• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I really need to finally get around to watching that. Still never have.

I've seen it (a long time ago) but it's now on my youtube list for my lunchbreak.

Also - fancy reminiscing on old school Halo? Let's watch some montages.

One of my personal favourites?

Zola's Str8 Rippin Halo 3 Montage

OMG Community Montage by Vinnie13/A1BASE (Note: I met all these guys playing Halo 2, and have rolled with them ever since - known each other for 10 years, and my love of Halo stems from the memories of gaming with these fellas)

Montages starring me?

Promises - Halo Reach Montage by Vinnie13/Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico - Best Game(R) Ever! by Vinnie13 - This one was actually presented to me as a present at my Stag Do. Was actually genuinely touching to see the effort they went too. Also, my GOD I was fat. :|

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I've seen it (a long time ago) but it's now on my youtube list for my lunchbreak.

Also - fancy reminiscing on old school Halo? Let's watch some montages.

One of my personal favourites?

Zola's Str8 Rippin Halo 3 Montage

OMG Community Montage by Vinnie13/A1BASE (Note: I met all these guys playing Halo 2, and have rolled with them ever since - known each other for 10 years, and my love of Halo stems from the memories of gaming with these fellas)

Montages starring me?

Promises - Halo Reach Montage by Vinnie13/Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico - Best Game(R) Ever! by Vinnie13 - This one was actually presented to me as a present at my Stag Do. Was actually genuinely touching to see the effort they went too. Also, my GOD I was fat. :|

OMG: Friendly fun, mature attitude, good times. There's also an annual Warfighters get-together. Death by paintball!

Oh, and, Grim, Bart's Manor from Halo 3 is very much need! Hint, hint...

Madness

Let this app access your info?

halowaypoint.com

Halo Waypoint needs your permission to:

Access and update your Xbox Live info

Access your Xbox Live info anytime

You can change these application permissions at any time in your account settings.

See the above is why I don't visit Halo Waypoint. Why the site needs to add an app to my account where it can access my Xbox Live info at any time is beyond me. I just want to search some damn stats. And it's not about so that my stats can be updated, because if anybody else searches my gamertag they will get my exact stats to the minute. It's completely unnecessary.

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS TO VIEW THIS DATA

SIGN IN TO CONTINUE

The above is the biggest problem with the site. Why you need to sign in, I don't know. I get we're in the age of user tracking and data mining, but come on, I can't sign in every time on my phone, laptop, nor do I want to grant their app access to my info. The old Bungie and sites like Halotracker work perfectly giving stats.

Oh you have to sign in still? Won't bother with the new site which they put so much effort into then.

Akai__

Oh you have to sign in still? Won't bother with the new site which they put so much effort into then.

But other than that it is really good. I hope they get rid off it and we can just search for GT's like on Bungie.

I like how you can link your Twitter and Twitch account and it will show up on your profile page. Very good idea. I think the medal page will make a return in the MCC, because those achievements kinda indicate that.

VinFTW

The new site is perfect. Love it.

WOULD be nice to not have to sign in to see stats/search GTs but other than that, perfect :D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whatever that last page was

SZOUvfN.gif

7X04tA1.gif

8xfcZgP.gif

halo

MouldyK

-petitions to have Halo Gamerscore only count MCC and beyond to allow everyone to have a fair chance at getting a perfect score-

naeS

The new site is awesome.

Jeez does it say I've played Halo 3 for over 10 days playtime. Oh my... that's amazing.

Fuchsdh

Found the File Shares but they are buried deep. Like, lost Ark of the Covenant deep.

And, they don't work so i going to assume the web team is still working on it.

Yeah that's my only issue currently--should be a link off your profile or under community, and not the hunting for it I had to do. Please address, web peoples!

EDIT: So oddly enough the "recent screenshots" in the Reach section is 'working', but it showing months-old stuff while the files I specifically uploaded aren't there. Some wonkiness prolly happening on the back end, hopefully it gets addressed.

Incredible! This video should be on the Halo Waypoint site. It's that damn good.

It IS...but it's also slanted very much to the whole MLG/eSports crowd, and also kind of implies Bungie dropped the ball, so I don't think it ever will.

(Note: I actually love the video, and completely agree with it)

EDIT:

Those Halo 3 Stats:

7456 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER GAMES PLAYED
39013 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER KILLS
20.15:58:11 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER PLAYTIME

20 Days?!?! Damn.

Akai__

My total Halo 3 playtime is: 35d:17h:18m:21s

That's across 5 accounts and I still don't know how I passed High School. :p

Hey, great job on the website guys! Quick question though, what does that orange drop pod signify?

On Halo Waypoint you can earn badges. I think you earned this one, if you visit the new Waypoint website. It doesn't mean anything.

-petitions to have Halo Gamerscore only count MCC and beyond to allow everyone to have a fair chance at getting a perfect score-

Sorry, but that is laughable and I don't think it will ever happen, because of the games, that aren't part of the MCC. You (and others) care too much, about achievements.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It IS...but it's also slanted very much to the whole MLG/eSports crowd, and also kind of implies Bungie dropped the ball, so I don't think it ever will.

(Note: I actually love the video, and completely agree with it)

EDIT:

Those Halo 3 Stats:

7456 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER GAMES PLAYED
39013 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER KILLS
20.15:58:11 TOTAL MULTIPLAYER PLAYTIME

20 Days?!?! Damn.

Bungie completely under-valued esports Halo. I look at Blizzard and Riot Games as the leaders of the esports world when it comes to having direct impact on development/design of their games specifically for esports. Valve can be thrown in there too for Counter-strike, they have started to step their game up for CS esports, as well as DOTA 2.

The big issue developers don't seem to get is that when you design your game from the core to cater for esports, the trickle down theory basically proves that at the lowest possible levels of play, the game will still be fun and entertaining.

Street Fighter is a fine example. Throw two noobs against one another, they will still enjoy the game not ever touching advanced combos, or linking moves together...it's still fun as hell for them.

Then with that very same game, you put two pros against one another...it plays like a completely different game...even though it's the same damn game the noobs were playing.

That's good game design. Halo has yet to do that...except for Halo CE. Even with Halo 2, you had to alter the rules/settings of the game to fine that truly balanced Halo multiplayer offering.

With Halo 5, I'd like to not have to tweak ANYTHING. Out of the box the game should be balanced and esports-ready.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Why is it incredible? It's just a random person dramatically complaining about Halo. Unless I'm missing something.

Whole thing makes me cringe.

For me I think it's incredible. Brings back so many memories of spectating Halo 2 esports. It was a really fun time back then. The video builds up the hype for Halo esports.

Halo OT| 3 out of 4 ain't bad

Or something like that. I get why it was changed... But eh. Surely we could think of something better than "It really does feel like Halo".

Just curious...why do so many people get so defensive or critical of an OT and it's title? As long as it's a place that's immediately recognizable for Halo fans to gather and chat.

MouldyK

Sorry, but that is laughable and I don't think it will ever happen, because of the games, that aren't part of the MCC. You (and others) care too much, about achievements.

I was joking really.

I played the previous Forza titles for the achievements as each level of Forza Rewards gives you new things. Like Tier 7 means each month I get 2.1 million credits in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 and even got a few free cars with Forza Horizon 2 due to it.

I don't think there is any way Halo could do a system like that thank god, so the Halo Score is pointless.

halo-tmcc-box-shot-542x542-3e56de648a214717abc4014d4209230d.png

Also, the boxart looks great, but i'm going digital and already have the artwork as a poster on my wall which is good enough. Strangely, there is no Bungie Logo on the Poster.

dwells

New Waypoint site looks modern, but the content is still lacking for me. Still doesn't feel like direct developer-to-player content the way Bungie.net used to. Disappointed with the stats for the older games - there's essentially no functionality for Halo 2. Also don't like how you have to sign in for stats.

DJ Gunner

New Waypoint site looks modern, but the content is still lacking for me. Still doesn't feel like direct developer-to-player content the way Bungie.net used to. Disappointed with the stats for the older games - there's essentially no functionality for Halo 2. Also don't like how you have to sign in for stats.

I think most of the Halo 2 data was purged from Bungie.net a long time ago, beyond total kills/games/deaths. You can still see matchmade vs custom games in the history though...

Top Bottom