• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

darthbob

Literally took me thirty seconds to do on my work computer while on a call. I'd love to hear why 343i couldn't have done the same thing and made a new text texture to overlay.

mc7ber3.jpg

Maybe it'll get 'fixed' in the Day 1 patch? wishful thinking

Heh...I wonder if that's due to Halo 3's resolution being a 1.8 ratio (1152x640) with the HUD being tailored for that ratio.

1080p would be a 1.78 ratio, versus the 1.8 of 640p so that does seem to be an accurate assessment.

If only we got that extra 22p! :lol

I wonder if these issues will be patched with the small patch Frank mentioned, or the multiplayer patch will fix the OP carbine.

Yeah, it SOUNDS fun and looks cool...but it's way too fast. The Carbine could kill in 7 shots in MP, and if you landed every shot you out kill an enemy with a BR.

Now that it's even faster... Ridiculous.

I think it's a safe bet that we'll see the H2 carbine normalized pretty soon.

I wonder if these issues will be patched with the small patch Frank mentioned, or the multiplayer patch will fix the OP carbine.

Yeah, it SOUNDS fun and looks cool...but it's way too fast. The Carbine could kill in 7 shots in MP, and if you landed every shot you out kill an enemy with a BR.

RoKKeR

Cross-posting from the Gamersyde thread but I am still amazed at how good Halo 3 looks. Maybe I'm biased or impartial to Halo 3's clean art direction but it just looks so smooth and clean, really impressed.

danwarb

Cross-posting from the Gamersyde thread but I am still amazed at how good Halo 3 looks. Maybe I'm biased or impartial to Halo 3's clean art direction but it just looks so smooth and clean, really impressed.

I'm with you on that. 3 looks best to me.

TheXbox

So H2 MM is wank with OP carbines now? Kind of defeats the purpose of reliving classic Halo 2 memories when the version they're shipping is busted.

I don't have twitter, but people need to start asking Frank about the OP carbine. That's pretty darn important and it would be ridiculous for 343 to assume no one would notice.

When their whole repeated mantra was "play the same game you remembered on Xbox Live", it seems really odd to me that this could be over looked. Just by simple play testing that could be noticed. Heck, the first time someone spammed the trigger on Gravemind in H2:A I raised an eyebrow.

*grumpy face*

EDIT: WELP, at least it's good news. Frank confirmed it's fixed in the Content Update. Thanks Stinklez!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Highest skill should also be shown in other lobbies.

This is where i liked the halo 3 XP ranking... just so it at least shows the players experience in social lobbies

^ i really wish they'd just fix all the bugs in H2... at least for ranked/matchmaking

VinFTW

Good to see ranks were handled perfectly and improved. That calms a bit of nerves for me.

Next, hopefully the day one 20GB patch will probably handle most of the FPS issues (IF there even is any and it's not just the Beta streaming client on Gamersyde), like most day one patches do (see: Lords of the Fallen screen-tearing).

I have to say though, some of the incessant bitching in this thread is growing a tad tiring.

Still love HaloGAF, my favorite Halo community by far, and I can't wait to tear shit up with you guys but, some of you need to pump the breaks with the accusations. It's hard to join in on conversations when it's mostly just bitching about ridiculous shit we don't know anything about yet.

Surely there's a better way to go about this stuff.

RoKKeR

I'm with you on that. 3 looks best to me.

Yeah it just has a really nice look to it, uber clean... something I hope we see more of in Halo 5. I know it's been talked about a bit but Halo 4, while quite the looker, has too much going on in it's environments and sort of looks "confused" or messy at times. Halo 3 lacks the flare but makes up for it in how bright and clear everything is.

Can't wait to see it on my TV.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well at least halo 4 likely doesn't have JIP because of proper ranks which means i may be able to have a little fun playing it now

RRX YY RRX

defghik

I don't have twitter, but people need to start asking Frank about the OP carbine. That's pretty darn important and it would be ridiculous for 343 to assume no one would notice.

When their whole repeated mantra was "play the same game you remembered on Xbox Live", it seems really odd to me that this could be over looked. Just by simple play testing that could be noticed. Heck, the first time someone spammed the trigger on Gravemind in H2:A I raised an eyebrow.

*grumpy face*

Yeah, I don't have twitter either, but it's be nice if somebody asked.

I don't get the people in this thread who think it's a "happy accident". It turns the Carbine into a power weapon - it can kill faster than a double doubleshot with the BR.

CyReN

Bravo posted on Beyond regarding ranks:

As Frank said, we're 'gun talk 'bout it soon, but it's worth mentioning that the screenshot released on IGN today was an older asset, and not representative of the final launch playlist layout, playlist order, nor ranked / unranked playlist landscape. I'll have some light detail in this week's Bulletin (tomorrow), but more likely all details next week.

Good to see ranks were handled perfectly and improved. That calms a bit of nerves for me.

Next, hopefully the day one 20GB patch will probably handle most of the FPS issues (IF there even is any and it's not just the Beta streaming client on Gamersyde), like most day one patches do (see: Lords of the Fallen screen-tearing).

I have to say though, some of the incessant bitching in this thread is growing a tad tiring.

Still love HaloGAF, my favorite Halo community by far, and I can't wait to tear shit up with you guys but, some of you need to pump the breaks with the accusations. It's hard to join in on conversations when it's mostly just bitching about ridiculous shit we don't know anything about yet.

Surely there's a better way to go about this stuff.

I haven't seen much "bitching" today, unless you are talking about obvious criticisms. Seems like most of us are overwhelmingly positive besides a few niggles.

EDIT: NVM, he was referring to Dwells post. Sorry Vin

Welfare

Why the hell did they use an outdated build for a screenshot? You couldn't provide the most recent on for IGN First?

My time to be an over-analytical butt-hole:

I found it odd that the new Covenant city of High Charity appears to be a human city landscape. Very jarring. Looks like they photoshopped an actual night time human city photograph and pasted it in there lol...

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-09uycme.png

IHaveIce

Banned
So far everything just seems great wow.

From being salty as shit about Halo 4 to unable to swallow as fast as I slurp.

343/Blur/ Certain Affinity this Collection is a true masterpiece.

Also nice to see Frankie giving some posters fire over twitter.

As Frank said, we're 'gun talk 'bout it soon, but it's worth mentioning that the screenshot released on IGN today was an older asset, and not representative of the final launch playlist layout, playlist order, nor ranked / unranked playlist landscape. I'll have some light detail in this week's Bulletin (tomorrow), but more likely all details next week.

awesome news on the playlists from the IGN news not being final, just one social playlist seemed to be kinda low
that custom search isnt ruled out yet!

Top Bottom