, Fyrewulff just ran some numbers and came to the conclusion that Reach has triple 4's playerbase at the moment.

Link
Just remembered to actually note down the numbers again. Reach is sitting at 32,000 players on a Sunday, which is much higher than what it's population was staying around before GwG.
This is fairly good retention almost a month and a half after the day it went free, considering two free games have now come out since then, one of them being multiplayer.

Most population is still in Vanilla, same as before. Grifball's population is still high, MLG's is still the same, showing that continued DLC requirements hamstrung Anniversary and MLG from gaining any bumps from the free release. The highest population TU playlist by a country mile is Big Team Battle.

For comparison, Halo 4 is sitting at 9,500 players or so. It's hovered around that, so it seems the people playing Halo 4 right now are dedicated to Halo 4, even with Reach going free and Destiny releasing.

Top Bottom