• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Deception

Do you mean submerged rooms/buildings a la Bioshock or simply Spartans "walking" underwater?

I feel like the latter would have physics/gunplay issues, lol. Harpoon guns?

BioShock style maps with windows to see the water outside. Imagine ivory tower set under water.

wwm0nkey

Can I just get a code to activate my Digital copy? I gave gave a lot of you super early Reach beta codes that one time, someone owes me!

BigShow36

Can I just get a code to activate my Digital copy? I gave gave a lot of you super early Reach beta codes that one time, someone owes me!

Are there really just codes out there that unlock the game? My understanding would be there are one-time-use codes to download a separate review copy.

Impala26

BioShock style maps with windows to see the water outside. Imagine ivory tower set under water.

There is that bit of the Halo 2 campaign on Delta Halo that's set at the bottom of that big lake... would love to see a map done like that with muted blue lighting with that warbled "light scattered through water" look coming through the windows and walls.

I'm excited to see that part of the campaign remastered now...

dwells

What is that 10% off coupon and is it something anyone can get? I'm trying to find the best deal on an XBox One for my buddy who wants one and is getting Halo MCC. He has an XBox 360 120GB Elite system he is looking to trade in as well. Do any of these trade-in promotions also accept XBox 360 games that you can trade in towards an XBox One?

The ten percent coupon is part of the "mover's packet"/change of address form available at the post office that you can request. There's also a Lowe's coupon, some moving truck coupons, etc.

As for the console trade ins, the one I did was a while ago, so unfortunately I'm not sure what the current offers are. I'd imagine you may have better luck on Craigslist.

Impala26

That forge stuff is quite amazing. I can see a huge variety of minigames coming soon. Just two more weeks!

For all those people that say they prefer CoD to Halo, all you have to do is point to Customs and Forge to explain why Halo offers more diversity and longevity and fun. There is literally a custom/forge game/gametype out there for EVERYONE.

You don't even need to go into the finer aspects of gameplay this alone wins the argument as to why Halo > CoD

Welfare

If you think the 360 couldn't handle that kind of Forge (object quantity and density aside) you must be kidding yourself. The additions to Forge in H2A weren't made possible because of the Xbox One. It's because 343/CA actually gave the feature a halfway decent amount of attention.

My mistake, I was mainly referring to the amount of objects on screen without a dip in performance.

dwells

I'm a professional reviewer for Not a Real Publication magazine, so if I could get a review copy code, that'd be great, mmmkay?

Madness

Just sold my Sunset code, now to download all that Spartan Assault stuff and play Killer Instinct till November 11th I guess.

It seems my copy of MCC will probably have the useless French bilingual stuff ruining the cover. I saw the Sunset Overdrive copy today, and it had it, as did pretty much every other game.

White console and controller look so good though!

After watching a little bit of the footage, I'm disappointed with the way they've handled buttons again. Used to be that things just happened when you pressed X or whatever prompt and you still had full control of your character. Now, and in H4, the game puts your weapon down and locks you into an animation that feels really jarring and uncomfortable. This was a recurring annoyance in H4, too. It should just be that the progress bar fills up as you hold X standing near the terminal...
I love how in some games you can press a button to activate something, but you're still able to move around and shoot, as long as you keep your finger on the button to activate. It's unfortunate, but not too much of a big deal.
First thing for MCC now: remake Facing Worlds for Halo.

Holy shit Forge looks good.
Man.. That map <3
Added, lets play some Halo 1 after MCC drops.

GT: uwdanman
Sounds good, added.

Just sold my Sunset code, now to download all that Spartan Assault stuff and play Killer Instinct till November 11th I guess.

It seems my copy of MCC will probably have the useless French bilingual stuff ruining the cover. I saw the Sunset Overdrive copy today, and it had it, as did pretty much every other game.

i'm jelly with my black controller with d a y o n e 2 0 1 3 scarred in the middle under the home button... which I bought back in February lol

GreyWind

Are you from Canada?

Omni

Do we know when the 20GB patch is going live?

I may have to call up my ISP and hope they reset my monthly allowance. Because of bugs it used over 100GB downloading the base game >_<

The flexibility, scale and quality of this Forge mode only pours salt on the wound of the decision to remake Coagulation. Why on earth would they waste one of the six golden tickets to next gen reincarnation on a map that a person semi-literate in forging could muster in about an hour? There're many great new features in this forge set but a speeding bullet train isn't one of them; a Terminal remake would truly have been more useful.

Hoping 60 FPS holds up on these forge maps, within reason.

matthieuC

The flexibility, scale and quality of this Forge mode only pours salt on the wound of the decision to remake Coagulation. Why on earth would they waste one of the six golden tickets to next gen reincarnation on a map that a person semi-literate in forging could muster in about an hour? There're many great new features in this forge set but a speeding bullet train isn't one of them; a Terminal remake would truly have been more useful.

Warlock too!

Vico

E483Hqz.jpg
I finished second to last. :(
Who put the bumper jumper button layout? That's just a wrong way to play Halo.

Japarican

Banned

That's what I said, Terminal should've been the first map and a no-brainer. I don't want to see a lego block speeding by. When warlord was announced as the last map I was so mad, I don't even understand how that map gets the remake, out of all the maps that was the worst choice. I thought Terminal would get the remake too, guess they thought it was too much work. The train, main platform, each base, parking lot, parking lot booth, vent shortcut

Akai__

I may have to call up my ISP and hope they reset my monthly allowance. Because of bugs it used over 100GB downloading the base game >_<

Microsoft really needs to fix this. I've seen some people on GAF complaining about this. They can't expect people with internet limits to download it 2 or 3 times...

Easily the best layout, eventhough the Bumpers on the Xbox One controller are weird. Being able to play all Halo games with Bumper Jumper is pretty cool.

You should also put that picture in quotes. :p

Ramirez

The remake choices as a whole were truly baffling, but whatever, I doubt any of us stick to H2A for long, if at all.

I really think the Forge mode looks amazing. I hope the other maps have some unique and interesting pallets. Gimme a nighttime/snow hybrid!

E483Hqz.jpg

I finished second to last. :(

That map art looks amazing.

No limit here and thank goodness of that considering I have a Bandwidth Usage of 350 GB for the month of October trying to complete the MCC download while I only used 38.27 GB total in September on Xbox One. Best part? My current MCC download sits at 5% completed. If launch wasn't still two weeks out I would have given up and went retail long ago although my frustrations with it are starting to get to me...

I think the remade maps for H2A were chosen based on ease of remaking them and for keeping others as potential Halo 5 remakes.

Would you really want Terminal in H2A or potentially for Halo 5? Same goes for Headlong or any other map that we've been dying to play on. Best thing about this collection is that we can relive those memories, but still have hope that in another year when Halo 5 comes out, they'll have announced some remakes that would really make fans shit their pants.

Just saying, Forge City + Halo 5 would blow minds, whereas a Headlong remake in H2A would probably go unplayed because we're all excited about everything else in this package.

Top Bottom