• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

antigoon

Sent mine in a PM just now.

GT: Calm Killer

Please add me people. Non of my old halo buddies play anymore. Need some people.

I'm in the same boat -- And my friend who I was gonna do launch night with won't be getting his Xbox until a couple days later!

Added (I'm BigSolar on XBL)

Was thinking the other day... Do people ever use LFG sites for Shooters?

I wonder if there's any chance a variant of an LFG website could be efficiently used as a ersatz custom games browser.

Thinking of building one. Only if people think it could work though.

I wonder if there's any chance a variant of an LFG website could be efficiently used as a ersatz custom games browser.

Judging by Destiny? No. It's just too cumbersome, even if it makes it easier to get exactly what you want, people'd rather just use matchmaking.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it just trolling scrubs who have the temerity to try to pick up the oddball on Swordbase?
Basically, with the added twist of putting the ball in the big center area by the purple grav lift, taking the high ground, and then slaughtering said scrubs as they sprint, jetpack, and sometimes crouch walk back to the killing zone over and over and over.

Hell yeah, do it. That'd be amazing.

The Flash

Banned
so guys, Halo is in 6 freakin' days.

2fFUzzd.gif
2fFUzzd.gif
2fFUzzd.gif
2fFUzzd.gif
2fFUzzd.gif
2fFUzzd.gif

Tawpgun

So I still need final confirmation.

If I have it preloaded it unlocks at 12am EST this time? Not like that dumb PST destiny bullshit?

And if I have it preloaded does that mean I have that day one 20gig update already applied?

The Flash

Banned

If I have it preloaded it unlocks at 12am EST this time? Not like that dumb PST destiny bullshit?

And if I have it preloaded does that mean I have that day one 20gig update already applied?

Yes to the first part. As of today, no to the second.

And it will be glorious! God, I'm so freaking excited. Not just for the MCC, but for that first look at Halo 5.

Yes to the first, but the 20 gig update isn't out yet. Should be in the next couple of days, though.

RowdyReverb

Or going digital and playing it even earlier. Preloading is fucking great.

I already have it downloaded. What's all this about playing it early? How do you find out when it's playable in your time zone?
Edit: nvm, saw Tawp's post. Looks like I get it at 11pm instead of midnight.

I believe so, and yes, as long as your console is in an "always listening" state, it should auto update. (Although I wish we could manually grab patches!)

EDIT: Beaten, badly.

RowdyReverb

Ugh, just found out I'm on call for launch night :(
At least it means I'm off on the 11th though, but I will be too sleep deprived to be competitive online. Campaign first then!

Sephzilla

6 more sleeps (assuming you're staying up for midnight launch)

That reminds me, I need to bug my local Gamestop about the MCC midnight launch. The manager there confirmed they're doing a midnight launch, but I need to see if it's actually going to be a 12am launch or if it's going to be earlier in the night (my GS does that sometimes).

If it's actually midnight, I'm going to try to talk him into doing a 10pm launch instead since a) the digital copy unlocks at 11pm our time and not midnight and b) a 10pm launch will help the physical buyers get a jumpstart on that patch.

The boss at my gamestop is pretty cool, so he might just do that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Basically, with the added twist of putting the ball in the big center area by the purple grav lift, taking the high ground, and then slaughtering said scrubs as they sprint, jetpack, and sometimes crouch walk back to the killing zone over and over and over.
Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

m23

I barely have enough room for MCC in my internal HDD. Even after moving stuff I don't play much to an external, I have about 70GB left on the internal HDD.

m23

I just picked up Sunset Overdrive to hold me over until next week. Is the co-op any good in that game?

It's pretty fun. Consists of joining 7 other people and doing about 4-5 small game modes followed by a horde mode at the end. The horde mode can get pretty damn intense with shit flying everywhere. It's balanced for 6 or more people, go with any less and its pretty much impossible.

RowdyReverb

I actually liked Forge World: Asylum. Only issue was that it had that ugly green gray forge thing going on. Also, Solace was probably my favorite H4 map for team objective.

Sephzilla

I wonder how much salt there would be if Guardian somehow got ranked higher than Lockout or Blood Gulch

I'd be salty as fuck, because Guardian is overrated

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
At IGN headquarters Ryan is like "Well, we know Lockout and Blood Gulch will be 1 and 2 on our list. Let's just take all the other maps, throw them in a hat and go from their."

Top Bottom