• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Karl2177

I know this is incredibly minor, but W/L ratio should probably be Win %. My reasoning for that is people care about the chances of winning. 2.13 isn't a simple descriptor to how often I win, where as 68.1% is.

Fotos

Could I contact 343 about getting unbanned from waypoint? I got banned 2 or 3 years ago for having an inappropriate gamertag which has since been changed. I feel like in this case the ban could be undone.

gAg CruSh3r

I need to get on my computer to check out the full website but the mobile site looks great! Nice job 343! Almost 28 more days left until MCC time!

RowdyReverb

Has there been any word on matchmaking for co-op campaign in MCC? I seem to recall hearing something about matchmaking being available for the campaign playlists, but my memory is fuzzy.

I was joking really.

I played the previous Forza titles for the achievements as each level of Forza Rewards gives you new things. Like Tier 7 means each month I get 2.1 million credits in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 and even got a few free cars with Forza Horizon 2 due to it.

I don't think there is any way Halo could do a system like that thank god, so the Halo Score is pointless.

halo-tmcc-box-shot-542x542-3e56de648a214717abc4014d4209230d.png

Also, the boxart looks great, but i'm going digital and already have the artwork as a poster on my wall which is good enough. Strangely, there is no Bungie Logo on the Poster.

I'm glad that their bringing back the "only on" thing. Also it's cool that they put Bungie's name on the box, they didn't do that with Halo CEA. Too bad Certain Affinity and Saber still aren't getting top billing.

Could I contact 343 about getting unbanned from waypoint? I got banned 2 or 3 years ago for having an inappropriate gamertag which has since been changed. I feel like in this case the ban could be undone.

I'll take look at your history tomorrow and see what's up, no promises. What's the current GT?

Madness

I'm glad that their bringing back the "only on" thing. Also it's cool that they put Bungie's name on the box, they didn't do that with Halo CEA. Too bad Certain Affinity and Saber still aren't getting top billing.

Pretty sure it's only there because of Halo 3. It's the only game that is just a direct, unchanged port. It seems CEA, H2A are technically now 343 games due to the inclusion of the new campaigns. I don't think Certain Affinity or Saber would ever get top billing on the front, they're essentially just "workers" hired by 343. They probably get billing on the back.

If you young people haven't seen this watch it before playing H2A.

Halo 2 Developer Commentary

Thanks for sharing this. I was never able to see it and didn't know it was on YouTube.

Watched the whole thing...dang I miss Marty. However, I'm excited to play Halo 4 in isolation and soak in the new musical direction. I remember a few pieces in Halo 4 that I thought were brilliant, but I was "offended" when I didn't hear the monks upon starting the game with my friend.

Ready to be more open minded now. lol

Fuchsdh

Has there been any word on matchmaking for co-op campaign in MCC? I seem to recall hearing something about matchmaking being available for the campaign playlists, but my memory is fuzzy.

I'm not sure we've got any sort of final listing. In concepts they had organized matchmaking into lists like "Master Chief levels", "Arbiter levels", "Flood levels", such like that. No idea whether you'll be able to matchmake your exact mission you want to play, but with forty-plus levels I don't think it's likely short of custom arranging with your friends.

Thanks for sharing this. I was never able to see it and didn't know it was on YouTube.

Watched the whole thing...dang I miss Marty. However, I'm excited to play Halo 4 in isolation and soak in the new musical direction. I remember a few pieces in Halo 4 that I thought were brilliant, but I was "offended" when I didn't hear the monks upon starting the game with my friend.

My opinions on Halo 4's soundtrack have improved vastly. I think you have to get over the fact that it's not Marty, and unlike the work Rippy and Salta did for Halo Wars and Spartan Assault, it's deliberately different in a lot of ways. But there's a lot to like; my only hope is that they keep some of the old themes mixed in more in addition to the new stuff; the ratio was a bit off IMO for Halo 4.

Oh, look, the final box art for the Master Chief Collection:

Is 'Only on Xbox One' really necessary though? I liked Killer Instinct's version in trailers (having the announcer scream "ONLY ON XBOX OOOOOOOONE,") but it seems superfluous to put it on the packaging.

Every single time. :'( Not very promising for that german version of the MCC I've headed my way, it'll only be in german, I feel it in my bones.

By the way, the guy who'd claimed the Halo 5 thread has relinquished it, so I went ahead and grabbed it. Gonna make it a collaborative effort, gonna try and figure something out over the coming months.

If you need any art assets PM me.

Impala26

Maybe someone can explain this...

Perhaps a stupid question, but why exactly is the Chief helmet on the cover blue/blue tinted?

Maybe someone can explain this...

Perhaps a stupid question, but why exactly is the Chief helmet on the cover blue/blue tinted?

Collector's edition has him sporting a Red Team helmet instead. It's one of those "pick a side!" #redvsblue campaign things to boost sales.

RowdyReverb

Is 'Only on Xbox One' really necessary though? I liked Killer Instinct's version in trailers (having the announcer scream "ONLY ON XBOX OOOOOOOONE,") but it seems superfluous to put it on the packaging.

Because they want people to know that they need to go buy an Xbox One to play those games. I guess it's not "necessary" depending on how you look at it, but it is serving a purpose, so I wouldn't call it superfluous.

ElRenoRaven

Yea that brings back memories. I really wish we could have gotten the original Halo 2 they envisioned. It sounded so awesome. Like the level on the covie ship. It would have been awesome. 343 needs to learn from Bungie on this stuff. Dev commentaries rule and behind the scenes making of stuff rules.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OK see what you do is get an Xbox one

Steal one if the struggle is dat real
The struggle is that real, stealing is also a federal crime.
Well this got awkward.
Jesus Christ, that boy could sell his body for one day and buy around 87 xbones.
send me one?
I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered some form of selling myself at this point.

Off topic, yet still Halo:

I hope that Halo 5's magnum is akin to Halo 1's, but a power weapon. Can 3 shot kill, is a highly sought after weapon, is nice and shiny like it is in Halo 1, and the viewmodel is held in a similar fashion:

Halo_CEA_Magnum.jpg

For some reason, the magnum loses the sense of dominance and power when they switched the position model to a more "up and to the right" weapon position. Maybe that's just me. The Halo 1 magnum had a real nice bass to it that really sounded great. I don't know why it sounds so....muffled in the Halo 4.

article_post_width_Halo_4_Dawn_1.jpg

The Halo 1 magnum shot a special explosive type of round (shoot at the ground and see it spark/flame). It would make sense as a power weapon in my mind.

Everyone would win, we would get that same great bass blasting Halo 1 pistol in Halo 5, but with the balance of it being a sought after power weapon.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom