• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Choice quotes:

"I especially liked its [Reach's] multiplayer engine, I thought it was really interesting and cool."

"Its [Sword Base] got really interesting lines of sight"

"Why isn't this in Master Chief collection?"

"It definitely has its own identity"

"Its got a lot of the smart stuff like playing to the strength of the way your character moves"

"Characteristic of a halo map that's kind of well thought out"

"I just remember a lot of interesting BATTLE RIFLE fights on this map"

"A few seconds they might be on the other side of the map, it's neat"

"People could truly come from any direction"

"I would classify this map as mid- to long-range"

Again the patch is literally 1/3 of the total game. I understand that the ui is stopping them from putting it on a second disc but when there is MP content not on a disc but as a mandatory download, still rubs me the wrong way.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So are we getting a Cragmire remake in MCC then?
My neighbor's step-mom's grandmother's final wishes were for a Halo 3 demake of Cragmire, and Fyrewulff pledged on his Halo Honor that he would do it. I was there, it's true. You're a good man, FW.

Choice quotes:

"I especially liked its [Reach's] multiplayer engine, I thought it was really interesting and cool."

"Its got a lot of the smart stuff like playing to the strength of the way your character moves"

lmao

#61 - Standoff
#63 - The Cage

tumblr_inline_mnl0c33fx01qz4rgp.gif

Rev3rb

Choice quotes:

"I would classify this map as mid- to long-range"

my sides, they hurt

• Boardwalk
  • Boneyard
  • Countdown
  • Forge World
  • Powerhouse
  • Reflection
  • Spire
  • Sword Base
  • Zealot
These were the Reach launch maps. Painful. 4 Halo games from Bungie before Reach and millions of hours played in multiplayer, and this is what we got for launch. There needs to be a serious emphasis on multiplayer maps for Halo 5 both for launch and DLC, including its pricing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If Paradiso makes top 50 I will blacklist IGN's servers on my router.
Oh god.

That's one of the few truly terrible, go-AFK-and-make-a-sandwich maps in Halo history. I can tolerate many bad maps, but not that one.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
damn I thought MP was allowed to be broadcast today, I was looking forward to watching :(

Pretty sure I got a grenade kill through that a few times, been too long to remember well.

4 new maps today (SP) and MP tomorrow, i thought.

patch is probably dropping late night (12 AM UTC if i were to guess)

FyreWulff

The IT remake felt like it was inserted into the campaign for the sake of it. You were in and out and it barely registers.

Yep. Because that's actually why it's there.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive37.pl?read=1092907

SonofMacPhisto: Can you think of any reason why the geometry (ed: for Club Errera) is essentially Crater, from ODST? I was thinking about that yesterday, as I played through it, and I couldn't remember if Wu has an affinity for Crater or some other completely different reason why it would be so designed.

And also, wouldn't you agree Club Errera would make an absolutely CRAZY Firefight map? ;)

dmiller:
New Alexandria had about 1/2 of the development time that all of the other levels had and it was MASSIVE. I basically had to choose which of the three buildings would be unique geometry and then figure out what the other two buildings would be. We had Crater from ODST- ported over and it did everything I needed it to do to for the mission- plus I love Crater (I helped design it for ODST). Ivory Tower was basically a situation where if no other mission designer would use it for their levels it would not ship- so I made it work :)

[/trivia]

AlStrong

I want this.

:) Decided to pre-order.. guess it'll be joining my collection of Palmer, Noble 6 & Jorge. :p

However, I think the hand guards are the weakest part (I prefer the H3 version of the glove) - H2 version is just too... I dunno, sharp & rectangular. It just didn't look like it had enough polygons in the game either. The H3 gloves had more depth to it along the sides, plus I like the triangular design more. But anyways, the paint job seems pretty kick ass here.

:) Decided to pre-order.. guess it'll be joining my collection of Palmer, Noble 6 & Jorge. :p

However, I think the hand guards are the weakest part (I prefer the H3 version of the glove) - H2 version is just too... I dunno, sharp & rectangular. It just didn't look like it had enough polygons in the game either. The H3 gloves had more depth to it along the sides, plus I like the triangular design more. But anyways, the paint job seems pretty kick ass here.

I want to drop money on it, but with Jurassic World coming out next year I need to save my nerding out cash for all the inevitable cool Dinosaur stuff.

Top Bottom