• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Vico

Holy Hell all of that was beautiful, though I'm a bit sad they would choose to show that much (yeah, I know, I shoudn't watch it then, but it was right there...).

Just hoping it's not the "surprise", because that is not what I would qualify as a surprise at all.

Madness

Forget live action, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of film or series using Blur quality cinematics. I mean sure CGI movies trying to be realistic have a hard time, but Halo has the fanbase, and the level they are reaching, they could easily make it look not only realistic, but accurately capture all the fantasy of the series. Can't wait to see them all in the campaign!

RBlbdXo.gif
No disrespekt. Capauldi is great.

Impala26

Not impressed by CGI. Oh, it looks good, but... eh, it doesn't impress.

BTW, since it seems every single cutscene has gotten the CGI treatment... remember the short cutscene where the Arbiter chases the Heretic leader, and both take Banshees. That going to be CGI'd as well? (Can't recall if Halo 2 had any other really short cutscenes.)

Same level just before that there was also the short cutscene between Half-Jaw and Arbiter:
"Stinking Floodbate locked himself up tight... we'll never break through"
"The cable... I'm going to cut it..."

Wow now that I realize it that single level actually had THREE mid-level cutscenes if you also include the Arbiter-Heretic Leader confrontation.

Other mid-level cutscenes were the Arbiter and Half-Jaw about to ride the gondola to the Library on Quarantine Zone and the final level had two--Johnson talking to Arbiter on the Scarab and of course the final Tartarus confrontation.

I'm positive that all of these are getting remade in CGI EXCEPT for the Banshee cutscene you describe. That one's a toss-up because it's relatively forgettable compared to the rest of these in terms of the overall plot.

Onikaan

Some favourite moments. If anyone has any objection to GIFs then I'll take 'em down. Wouldn't want to keep people from the thread because of spoilers.

halo_zpsm3m7jyii.gif

odst_zpszr4rdw6u.gif

heritic_zpsdkjyr9mv.gif

mc_zpsaqcksshc.gif

The first one has potential use for Halo 5's multiplayer beta ;)

Ein Bear

God, the original VA for the Prophet of Truth was so much better. I don't know why they went with Terrance Stamp for Halo 3, was such a shame. He's an amazing actor, but didn't suit the character at all... they should re-dub him for the MCC.

Impala26

God, the original VA for the Prophet of Truth was so much better. I don't know why they went with Terrance Stamp for Halo 3, was such a shame. He's an amazing actor, but didn't suit the character at all... they should re-dub him for the MCC.

Indeed

Michael Wincott's Truth > Terrence Stamp's Truth

It also just seemed like Bungie essentially rewrote Truth as a character between Halo 2 and 3. He was much more suave, cool and coniving in Halo 2 compared to his batshit crazy self in Halo 3.

This collection still has moments where it's hard to believe it's real. Then shit like that Blur trailer is released and you have a big goofy grin on your face the entire time. This is a golden age right here.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
RIP having weapons you had on you carry over into cutscenes.

343 just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Halo culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Destiny where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MCC, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and pay Blur to make a cut-scene variant for every weapon in the game (no matter how many Blu-Rays it takes) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Vico

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Halo culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Destiny where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Halo, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Halo public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MCC, nor will they purchase any of 343's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but 343 has alienated an entire market with this move.

343, publicly apologize and pay Blur to make a cut-scene variant for every weapon in the game (no matter how many Blu-Rays it takes) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

XS5LK.gif

TheOddOne

Awww yisss.

Tawpgun

This ^.

Selling Xbone and getting a PS4 with Destiny so I can get it on that one extra strike in the DLC.

iMax

ibwaCEisbT5icP.gif

Akai__

Seems like someone read too many shitty posts from a certain junior.
(I'm an expert) kinda gave it away. :p

Some favourite moments. If anyone has any objection to GIFs then I'll take 'em down. Wouldn't want to keep people from the thread because of spoilers.

halo_zpsm3m7jyii.gif

odst_zpszr4rdw6u.gif

heritic_zpsdkjyr9mv.gif

mc_zpsaqcksshc.gif

The first one has potential use for Halo 5's multiplayer beta ;)
Posted this in the other thread but Halo: The Fall of Reach by Blur

ieUhuJ8.gif

Microsoft pls

AlStrong

Pretty cool they redid "Another Day at the Beach".
The only complaint I have is the lip sync is pretty off in places.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but understandable I think. :)

Would be interesting to hear more about the process, as it's pretty darn difficult to pull off in the first place.

Fuchsdh

I think Miranda definitely looks a bit older than she did in Halo 2 and Halo 3, and that's part of it. I think H2A also demonstrates that her haircut in the original was kinda' odd too. She's only in her late twenties during the events of the games.

I think Miranda definitely looks a bit older than she did in Halo 2 and Halo 3, and that's part of it. I think H2A also demonstrates that her haircut in the original was kinda' odd too. She's only in her late twenties during the events of the games.
She looked pretty damn weird in the game already. I think Blur's model looks fine. It's just weird seeing it fleshed out.

294293-halo-2-windows-screenshot-miranda-keyes-at-closes.jpg

Mix

Cutscenes looked fantastic. I can't wait for this to be here! (12 days)

Please 343, get blur to do an adaptation of The Fall Of Reach.

Top Bottom