• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

The Flash

Banned
I need a 1080p version of this for a wallpaper

81eHeD5iPGL._SX522_.jpg

Impala26

Complex might be Top 50, let that sink in.

While I ended up hating Ragnarok pretty hard (this was probably due to the Halo 4 Sandbox because I always loved the hell outta Valhalla in H3), no map instilled as much hate and ire to me in H4 multi as Complex. I NEVER had fun playing on this map.

Well, I shouldn't say never because my fondest H4 clip happened on this map where I knew someone was camping around a corner of the mid-base with a rocket, I strafe in with Hard Light shield up, he shoots and the rocket deflects back at him and leaves me unscathed.

Otherwise, seriously though, FUCK COMPLEX.

I wish that Halo 2 Anniversary keyart was used as the foreground of the MCC boxart, with the backdrop showcasing the other games in a stylized yet simplistic manner much like the games actual box art.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Right at 50 people last time I counted, unless I counted wrong.
The order it's it is:
GAMERTAG (GAF profile) Country (time zone)

I was bothered and have too much time.
Code:
 [U]GamerTag[/U]        [U]NeoGAF + Zone[/U]
MIXMASTERCHlEF 	(Mix) USA (CST)
VisceralBowl 	(VisceralBowl) USA (PST)
BigSolar 	(Antigoon)
Welfare Queen I (Welfare) USA (EST)
Ninjarage93 	(Ryn) USA (PST)
Vin FTW 	(VinFTW)
Ragnarok Flames (Ragnarok Flames)
xGranadier 	(Granadier) USA (CST)
Poodlestrike 	(Poodlestrike) USA (EST)
wwm0nkey 	(wwm0nkey)
ArchedThunder 	(ArchedThunder) USA (MT)
BlueNinja BE 	(Blue Ninja) BE (CET)
Deer Man 420 	(MasterChef420)
IHaveAnIce 	(IHaveIce) Germany
a zoojoo        (aHebrewMenagerie) USA (CST)
Monsterfracas 	(Fracas) USA (CST) 
Agent Strange 	(The Flash) USA (EST)
GringoSuave89 	(GringoSuave89) USA (MT)
l Hobokiller l 	(rrc1594)
JHFerry3 	(jhferry) USA (EST)
TCKaos          (TCKaos) USA (CST)
Mr Glassboy 	(Glassboy) USA (CST)
gAg CruSh3r 	(gAg CruSh3r) USA (MT)
NFotos 	        (Fotos)
Japarikan 	(Japarican) USA (EST)
iL MeanBean Li 	(Jem0208) UK
Sikamikanico 	(Sikamikanico) UK (GMT)
Sir Fahzgoolin 	(Fahzgoolin) USA (CST)
LeadGandalf 	(Gandie) EU
Wahrer 	        (Subzero at a starbucks) USA (EST)
iiSaviour 	(StaticJam) USA (EST)
GrizzNKev 	(GrizzNKev) USA (PST)
HGStormy 	(HGStormy) USA (PST)
BattingTITAN 	(Ohwiseone) USA (CST)
Vlad356 	(Computron) USA (CST)
cluckinho10 	(cluckinho) USA (CST)
beamimpact 	(BeamImpact) USA 
BigEvilTurtle 	(BigEvilTurtle) USA (EST)
Ominym 	        (Ominym) USA (CST)
Lpwnsome 	(JackHerer) USA (EST)
TXC Predacon 	(yingyangryder) JA (JST)
Total Sacrifice (Blueblur1) USA (EST)
BladedExpert    (BladedExpert) UK (GMT)
Der Flatulator6 (Der Flatulator) AU (AEDT)
ViewtifulJC 	(ViewtifulJC) USA (CST)
Calm Killer 	(Calm Killer) USA (EST) 
FUBAR McDangles (FUBAR McDangles) USA (CST)
The Tharp Daddy (TharpDaddy) USA (EST)
Digmouse 	(SmartWaffles) CN (CST) 
XxDeputyMoonman (Deputy Moonman) USA (CST)

edit: I'll turn this into a Google doc tonight that you can link to if you'd like Mix. Otherwise if you have it figured out for the OT let me know.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Complex was one of the better maps in Halo 4. Let that sink in.

Ragnarok > Valhalla because DMR > BR

H2A is in dire need of a single shot, human utility rifle with 2x zoom, 12 shots, semi auto, low aim assist, 4sk.

jem0208

Just noticed this:

"It’s a very skewed map and it's one of those where I feel like the lower team is always at a significant disadvantage. It’s a very monotone color palette in terms of everything that’s gone in there. I think there’s interesting things you can do in the space in Forge but that map in particular is very one-sided which is again why you don’t really see it in matchmaking." -Kynan Pearson

Kynan was actually negative about one of the maps.

I wish that Halo 2 Anniversary keyart was used as the foreground of the MCC boxart, with the backdrop showcasing the other games in a stylized yet simplistic manner much like the games actual box art.

I'll need to print my own cover art anyway, mine's gonna have German all over it. :'(

Ein Bear

Bringing back the Arbiter is all kinds of awesome, but everything about Locke is so painfully boring.

Imagine if the Halo 5 boxart was exactly the same, but had the Arbiter instead of Locke. My hype for the game would be about a thousand times stronger.

yea im cool with people posting links to stuff, but can we not post screenshots/gifs of the new cinematics? especially the intro/ender ones. pls

Oh, shit. He looks great!

I'm not a fan of Lockes design. Looks too much like a random Halo 4 armor set. I still think Reach did a great job giving Spartans armor with personality.

Locke looks cool to me, but I don't how his visor glows light blue all the time. Don't understand why that would be a thing.

Madness

This is what I was talking about in the ViDoc, Keith David just delivers his lines perfectly. Mike Colter is a fine actor, but he doesn't have the range someone like a Keith David has when doing voice over work. Maybe it's also unfamiliarity since we aren't used to Locke's voice. But there is a reason Keith David, John DiMaggio, Jennifer Hale get paid the big bucks to do voice over work.

Can't wait for this game to release. Just all the new stuff, Nightfall, the Halo 5 beta. Only one week to go.

This is what I was talking about in the ViDoc, Keith David just delivers his lines perfectly. Mike Colter is a fine actor, but he doesn't have the range someone like a Keith David has when doing voice over work. Maybe it's also unfamiliarity since we aren't used to Locke's voice. But there is a reason Keith David, John DiMaggio, Jennifer Hale get paid the big bucks to do voice over work.

Can't wait for this game to release. Just all the new stuff, Nightfall, the Halo 5 beta. Only one week to go.

I think familiarity is a big part of it. I thought Reach voice acting was pretty awkward but as it progressed I became more accustomed to the voices coming out of the other spartans.

AlStrong

So... got around to listening to the itunes samples of the H2A OST. It generally seems to be good. I think it's a better handling than CEA was.

The weakest by far IMHO is "Arise in Valor" - very weak percussions makes it lose the feeling the original conduction had (played during the closing cut-scene of Gravemind level)*. Maybe the sound mixing is off, but I couldn't even hear the drums in the H2A version.

A bit odd to see Siege of Madrigal redux in there as well, not that I'm complaining.

edit:

* ~3:48 into High Charity Suite or ~2:52 into Delta Halo Suite on H2 OST Vol 2.

Top Bottom