• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Impala26

friday-damn-gif.gif

That...
That shit ain't right...

DJ Gunner

Regarding framerates- anytime I download 60fps vids from gamersyde or wherever there are always issues with the way they play on my computer (usually phone works better but not 100% of the time). Unless you're watching the vids on a beast machine I'd say its best to reserve judgement on the consistency of the framerate until DF or some of these reviewers release details....

defghik

CyReN

Do Bravo and Quinn post over at Beyond some-what frequently? I remember them visiting over there quite a bit.

Bravo posts a lot more, usually see Quinn browsing or interacting in our liveshows from what I've seen. Either way it always cool to see people from the 343i interacting and reading community stuff.

Ramirez

My time to be an over-analytical butt-hole:

I found it odd that the new Covenant city of High Charity appears to be a human city landscape. Very jarring. Looks like they photoshopped an actual night time human city photograph and pasted it in there lol...

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-09uycme.png

That looks horrible, lol.

That's actually an Easter Egg, get out of the map, and you get to play the ODST remake down there.

jem0208

I found it odd that the new Covenant city of High Charity appears to be a human city landscape. Very jarring. Looks like they photoshopped an actual night time human city photograph and pasted it in there lol...

Reminds me of the original Deus Ex, only blue...

deus-ex-skyline1.jpg

Cow

This has just topped off the collection for me. So hyped to run some Halo with my high school friends who stopped playing after Halo 3. 3/4 I've asked are picking up an XB1 for Halo, the other just plays PC now.

So happy, how the hell am I going to study for my exams in the next 1-3 weeks :\

Now and then, we have been in talks with TurboTheShow (their new CM) recently. Good guy.

I was really happy for Frank and wanted to congratulate him on getting this casting gig but there is no thread or any annoucement for the Iron Gaming event anywhere on Beyond. Wish him luck for me.

sigh.. now I can't get this out of my head.

Ghazi

Are the copies people are playing digital or physical? Meaning, is the patch already applied? Sorry, just catching up today.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Suddoth1 just followed me on twitter... without me following him.

What happened? What did I do?
Same happened to me a few days ago. He's just spamming follows to get people to follow him back.

Onikaan

We miss you, Frankie.

Well, I do.

I was watching the Bungie Studio tour Frank and Brian did way back. The good ol' days. Made me want Starbucks coffee, though.

For what it's worth regarding the frame rate...it's been buttery smooth. And that's from games on 1,2 and 3.

Take that as you will.

When you played CEA in 2011 did you personally notice the slight controller input lag when playing in Anniversary mode? And if you did, is it present in the MCC version and does it affect H2A?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What were people saying about the footage not being 60 fps or stuttering a lot?

Footage is 60fps but there's things from HaloCE that were designed for 30fps

For example when chief is on a pelican, you can see all these stutters as it flies through the air

Game should play great and most problems will exist in cutscenes

danwarb

What were people saying about the footage not being 60 fps or stuttering a lot?

I said that too, but it was something to do with the player for me. Outside of Halo CE cutscenes it's fine. Those cutscenes were smoother on the original Xbox at 50hz/25fps.

darthbob

Footage is 60fps but there's things from HaloCE that were designed for 30fps

For example when chief is on a pelican, you can see all these stutters as it flies through the air

Game should play great and most problems will exist in cutscenes

Not to mention that the animations still look like they were rigged for 30FPS.

Remember 343 has never really wanted ranks, so it's good we at least get a very similar Halo 2 style ranking system.
They seemed to want to capture the special butterfly thing where noone gets butthurt by seeing their betters beat them in matchmaking.
garbage.
Edit: Beaten by a split second. Wow...
Frankie will still say that it's digital e-peen measuring
Guys guys guys, we all know that any issues on launch can't be patched.
most of the issues should have been fixed when being ported to the new consoles. and MP should be a disc and not part of a patch that is 1/3 the size of the content on the disc.

When you played CEA in 2011 did you personally notice the slight controller input lag when playing in Anniversary mode? And if you did, is it present in the MCC version and does it affect H2A?

Ah, I mentioned that in my stream. It felt 'gone', and immensely improved because of it.

Also, I just played some H2 OG customs...

I'm on my phone, so don't have a gif that can appropriately convey the feels.

Top Bottom