• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Fuchsdh

Glad they've removed the intense blur on the loading screen and making sure the gametype objective text stays up longer as well. Makes custom minigames much better when you can read longer than a handful of words.

Halo 4's water in general was awful. I'm was referring to Halo Reach!

And I wasn't talking so much about choppiness and waves and stuff. I mean I wasn't expecting huge waves given the supposed depth. But even the shaders look off in this forge build

Oh, ok, well thats fair.

I'm not judging the visuals of this engine too harshly as it's clearly built from Halo 4. I just hope they go all out with Halo 5, although Halo 4 was damn amazing looking, it had some weird steps backward with certain things like water.

downtown city canvas please

halo_odst_screenshot_00.jpg

major reason for why I love ODST.

Yes please. It'll never happening, but imagine a nighttime ODST style canvas map.

Madness

Oh, ok, well thats fair.

I'm not judging the visuals of this engine too harshly as it's clearly built from Halo 4. I just hope they go all out with Halo 5, although Halo 4 was damn amazing looking, it had some weird steps backward with certain things like water.

Yes please. It'll never happening, but imagine a nighttime ODST style canvas map.

Frank said before going in one of the threads that H2A was a modified Halo 4 engine while Halo 5 will be all new next gen. Of course "engines" don't really change but I'm going to assume that Halo 5 seems it'll really be impressive.

Spades

Just had a few H1 and H2 Customs with orichalcos and a friend of mine - such good times! Anyone else with an early copy want to get in on a few games?

Fotos

Just had a few H1 and H2 Customs with orichalcos and a friend of mine - such good times! Anyone else with an early copy want to get in on a few games?

I hate you guys lol. But if anyone wants to give me a code that would be cool I guess.

Please I need it

Madness

How the heck did all of you get early copies? Here's hoping you all share detailed experiences and post pics here once NDA lifts.

Spades

How the heck did all of you get early copies? Here's hoping you all share detailed experiences and post pics here once NDA lifts.

Can't speak for the others, but mine is a review copy. I'll be streaming tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to join - we're only allowed to stream the first mission from each campaign but I'll be playing them through a few times!

Fotos

Do you guys just write for a website or company? Or do you just have your own website that you review games on? I've never really understood how so many people get review copies.

Frank said before going in one of the threads that H2A was a modified Halo 4 engine while Halo 5 will be all new next gen. Of course "engines" don't really change but I'm going to assume that Halo 5 seems it'll really be impressive.

Yup.

Halo 2A really looks a lot like Halo 4, where the glimpse of Midship from Halo 5 has a different feel. However, that other map had a Halo 4 look to it, though it may have been the UNSC art direction which I don't really care for.

Madness

Can't speak for the others, but mine is a review copy. I'll be streaming tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to join - we're only allowed to stream the first mission from each campaign but I'll be playing them through a few times!

Post up your twitch so we can tune in to see.

Madness

Sure, it's: http://www.twitch.tv/bloma - I'll post when I'm live, but the embargo is up at 4PM GMT tomorrow.

That's your Greenwich time right? So that's like what, 9 am Pacific here and 12 noon eastern tomorrow morning. Alright, thanks, will tune it, but also maybe post here once you're going live. Would love to see how it looks and plays.

On an unrelated note, it's better to have a wired connection right? Finally setting up my Xbox One, thinking of removing the Xbox 360 from my wired ethernet, making it WiFi, and keeping Xbox One wired. Don't want to lag during MCC.

People who use radar are scrubs.
People who use ammo counters are scrubs.
People who use health indicators are scrubs.
People who use reticles are scrubs.
People who use wireless are scrubs.

Etc.
Hardcore Ranger mode in Metro redux. yo.

On the topic of motion sensor... either they adopt a COD type radar or just get rid of it altogether.
well they've adopted cod elements before...
Hey guys!

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I'm an engineer (working now on new stadiums for 2018 FIFA World Cup).
Favorite games (except Halo of course): Freelancer, Mass Effect, Gears 2, Too Human, all Remedy games, Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Fable 2, and many others.
My favorite Halo Campaigns : Halo Reach and Halo 2

And I have a question for you guys. How to not suck at Halo Multiplayer? (I only played Halo 4 Multiplayer and it feels little bit random at times)
You. I like you. and you can play halo 2/3 to get better. Halo 4 is pretty hand holdy
Thanks for response. Now I need to find resource where I can find information about maps. There is so many of them in MCC
Maps
It looks like with H2A they are at least starting to add interactive elements to Forge. For example, the button for the base doors on Stonetown is forge-able apparently. Maybe a good sign
LEVOLUTION!!!
Jesus fuck Forge looks unreal. First to remake Wake Island gets serious props.

The remakes, the race tracks, the infection maps.... I can't even!
i wanna see Makin or some levels from Zombie mode in Treyarch's CoD.

Just sold my Sunset code, now to download all that Spartan Assault stuff and play Killer Instinct till November 11th I guess.

It seems my copy of MCC will probably have the useless French bilingual stuff ruining the cover. I saw the Sunset Overdrive copy today, and it had it, as did pretty much every other game.

White console and controller look so good though!
can co-op be private in SA? and if you want some games of KI then im in.
and obvs french canada is best canada. /s

Although fairly Polygon starved, I loved the look of Halo 3 beta armor. The texture detail and shaders were still my favorite in the series, and I was super bummed when they made it more matte and flat in the final build.

zLIz836.jpg

Also, best snow in the series.

Ragnarok was a good map

It's just needed richer, more contrasting colors.

cartesian

Have we seen any footage of the Suppressed SMG in Halo 2 Anniversary yet? ODST's SMG was possibly my favourite gun of the series, so I'm really curious to see what they've done with it in H2A.

Although fairly Polygon starved, I loved the look of Halo 3 beta armor. The texture detail and shaders were still my favorite in the series, and I was super bummed when they made it more matte and flat in the final build.

zLIz836.jpg
I completely agree with you, and I still can't believe that they changed it - the visual style we ended up with actually stripped away most of the intricacy and detail, and lost the 'ooh, next-gen Halo' wow factor. Even today I still feel that Halo 3's armour is some of the worst of the series - it looks glossy and toyish, like a plastic action figure.

CliQ

Do we have news if there is going to be a custom game browser?

If not I was thinking of making a web page like destinylfg.net. It's a great tool for looking for groups. A little tweaking and it could be a great tool for finding/hosting custom game/lobbies.

Thoughts?

Fuchsdh

I think the performance meter is going to make optimizing maps much easier. While the feed was 30 I didn't notice any stuttering, and that was with a lot of objects on screen and most of the budget depleted. If explosions get heavy it's likelier to be a problem, as well as more phased geometry.

It's also possible from a practical standpoint you could use triggers to spawn/despawn areas of the map, which for more complex scenarios could yield better performance (that's a big "if", depending on the method of how those scripts work.)

Madness

So do we think Forge was a the surprise thing Ryan teased last weekend?

Possibly, since it wasn't what he had mentioned. But why not save it for Friday or last day for surprise? End the month/first with a bang? So that's why I think a teaser look at Halo 5 beta stuff might be the final Friday stuff.

RoKKeR

Possibly, since it wasn't what he had mentioned. But why not save it for Friday or last day for surprise? End the month/first with a bang? So that's why I think a teaser look at Halo 5 beta stuff might be the final Friday stuff.

Yeah this makes sense to me. I could see IGN getting a little bit of Halo 5 teasing content and slap a big "Make sure ya watch HaloFest for more!" or whatever on the end.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just realized I still haven't preordered MCC yet. If I want a physical copy, are there any stores doing pre-order bonuses that matter?

Most of them.

Microsoft Store gives $15 in credit if you are a rewards member.
Best Buy is giving an art book.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Curios about this too. Anyone know?

It's pretty random overall. We didn't get a copy, but I assume MS gets a TON of review copy requests. Same thing with us and Naughty Dog. You can be a decent sized outlet and not get one, or a small outlet and get one, it all depends on MS and how many they have (and for digital how many they feel they need to give out).

We're (coin-op.tv) mid to small sized (just hit 70,000 subs on YT and about 71 million views - youtube.com/coinoptv) for reference.

I just can't wait to give the game a shot, and see how other reviewers rate it. :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It's pretty random overall. We didn't get a copy, but I assume MS gets a TON of review copy requests. Same thing with us and Naughty Dog. You can be a decent sized outlet and not get one, or a small outlet and get one, it all depends on MS and how many they have (and for digital how many they feel they need to give out).

We're (coin-op.tv) mid to small sized (just hit 70,000 subs on YT and about 71 million views - youtube.com/coinoptv) for reference.

I just can't wait to give the game a shot, and see how other reviewers rate it. :)

If you are on Metacritic and your review is used, I'm pretty sure that would work very well in your favour too.

Top Bottom