• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Homeboyd

Oh sik has the game I see. Welp, time to put this fool on ignore.

Bastard.

congrats... waiting on mine ANY second now...

I'm not 100% sure yet - I'm leaving London at 1730 GMT, gotta put my son to bed, and then read through what I'm allowed to stream and what I'm not allowed to stream.

I will aim to have a stream up around 2030/2100 GMT.

I've had the strangest boner for the last few hours at work.

Scratch all this - not allowed to stream until tomorrow from 1600 GMT.

So bookmark it for tomorrow at the same times. :)

tumblr_mg23au1aN31s1mkedo1_500.gif

Every forge map for the first month.

I hope 343 puts the inevitable perfect forge remakes of all the Halo 2 maps that weren't remade by CA in matchmaking, that will increase H2A's life by a large amount. Hell, throw some 1 and 3 maps in there.

I wonder what the remaining 2 canvas maps are....
One of them is the Zenith skybox, that was actually the first one they revealed back at RTX.

Man, I would love to get an early code or to have my preorder unlocked lol. I'd probably make some analysis vids comparing each game for once it launches.
RAT RACE. List over.
Rat Race is seriously so good. SO good! Can't wait to play it again.
from gamingside
9PfH2hJ.gif
Incredible.
Well I just got some amazing news...would suggest people keep an eye on my Twitch tonight... :)

http://www.twitch.tv/sikamikanic0

PUMPED!!!!!!!
Nice! It's like HaloGAF has been witness to your Halo endeavors as of late! Glad to see the Halo fanbase so damn upbeat for once!

I added you on XBL so we can poop on some Grunts, kids, etc. ;] -- Anyone who wants to add me, feel free: FUNKNOWN iXi

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope 343 puts the inevitable perfect forge remakes of all the Halo 2 maps that weren't remade by CA in matchmaking, that will increase H2A's life by a large amount. Hell, throw some 1 and 3 maps in there.
Seriously. Forge maps aren't ideal, but it's better than having a dearth of maps. H2A looks great, and I'd love to see it have long legs.

Seriously. Forge maps aren't ideal, but it's better than having a dearth of maps. H2A looks great, and I'd love to see it have long legs.

H2A's Forge seems to fix most of the problems I've had with Forge maps. Forgers will be able to pretty much remake any Halo 2 map now and that would be an amazing way to give the game legs.

City and Covie.

A man can dream ;_;

You might get one, but you won't get both. One of the maps is Zenith's skybox with a Forerunner pallet.

Impala26

H2A's Forge seems to fix most of the problems I've had with Forge maps. Forgers will be able to pretty much remake any Halo 2 map now and that would be an amazing way to give the game legs.

If people can pull off a decent looking and functional remake of Relic...
I can die a happy man.

antigoon

Tried to add you funknown but I forgot I already did. lol.

Forge looks so cool and it's gonna be awesome having some visual variety this time around! I'd kinda be interested to see someone try to remake Guardian for H2A.

Onikaan

I'm not 100% sure yet - I'm leaving London at 1730 GMT, gotta put my son to bed, and then read through what I'm allowed to stream and what I'm not allowed to stream.

I will aim to have a stream up around 2030/2100 GMT.

I've had the strangest boner for the last few hours at work.

Do you save your streams on Twitch my friend? I'm going to miss it but I'd love to see it.

Please turn on stream saving for a Halo brother.

I just watched the Halo Forge IGN Stream on the train (predownloaded for minimum buffering and maximum resolution) and I'm just blown away.

I forged A LOT from Halo 3 onwards, and have had several of my maps in matchmaking (if you ever played Tartarus, Infected Manor or Kingdom, I'm sorry) and the stuff they've put together for this is just fantastic.

I can't wait to get making maps again.

Makes me even more excited for what Halo 5 could have up it's sleeve!

What an amazing time to be a Halo fan.

A.I. Scripting in the next version of Forge would have me beside myself. This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Since, from what I understand, teaching the AI how to walk around the map is the hardest part, I suggested to someone a while back that there be platforms or small bases that can be placed, that AI inhabit but cannot leave.

I just watched the Halo Forge IGN Stream on the train (predownloaded for minimum buffering and maximum resolution) and I'm just blown away.

I forged A LOT from Halo 3 onwards, and have had several of my maps in matchmaking (if you ever played Tartarus, Infected Manor or Kingdom, I'm sorry) and the stuff they've put together for this is just fantastic.

I can't wait to get making maps again.

Makes me even more excited for what Halo 5 could have up it's sleeve!

What an amazing time to be a Halo fan.

Oh hey! I loved Infected Manor!

RowdyReverb

Forge will be nuts in H2A. Don't forget they were able to make special rules for things like Gungoose CTF. I wonder if that kind of thing will be user-customizable as well. I look forward to seeing what brilliant forgers can do with the toolset.

If anyone was concerned about there only being 6 H2A maps, I think that worry can be put to rest. There's going to be some great forge maps and I fully expect to see a lot of them in matchmaking eventually! Beaver Creek is my favorite Halo map, and seeing it remade with forge in that IGN First video made me so happy!

nillapuddin

God damnit, my ears are burning.

I know there is forge stuff to look at, but I can't, this tile wont tear itself out.

I have workers with me so I can't take a Halo break.

...Send my workers home early so I can shamelessly watch/discuss Forge?

RoKKeR

Jesus fuck Forge looks unreal. First to remake Wake Island gets serious props.

The remakes, the race tracks, the infection maps.... I can't even!

Since, from what I understand, teaching the AI how to walk around the map is the hardest part, I suggested to someone a while back that there be platforms or small bases that can be placed, that AI inhabit but cannot leave.

or even adding some basic form of AI pathing would be interesting, but I'm not a game designer, and I have no idea how difficult that would be to integrate

HERETIC BANSHEE IS IN FORGE HOLY BABY JESUS THIS IS COOL
Dude you need to relax a little.

Forge looks cool, cant wait to see what all the talented map makers can whip up with this

I'm expecting all maps to eventually be remade in forge H2A.

Gotta love the Halo community.

343 really has gone all out for this remastered shit god damn

RowdyReverb

More option for forge walls and other items (wall texture and colors) and buttons for doors to open and close (bridges too). Explosion for traps or to set up auto gun turrets that you can set off. More nature items, such as grass (5x5 or other sizes), bushes and shrubs, and more trees and rocks!

My list can go on and on but that's the basic for me. It's to early for me to think and type.

Almost all those boxes got checked!

Top Bottom