• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Ah, I mentioned that in my stream. It felt 'gone', and immensely improved because of it.

Also, I just played some H2 OG customs...

I'm on my phone, so don't have a gif that can appropriately convey the feels.

Great news, thanks for clarifying.

Also great news on ranks, 343 played it right this time.

TheOddOne

kangaroo-20cartoon-png.png

People are reporting on the gaming side and elsewhere that when you take the time to actually download the videos on Gamersyde, the stuttering issue disappears. I haven't tried it myself, but others are saying it's just a streaming issue.

My time to be an over-analytical butt-hole:

I found it odd that the new Covenant city of High Charity appears to be a human city landscape. Very jarring. Looks like they photoshopped an actual night time human city photograph and pasted it in there lol...

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-09uycme.png

tumblr_ndujn170ma1sd5h0lo7_1280.jpg

Did something get lost in translation? Looks like Mombasa was teleported onto High Charity through some slipspace anomaly.

darthbob

People are reporting on the gaming side and elsewhere that when you take the time to actually download the videos on Gamersyde, the stuttering issue disappears. I haven't tried it myself, but others are saying it's just a streaming issue.

Trust me, the stutter is real.

pB0EKsf.jpg

tumblr_ndujn170ma1sd5h0lo7_1280.jpg

Did something get lost in translation? Looks like Mombasa was teleported onto High Charity through some slipspace anomaly.

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets exceedingly bugged by these sort of things ;)

Trust me, the stutter is real.

pB0EKsf.jpg

Darn man...I hope then it's just a recording problem. That would be horrible if the game stuttered a lot. If it stutters in single player, just think about splitscreen. I'll reserve angry internet nerd rage until I see it on my television.

Madness

Great news, thanks for clarifying.

Also great news on ranks, 343 played it right this time.

Yeah it's easy to quickly pick out a negative and go hogwild, but if you look at it all overall, they've done a lot of amazing things with this game collection. It's the small things that will add up. Now, just have to wait till launch, hope there are no hiccups, servers stay up, and playlists are properly looked after.

darthbob

Not in 2, 3 or 4 it isn't. There's only stuttering in CE cutscenes, and a hint in CEA gameplay, Everything else there is clean.

It's most noticeable in CE, I'll give you that, but to say that 2, 3, and even 4 are 'clean' wouldn't be entirely accurate. Out of the bunch Halo 4 looks to be the most stable to me with 3 coming pretty close.

We can all wait for the Digital Foundry analysis though because I'm not 100% convinced that the stutter isn't an encoding issue.

danwarb

It's most noticeable in CE, I'll give you that, but to say that 2, 3, and even 4 are 'clean' wouldn't be entirely accurate. Out of the bunch Halo 4 looks to be the most stable to me with 3 coming pretty close.

We can all wait for the Digital Foundry analysis though because I'm not 100% convinced that the stutter isn't an encoding issue.

I can't spot any skipped frames in the non CE videos. A tear right at the begging of the H2A gameplay video is about it. Could you suggest a timestamp?

The framerate in 2, 3 and 4 appears virtually flawless to me. I suppose that's good for me if it isn't.

darthbob

I can't spot any skipped frames in the non CE videos. A tear right at the begging of the H2A gameplay video is about it. Could you suggest a timestamp?

The framerate in 2, 3 and 4 appears virtually flawless to me. I suppose that's good for me if it isn't.

I'll go over the videos again in a bit, and I'll provide some timestamps. You downloaded these off of gamersyde, yeah?

Fuchsdh

Yeah, Cortana's stockier-locking in the remastered graphics... but what makes her look weird to me is she looks like she's missing two inches off her neck.

Kj6RAP5.png

So apparently the microsoft store i pre-ordered from isn't having a midnight launch. Do I cancel the pre-order and go digital, or keep the pre-order and get a digital copy as well?

Yeah, Cortana's stockier-locking in the remastered graphics... but what makes her look weird to me is she looks like she's missing two inches off her neck.

http://i.imgur.com/Kj6RAP5.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a good screenshot of the doll-head look I was talking about.

Top Bottom