• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
You can script the panels to spawn geometry?

#dead.

BUUUUT wait, I don't want to sound like the pessimist, but wasn't it said there would be 3 Forge Canvas' ?

Or do I misremember that and mixed it up with Halo 4?

Fantastic job 343

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That is amazing. Custom games will live on again!

...A custom server browser would have me playing this game forever, 343 pls!
If there isn't a custom games browser in MCC (which there probably won't be) I'm gonna whine about it all year. It's so overdue. It should be the top feedback priority of every Halo fan, in my opinion. I'm going to start going to every convention 343 has a panel at just so I can ask about it, lol.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No review code love for COIN-OP.TV it seems, MS is iffy on sending stuff. I'll try to get a review out soon after the game goes live. Or maybe I'll just play countless hours and throw some video up on the channel. :)

Looking forward to seeing what other reviewers think!

Welfare

Stuff like this still irritates me.

10389653_886600168018479_2791155465123054870_n.jpg

Please, I just want the excess cut off.

pacman85

You can script the panels to spawn geometry?

#dead.

BUUUUT wait, I don't want to sound like the pessimist, but wasn't it said there would be 3 Forge Canvas' ?

Or do I misremember that and mixed it up with Halo 4?

Fantastic job 343
No you are not misremembering. They said there would be 3 when they talked about Forge for a bit during one of the conventions. I hope they will still have the other 2 in the final version and they just didn't have them on that build of the game.

If there isn't a custom games browser in MCC (which there probably won't be) I'm gonna whine about it all year. It's so overdue. It should be the top feedback priority of every Halo fan, in my opinion. I'm going to start going to every convention 343 has a panel at just so I can ask about it, lol.

that and being able to spawn in simple enemy and ally ai to mess around with are my two greatest wishes for customs/forge

Welfare

No you are not misremembering. They said there would be 3 when they talked about Forge for a bit during one of the conventions. I hope they will still have the other 2 in the final version and they just didn't have them on that build of the game.

They still have 2 more to show off.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
<guys imagine Invasion with these scripting possibilities, someone page Gabotron
I never liked Invasion, but that was largely because the BTB sandbox in Reach was terrible. I'm so excited to see what fans do with this new stuff.

IHaveIce

Banned

Ok, Hopefully one is in a Urban themed area, to remake Turf

Forge improvements look really good. I hope there is an abundance of grassy terrain pieces so everything isn't brown, but overall it looks like a huge improvement.

Mix

I never liked Invasion, but that was largely because the BTB sandbox in Reach was terrible. I'm so excited to see what fans do with this new stuff.

Same. I used to play with a couple of GAFers who friggin loved it and wanted to play only that all the time, I just didn't like the sandbox I suppose

That is amazing. Custom games will live on again!

...A custom server browser would have me playing this game forever, 343 pls!
'Tis a shame. We have to rely too much on 343's playlist management, especially down the line.

Forge looks amazing. I've been wanting land pieces for quite a while, and it looks like we're allowed a lot more pieces.

Agreed. Custom games will really come to life the moment they include a browser. I've been whining about it since Halo 2 came out. Spoiled by Halo 1 PC I guess.

Spades

If anyone else got review code today, let me know. I don't think MP matchmaking is available but private games should work if people want to get a room going on later today. Perhaps Frankie can join us, too?!

The water looks kinda off, don't know why.

Also, please let there be a lightbridge, which fades on and off.

I thought about the lightbridge as well, would be awesome, hell that should have been a thing on a real Halo map. When Orbital was called moon base alpha, for whatever reason I pictured a map kind of like Standoff, but on a moon with a chasm and a controllable a light bridge in the middle. It sounded so cool in my head.

Onikaan

So have they added any crazy features?

All I got from those pictures is that it's gorgeous and huge.

Some pretty cool stuff. He used the gate from Zanzibar, twice! Once as a standard drawbridge like defence and again as a kind of deployment hatch for the Hornet (with a switch on the wall he had to shoot to open!) The EMP structure from Bloodline are usable, and another terminal was rigged to the fusion coils? I think. Basically it blew the entire front of the base up, taking out every parked up vehicle.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
'Tis a shame. We have to rely too much on 343's playlist management, especially down the line.
Between the sheer amount of content in MCC and the ever fracturing niche preferences of the Halo fanbase, it makes SO MUCH SENSE to have a custom games browser in this package. We all saw what Forge did for the customs and mini-games scenes in Halo 3 and Reach -- imagine how much further that decentralized creativity could go if people had an easier way to find and play it.

Welfare

Some pretty cool stuff. He used the gate from Zanzibar, twice! Once as a standard drawbridge like defence and again as a kind of deployment hatch for the Hornet (with a switch on the wall he had to shoot to open!) The EMP structure from Bloodline are usable, and another terminal was rigged to the fusion coils? I think. Basically it blew the entire front of the base up, taking out every parked up vehicle.

I think so yeah. Would be cool if you can rig vehicles to explode.

Onikaan

Between the sheer amount of content in MCC and the ever fracturing niche preferences of the Halo fanbase, it makes SO MUCH SENSE to have a custom games browser in this package. We all saw what Forge did for the customs and mini-games scenes in Halo 3 and Reach -- imagine how much further that decentralized creativity could go if people had an easier way to find and play it.

At the very least the Community file share must work from the get go, not 3 months down the line.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i am going to make halo even more COD crazy

put tons of fusion coils supported by a piece of terrain... use a terminal to call an air strike

RIP

Sikkk, we can't watch all night... TELL US NOW

PLEASE stream the first cutscene of Halo 2A if you can, I need it.

Tell us what time.

I'm not 100% sure yet - I'm leaving London at 1730 GMT, gotta put my son to bed, and then read through what I'm allowed to stream and what I'm not allowed to stream.

I will aim to have a stream up around 2030/2100 GMT.

I've had the strangest boner for the last few hours at work.

Top Bottom