• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Fuchsdh

The struggle is that real, stealing is also a federal crime.

Well this got awkward.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered some form of selling myself at this point.

Blood plasma and semen, bro. And if Biggy's actually going to give you that money I'll chuck a few bucks your way. I like you guys
against all better judgement

QUOTE]I knew someone would use that gif. Holy shit at the kid ahahahah

I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered some form of selling myself at this point.

igE8jwAluyn8G.gif

Blood plasma and semen, bro. And if Biggy's actually going to give you that money I'll chuck a few bucks your way. I like you guys

Semen's got some ridiculous pre-screening qualifications, and on top of that if you don't do everything they say over the course of god knows how many weeks you're at it, you won't get paid anything. Source: [redacted]

VinFTW

Lmao that gif...

And to the guy talking about halo 1 pistol being a power weapon, my guess is, judging by that ign rewind of the halo 5 beta first look, it will be :p

(Near end of vid)

Lmao that gif...

And to the guy talking about halo 1 pistol being a power weapon, my guess is, judging by that ign rewind of the halo 5 beta first look, it will be :p

(Near end of vid)

I'll have to check it out, I didn't catch anything about that...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Off topic, yet still Halo:

I hope that Halo 5's magnum is akin to Halo 1's, but a power weapon. Can 3 shot kill, is a highly sought after weapon, is nice and shiny like it is in Halo 1, and the viewmodel is held in a similar fashion:

Halo_CEA_Magnum.jpg

For some reason, the magnum loses the sense of dominance and power when they switched the position model to a more "up and to the right" weapon position. Maybe that's just me. The Halo 1 magnum had a real nice bass to it that really sounded great. I don't know why it sounds so....muffled in the Halo 4.

article_post_width_Halo_4_Dawn_1.jpg

The Halo 1 magnum shot a special explosive type of round (shoot at the ground and see it spark/flame). It would make sense as a power weapon in my mind.

Everyone would win, we would get that same great bass blasting Halo 1 pistol in Halo 5, but with the balance of it being a sought after power weapon.

What do you guys think?

The starting utility weapon needs to be a fair and balanced weapon that you can defend yourself with at all ranges. Ping snipers, kill medium to long, medium to short, and short.

Lmao that gif...

(Near end of vid)

I just re-watched the IGN rewind video and there wasn't anything about a pistol...

VinFTW

I just re-watched the IGN rewind video and there wasn't anything about a pistol...
It's the one with Ryan mcaff and Alfredo Diaz, it's one of the last things they talk about. It's the one with in game map shots, not the cg only one. I would just link it for you but I'm in class :/

There's a power weapon at the end that's glowing yellow. It looks like a pistol with a scope. They sort of speculated that power weapons glow yellow (the sword does as well in the video).

It's the one with Ryan mcaff and Alfredo Diaz, it's one of the last things they talk about. It's the one with in game map shots, not the cg only one. I would just link it for you but I'm in class :/

There's a power weapon at the end that's glowing yellow. It looks like a pistol with a scope. They sort of speculated that power weapons glow yellow (the sword does as well in the video).

Oh...I didn't think it looked like a pistol at all. I will grab a screen shot of it and try to enhance it.

Yeah yeah, derp Impala.

Why else is it blue then smart guy? (I've legitimately not seen anyone mention or talk about this)

It's probably just to make the gold visor "pop" more by setting it against a blue-ish background, or to make it different from the CE:A box which is very gray.

I think one way you could handle the CE Magnum debacle would be by making it function like the Halo 4 Magnum but change the appearance / sound design to resemble that more of the CE Magnum. Sure, it sounds "chirpy" in Halo 4, but from a sandbox standpoint it's actually pretty balanced if you go out of your way to experiment with it. Surprisingly decent range for a secondary, viable kill potential as long as you're packing another shield-stripper, spread is fairly low even outside of red-reticle range. Also gives me another chance to post this:

iGXCBCywBlrvi.gif

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think one way you could handle the CE Magnum debacle would be by making it function like the Halo 4 Magnum but change the appearance / sound design to resemble that more of the CE Magnum. Sure, it sounds "chirpy" in Halo 4, but from a sandbox standpoint it's actually pretty balanced if you go out of your way to experiment with it. Surprisingly decent range for a secondary, viable kill potential as long as you're packing another shield-stripper, spread is fairly low even outside of red-reticle range. Also gives me another chance to post this:

iGXCBCywBlrvi.gif

That chart makes some sense.

The starting weapon though needs to achieve what the CE pistol does. I'm all for less weapons in the sandbox...something like what HCE has and Quake.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Without getting into I've looked into both. I likely don't qualify for the former due to height and other reasons, the latter would eat two hours of my day going to and from and the procedure itself takes 90 minutes itself all for $15 to $20. Now I'm not saying I haven't considered it, but that's a chunk of time that could be spent on online applications.
Ply turned a cold shoulder to HGS. I'll never forgive. NEVER FORGET
I have trouble stretching myself too thin and then snapping back like a rubberband. :'(

I'll come back I swear.
Selling your body for Halo
kttcolileon
Who said I would buy Halo with that money?
DQlckkO.png

RowdyReverb

and I take it back, I do remember liking the Railgun from Halo 4. For some reason I was thinking of the SAW which was um yeah

I liked the SAW. I'm a fan of heavy machine gun power weapons in general (it's my heavy of choice in Destiny as well). You can just carelessly spray lead death all over your enemies with nary a concern for headshots or reloading. It's like a glorious release from the confines of ARs or BRs.

Fuchsdh

lol

It was so satisfying killing people with the Reach Beta Plasma Pistol's AOE overcharge. Couldn't believe it was actually possible to score kills with it after it taking something like 19 shots to kill someone unshielded back in the Halo 2 days.

The plasma pistol is the only weapon that regressed from Reach to 4, in my opinion. Sounded less meaty (although I like the overcharging sound) and was far less effective primary fire. I was sad :(

Oh...I didn't think it looked like a pistol at all. I will grab a screen shot of it and try to enhance it.

I went through the trouble of enhancing the screens from the frames and at first it looks like a pistol, but as it rotates I realized that it looks far too long to be a pistol. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's our coveted pistola.

Mix

The plasma pistol is the only weapon that regressed from Reach to 4, in my opinion. Sounded less meaty (although I like the overcharging sound) and was far less effective primary fire. I was sad :(

Dude, the Reach PP was godly. I miss it too.

One of the things I'm most excited about for Halo 5 is the weapons and how they balance them. I think it's insane how the weapon balances never carry across to each game, at least not 100%

So that "for the first time ever, the entire Master Chief Saga on the same console" or whatever it said is totally a lie, since you could play every game on the 360. They should have said same disc or something.

Tawpgun

So that "for the first time ever, the entire Master Chief Saga on the same console" or whatever it said is totally a lie, since you could play every game on the 360. They should have said same disc or something.

False, Halo 5 6 and whatever is also considered MC saga. One of the objectives of the collection is to have every MC game on one platform

Mix

It's like a two minute trailer :/ kinda disappointing, but two minutes is more than none I suppose.

Top Bottom