• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
do you now understand what is in my heart

Ah okay. The question mark on the "None" is what confused me lol

Weird.... How else could it work...?
Pressing the "spartan ability" button in different situations could have different affects. Press it while in the air to do a ground slam. Press it while sprinting to do one hit kill shoulder bash. Press it while not moving to go into stationary camo. Press it while holding the incineration cannon to automatically win the match.

Good god Kangaroo Flames, chill out.

I don't get how you can prefer those games and be okay with all those things being in Halo 5. Like, sure, they could work, but history isn't exactly encouraging.

I agree, it's not really encouraging. However, for what it's worth...I somewhat enjoyed Halo 4 besides instant spawns, random weapon events, cluttered map design, wonky weapon balance, and unbalanced loadouts. If Halo 5 got rid of all those things, but kept sprint or a dash feature...I honestly think it might work.

i didnt turn this into an argument, i was genuinely curious about icyflamez opinion.

Sorry if I turned it into an unfruitful argument, but I just think we have a right to listen to the devs and get excited. We obviously have differing opinions on that, so we can leave it be.

it could be context sensitive or mapped to a button on the controller. perhaps a D-pad button or something

Huh? I mean what other way could it be distributed to players in multiplayer besides picking them in your loadout or having them as special pickups that are on certain points in the map? Either way the commands will likely be mapped to the D pad or something.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would be really into Halo 5 having thrusters. Those work dramatically different than sprint. None of the concerns I have about sprint carry over to thrusters, and thrusters actually sound fun and interesting.

Huh? I mean what other way could it be distributed to players in multiplayer besides picking them in your loadout or having them as special pickups that are on certain points in the map? Either way the commands will likely be mapped to the D pad or something.
Why d-pad? Armor abilities were never mapped there...?

Pressing the "spartan ability" button in different situations could have different affects. Press it while in the air to do a ground slam. Press it while sprinting to do one hit kill shoulder bash. Press it while not moving to go into stationary camo. Press it while holding the incineration cannon to automatically win the match.

Ahhhh I get it now.

I would be really into Halo 5 having thrusters. Those work dramatically different than sprint. None of the concerns I have about sprint carry over to thrusters, and thrusters actually sound fun and interesting.

Why d-pad? Armor abilities were never mapped there...?

I said or something. I couldn't remember what buttons they were mapped to. I just said it because that's what Ragnorok suggested, and he probably knows more about this stuff than me, so I just went with it.

VinFTW

I'll throw my 2 cents in again (if anybody cares):

Personally, I would be completely okay with:

- No sprint
- Thrusters (on CD)
- Possibly context sensitive (close to an enemy targeting them? = that thrust slam from behind. Press it in the air for a ground slam.
- Thrusters being directional and bound to a single button. Would def. need to be able to throw grenades and shoot while doing so (perhaps with some camera bob for the movement (similar to jumping, I guess)
- Much faster movement speed

I think they can easily make Halo feel "next-gen" and "fast(er)" without breaking the game w/ sprint.

I'm going to give them this last chance on H5. I have high hopes and optimism. Right now they're saying and doing all the right things, so for me, they deserve some credit.
Don't feel bad for being optimistic and excited for Halo 5 guys, especially just because some people have salt up their butt.
<3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I said or something. I couldn't remember what buttons they were mapped to. I just said it because that's what Ragnorok suggested, and he probably knows more about this stuff than me, so I just went with it.
So you really are new to HaloGAF.

The Flash

Banned
I dunno which one icyflamez was talking about , but I was thinking of this one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136280905#post136280905

*shrugs*

I wasn't even in the rank thread because I was at work. But while we're on the topic of McMahon...

hE244462A

Slixshot

Banned
Where can I get a copy of that Master Chief helmet to use in gimp and put on my head?

Edit: if someone can put it on this avatar... Man, that'd be dope.

I love the new Brutes.

I really do not like the new Cortana.

My time to be an over-analytical butt-hole:

I found it odd that the new Covenant city of High Charity appears to be a human city landscape. Very jarring. Looks like they photoshopped an actual night time human city photograph and pasted it in there lol...

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-09uycme.png

I don't think this is over-analytical, nothing about those buildings look Covenant or Forerunner, and the sense of scale is completely lost.

Random17

I think the buildings are trying to match the similar city seen in Halo 2 A's terminal trailer.

They look somewhat odd, I agree, but the sense of scale is not lost on me by looking at the sides, so I have no issue with this. Or Cortana, for that matter. And this is coming from someone who played the Campaign religiously.

I'm more worried about the framerate rumours.

Fotos

I took these from different gameplay... it just depends on the angle. In her "bad" screenshots, she is tilting her head down, compressing or hiding her neck. Pretty normal looking to me... IMO

Here is some "better pictures." I think everyone's complaints are a bit over the top (I know I'm only responding to you about this).

Head tilted downward:
Lp4XpmX.png

More upright/normal position:
AsSI9YE.png

Whoa without reading anything I actually thought this was some photoshop joke. Damn

Omni

Halo 4 is looking damn good. Art style is still questionable but it looks alright

I honestly forgot how awesome the Promethean weapon animations were too (when you first pick them up in the campaign)

Couple of questions tho,

1) Have we seen any Halo 3 MP gameplay yet? I want to see Sandtrap ASAP!

2) Is split screen confirmed, if so (a) how does it work regarding profiles, and (b) how does the frame-rate hold up?

belushy

Banned
What do people think of this U.I design? (Not made by me, it is from the fan game Project Contigency.) They were silent for awhile but released some info on the fan game. Not sure how long the game is gonna last before a cease & desist, but I like the UI design.

Link

What do people think of this U.I design? (Not made by me, it is from the fan game Project Contigency.) They were silent for awhile but released some info on the fan game. Not sure how long the game is gonna last before a cease & desist, but I like the UI design.

Link

Background is a bit busy for my taste, but the rest is rock solid.

i didnt turn this into an argument, i was genuinely curious about icyflamez opinion.
Don't worry man..
lol Ragnarok forgot how to interact with human beings. He's been living in a salt mine for ages, give the dude a break.
..I understand you. It's just that, ya know.. sometimes other people don't, ya know, man? This is not the way to be heard; it's no longer a battle on message boards. We must plant seeds from within and change the perspectives of all, starting with those already on the inside (Bravo pliss).
It is a photoshop joke tho:
http://i.imgur.com/5XWEf2U.png[IMG]
Yes, this is an actual Xbox One game screenshot.[/QUOTE]
This is what my eyes have been seeing anyway, you've fixed it!

King Leo

Neo Member
I think it's time I avoid the forums until the 11th. I wanna be at least somewhat surprised when I play through the game. However I'll have to check out the extra info on ranks soon. That's something I must know about. :p

Top Bottom