• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TheOddOne

You know on the subject of Halo. I say let 343 do whatever they want. I finally have what I want. I can play OG Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3 online on the xbone. Now as far as I'm concerned 343 could turn Halo multiplayer into a carbon copy of COD and I wouldn't care cause I'll be playing Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3 muahahahahahahaha.
iYqu7I5IKnGvu.png

IHaveIce

Banned
You know on the subject of Halo. I say let 343 do whatever they want. I finally have what I want. I can play OG Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3 online on the xbone. Now as far as I'm concerned 343 could turn Halo multiplayer into a carbon copy of COD and I wouldn't care cause I'll be playing Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3 muahahahahahahaha.

Same thoughts by me, though I would love to see a custom game browser, because playlist settings will probably be ass.

dwells

Just pulled the trigger and picked up a Sunset Overdrive bundle so I'll be ready for Master Chief Collection. Best Buy still had it priced at $399, but the sales guy was super helpful and talked to the manager - if I bring it in Sunday they'll do the price match to bring it down to $349, and they'll manually reapply my 10% off coupon, bringing it to $315. Good stuff.

Oh, and I had $120 in gift cards leftover from when they had that Xbox 360 trade in promo and I got rid of the spare repaired 360s I had. Sunset Overdrive download code is going for $50 right now. So $145 + tax in total for a white Xbone with a game.

Score.

Vico

Just preordered the Sunset Bundle too.
Will try to pick it up at its release on friday, otherwise I'll have to wait one week.

Will be ready for the MCC though.

Spades

Embargo for live-streaming is up tomorrow (although limited to the first mission of each campaign), so I'll be on Twitch from around 5pm GMT.

NOKYARD

Will try to pick it up at its release on friday, otherwise I'll have to wait one week.

I just returned from picking up my Sunset Bundle at EBGames Canada. Not going to crack the seal until i see if the Nov 2nd $349 deal applies to Canadian orders.

Impala26

See, with the coming $50 price drop, the one bundle that's pulling me the most is the Sunset Overdrive one. However (and I'm probably a weird one here) I actually would prefer the standard black XB1. It was the same reason I was excited when the X360 slims were coming out in black I was PUMPED. I guess I just prefer my consoles in darker colors...

That said, was it revealed with the price drop if any/all retailers would be offering other free games (your choice or retailer's choice) besides just the bundles we've seen to date much like the "free game of your choice" thing in September?

Madness

I just returned from picking up my Sunset Bundle at EBGames Canada. Not going to crack the seal until i see if the Nov 2nd $349 deal applies to Canadian orders.

Do you think they will? I mean the dollar is dropping still. Already we were technically the cheapest market in the world for an Xbox One, because $399 CAD was only like $352+ USD.

That being said, because the $100 off old hardware ends at the Microsoft store on Nov 2nd as well, I'm assuming they might do a price drop here as well. I'm going to ask the manager at the Microsoft Store when I pick mine up in about an hour and half, if he has any idea of any future promotions.

pacman85

Just pulled the trigger and picked up a Sunset Overdrive bundle so I'll be ready for Master Chief Collection. Best Buy still had it priced at $399, but the sales guy was super helpful and talked to the manager - if I bring it in Sunday they'll do the price match to bring it down to $349, and they'll manually reapply my 10% off coupon, bringing it to $315. Good stuff.

Oh, and I had $120 in gift cards leftover from when they had that Xbox 360 trade in promo and I got rid of the spare repaired 360s I had. Sunset Overdrive download code is going for $50 right now. So $145 + tax in total for a white Xbone with a game.

Score.
What is that 10% off coupon and is it something anyone can get? I'm trying to find the best deal on an XBox One for my buddy who wants one and is getting Halo MCC. He has an XBox 360 120GB Elite system he is looking to trade in as well. Do any of these trade-in promotions also accept XBox 360 games that you can trade in towards an XBox One?

Impala26

Radar is detrimental to a "lone wolf" player. Radar allows enemies to see you coming, rendering a solo player completely useless.

Actually this. No motion tracker allows lone wolf players to better effectively flank and surprise enemy positions.

It's because of motion tracker that I've become a crouch walking master because I still like to flank and surprise enemies often by lonesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Forge looks fanfrickintastic.

I could honestly see H2A becoming my favorite ever Halo multiplayer if 343 does a good job of adding good Forge maps to matchmaking.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also worth noting: the ocean you see there is only a foot deep. You can forge around it to make rivers, lakes, etc.

Forge looks awesome.

Still can't say this package is a great value for $60. Needs more stuff I can't get using PC mods, a few bucks for bargain bins, some scotch tape, glue, rubber bands and pocket lint tho.

Mix

Someone should make a ghost town BTB map for infection or something where it's a bunch of classic small Halo maps that are all connected. 16 players, it could be fun.

Top Bottom