• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Would be nice to have, if only to share with old halo fans who are fairly clueless about MCC and why they should buy and play the old games again.

Yup. It really could use a strong last minute advertising campaign that showcases all it's content. Show bits of all the games, advertise the 1080p/60fps, show the remaster, the cutscenes, forge and some Halo 5.

For people who don't want to load twitter

XgqrUtd.png
I wonder if it couldn't be another preview of Nightfall,or maybe a clip or two

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just listened to the podcast interview of Phil Spencer. Really pleased that he is heading up the Xbox team now.

The recognition of Halo and the reassurance of the dedication they have for Halo was nice to hear. He also mentioned that the MCC started as just H2A and the team kicked ass to produce everything else around it. Really impressive in my book.

So excite!
yEh1hDU.gif

dwells

The recognition of Halo and the reassurance of the dedication they have for Halo was nice to hear. He also mentioned that the MCC started as just H2A and the team kicked ass to produce everything else around it. Really impressive in my book.

To be completely honest, I'm a little disappointed that's the case. I honestly would've preferred a Halo 2 only remake complete with fully remastered graphics for all of MP, but on the original engine. Ever since Halo Anniversary I've been hoping for that, and unfortunately that's the one thing not in the bundle. Plus, I would've loved to see all the original Halo 2 matchmaking playlists back and a player population dedicated to H2 instead of fragmented over four games.

Yes, I'm actually complaining that we're getting too much. Not to say that it's a jack of all trades, master of none or anything like that. It's just that Halo 2 is the game I'm most passionate about in this series and I would've loved to see full dedication to it and its original multiplayer.

On a side note, I purchased my Xbox One at 10AM this morning and am yet to plug it in. Just got home a little while ago and discovered I don't have a place to put it since apparently you can't stand it vertically. So I've been reorganizing and rewiring my entire media cabinet.

I think I have a problem, guys.

Guys, less than two weeks! Fuck man can't wait. So jealous of all those people out there that got early copies for review purposes. Really wish I could get a reviewer gig on some site so that I could play stuff early.

I actually went and bought a $HKD card off play-asia so that I could download the Hong Kong digital version of Halo:MCC just so I can play it ~12 hours early.

Wish I knew a store that would break street dates though.

Granadier

To be completely honest, I'm a little disappointed that's the case. I honestly would've preferred a Halo 2 only remake complete with fully remastered graphics for all of MP, but on the original engine. Ever since Halo Anniversary I've been hoping for that, and unfortunately that's the one thing not in the bundle. Plus, I would've loved to see all the original Halo 2 matchmaking playlists back and a player population dedicated to H2 instead of fragmented over four games.

Yes, I'm actually complaining that we're getting too much. Not to say that it's a jack of all trades, master of none or anything like that. It's just that Halo 2 is the game I'm most passionate about in this series and I would've loved to see full dedication to it and its original multiplayer.

On a side note, I purchased my Xbox One at 10AM this morning and am yet to plug it in. Just got home a little while ago and discovered I don't have a place to put it since apparently you can't stand it vertically. So I've been reorganizing and rewiring my entire media cabinet.

DEfnmbE.gif

That's fair enough man. Die-hard Halo 2 fans are of course going to lament that they couldn't have the full treatment to ALL the Halo 2 content (rest of the MP maps mainly) and that the playerbase might be fragmented.

But I think you'll see solid player counts in the Halo 2 playlists, and that's what matters.

I think this collection including all 4 games' multiplayer is intentional. It may not have started out that way, but with the precipitous decline of H4's player count, they probably are of a mind that they can use the MCC as a sort of litmus test to see which game's player counts stay the highest, and maybe use that info to tweak how H5 plays in order to retain the most playerbase they can. At least that's what I hope they do. I'd love to see H5 multiplayer tailored around the people that actually stick around for a long time after launch rather than those
filthy casuals
of which I am regrettably one these days. I'm hoping to change that with MCC though.

Btw just kidding about the
filthy casuals
thing. I don't think there's really such a thing anymore. There's people that make money playing games, and then there's everyone else.

belushy

Banned
So did we see the only forge map, or are there others yet to be shown?

There are two more, and we saw a small glimpse of one of the other ones when they revealed the forge features at a conference a few months ago. It looked like the Ascension skybox.

Granadier

So many people are bitching about H2A not including all of the original maps as remasters.

What's stopping 343 from continuing work after release and just adding in more remastered levels?

So did we see the only forge map, or are there others yet to be shown?

There are three total, and we've only seen one.

Madness

So many people are bitching about H2A not including all of the original maps as remasters.

What's stopping 343 from continuing work after release and just adding in more remastered levels?

There are three total, and we've only seen one.

bASdlSm.jpg

You have to remember, there is a new Halo coming out in exactly 12ish months. It will naturally steal away a lot of the playerbase for H2A. Halo 5 beta will take us into January, and then it's basically just 11 months till H5 launch. They're going to be focusing on H5 going forward, they've added enough value content in this collection, and with this new forge, they are going to just let the community carry it forward. Don't expect much beyond playlist management and patches to fix problems. They're most likely not going to have any further dlc/maps/map packs.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Dramatic" makes me think Nightfall... But what if it's the TV show? That'd be kinda nuts. Can we even TAKE more Halo right now?

Top Bottom