• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Don't ruin it for yourselves guys. This stuff is under an NDA for a reason.

It's 6 days away.

Eh, the footage was pretty much as close as you can get to barn-tier without actually being shot in a barn (pausing all the time for no reason, super-sketchy audio, 360p). I feel fairly unspoiled.

6 days!

I watched them but had no idea what I was looking at. They were cutscenes from halo 5 that are going to be revealed in 6 days? Or was it something from MCC? Or both?

Seems to be footage from the bookend cutscenes. Might be with Halo 5 assets :)

iMax

I disagree, but that's personal opinion. I always found it jarring because it lacked solid mid-range battle areas. Everything was either in-your-face CQB or long-range DMR/sniper. Oh hell and let's throw a Ghost on the map, "just cause".

If DMR's were so god-damn EASY (aim assist, bullet magnetism) then it probably be a decent map, but it never rose to its full potential to me.

I mostly enjoyed playing Flood matches on Complex and pushing my teammates off the tower. Fun times.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do we still not know what the third H2A forge palette is? That's kinda weird.

1. Zenith Skybox
2. Ocean / Islands
3. ???

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Don't ruin it for yourselves guys. This stuff is under an NDA for a reason.

It's 6 days away.

Nobody involved has signed any NDA's. Broken street dates in Brazil and Mexico is the fault here.

I'll not look at spoilers if you don't look at or play that early copy of the game. :p

When the horses have left the stable...

I posted the links here knowing full well the MS ninjas lurk. I expect them to nab them down.

-Ryn

Banned
Arbiters new hat looks like a centipede. Less is more Arby! Less is MORE!

Right at 50 people last time I counted, unless I counted wrong.
The order it's it is:
GAMERTAG (GAF profile) Country (time zone)
That is damn sexy.

Thanks Dani for the link.

Bird #1
Bird #2

parrot_dance.gif
Based OddOne

Ohhh god... I really want to watch it... but I don't want to spoil...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Arbiter's new helmet is purely ceremonial, or a flashy helmet for casual wear...? I don't know, I just really don't want to it to be part of his new main armor. Looks dorky as hell.

Edit : I don't even remember there being a halo in Halo 4, lol. I only played the campaign twice, though.

CliQ

UbsWhTo.jpg

I fully expect this match to be about an hour (depending on how balanced teams are). That's why it's only one game. I plan to do more epic matches like this if things go well the first time around. I will do a different map and gametype every week (looking for requests).

If you would like to play in the match send me a PM with your GT and i'll add you to the list.

Here are the people signed up so far.

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

If you are on this list please send me a new PM with your GT and what you think your skill level is on a scale of 1-10 for this map and gametype. That way I can try and balance teams.

This should be a lot of fun and look forward to throwing down with everyone!

jem0208

UbsWhTo.jpg

I fully expect this match to be about an hour (depending on how balanced teams are). That's why it's only one game. I plan to do more epic matches like this if things go well the first time around. I will do a different map and gametype every week (looking for requests).

If you would like to play in the match send me a PM with your GT and i'll add you to the list.

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

If you are on this list please send me a new PM with your GT and what you think your skill level is on a scale of 1-10 for this map and gametype. That way I can try and balance teams.

If it wasn't at 3am on a Sunday I'd be up for it!

MORTALIS

UbsWhTo.jpg

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

If you can dream it you can stream it!

plz

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, maybe I can find a general time that works for everyone around the world. Could be tough though.
Tell me about it. This has been a hard one for me when planning the tournament (which is gonna go on a lot longer than one hour).

CliQ

If you can dream it you can stream it!

plz

I will be streaming. Also, if anyone else streams or captures the game I would appreciate you sending me your perspective of the whole game. I would like to put a video together of the highlights!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Even for all of H4's story issues I thought it was pretty obvious. Like, the location around 03 looks nothing like the location around 05.

yeah yeah myyyyy bad

actually rewatched the cutscenes and cortana does specify lol

just had it in my mind that the asteroids could have been landmass from the slipspace jump in halo 2

CliQ

Oh my god, this is amazing. I was putting this off for so long. I'm stealing it exactly as is for the OT. Thank you good sir!

I sent you my GT earlier but don't see my name. In case you missed it...

GT: xCliQuEx EST USA

jem0208

Well, maybe I can find a general time that works for everyone around the world. Could be tough though.
Yeah, it can be very problematic and I don't blame you.

I've had experience trying to organise this type of this, time zones are bloody frustrating.

jem0208

Tell me about it. This has been a hard one for me when planning the tournament (which is gonna go on a lot longer than one hour).

Maybe split it up over a few days? Have some matches which fit better for certain time zones then other matches for other time zones. Make it quite flexible so people can find a time which suits them.

I admit it'll be harder to organise but a lot more people might be able to play that way.

-Ryn

Banned
UbsWhTo.jpg

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

I won't be able to make it this time around but once I get my Xbone I'd love to join if you host more.

wwm0nkey

UbsWhTo.jpg

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

Works love to do this but I'm going to be doing a Mega Man marathon at a arcade that day :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe split it up over a few days? Have some matches which fit better for certain time zones then other matches for other time zones. Make it quite flexible so people can find a time which suits them.

I admit it'll be harder to organise but a lot more people might be able to play that way.
I've considered that, and it's not too late to make it happen, but I'm not sure it's the best option. Some people will be excluded no matter what, unfortunately. :-\

CliQ

Let me see how successful this first one goes and if it's all good then maybe i'll host different game at different times. We'll see!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh my god, this is amazing. I was putting this off for so long. I'm stealing it exactly as is for the OT. Thank you good sir!

Anytime. If you need it laid out different at all before posting send me a PM.

FYI, everyone that is PM'ing me, Mix is still taking care of the list. Blow up his inbox instead.

The Flash

Banned
Just finished Sunset Overdrive. Barring a few games I got during the Steam Halloween sale, MCC news and footage has my full attention for the next 6 days.

Madness

Not to try and tell you what to do, or insult EU/Aus-HaloGAF, but it would've been easier to have separate tournaments. Time zone and distance is a huge factor. Have NA peeps in their own tournament, EU peeps in their own, and then maybe have the winners of each area play each other. It's just too tough having several matches with guys thousands of miles apart and nearly 8+ hours ahead or behind.

But it's cool, it's only for fun. First one is always toughest to organize. I probably won't participate until I know I can still play decently at the game.

jem0208

Let me see how successful this first one goes and if it's all good then maybe i'll host different game at different times. We'll see!
It would be really cool to play.

Sadly, it's obviously not very feasible at that time.

Early evening EST would probably be the latest, about 11pm or 12am GMT, 3 or 4pm PST.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not to try and tell you what to do, or insult EU/Aus-HaloGAF, but it would've been easier to have separate tournaments. Time zone and distance is a huge factor. Have NA peeps in their own tournament, EU peeps in their own, and then maybe have the winners of each area play each other. It's just too tough having several matches with guys thousands of miles apart and nearly 8+ hours ahead or behind.

But it's cool, it's only for fun. First one is always toughest to organize. I probably won't participate until I know I can still play decently at the game.
Who says that's not happening?
It's not, lol.

I think many people outside of North America will have a hard time participating because of what time of day it is. Which sucks, but there's not many options. If folks want to organize separate tournaments, that'd be cool. Tournaments aren't too much trouble to organize, really, and I'd be happy to assist anyone who wants to do that.

Also, the tournament won't be till December 13 (yup, that's official). You'll have time to get your skills back if you want to participate.

Hoping I'll be available to participate in some of these Customs, but my friends and I have been waiting a longgggggg time for this reunion, so it might be difficult lol.

belushy

Banned
MP embargo is up tomorrow, right? Who was the person who said they were gonna stream the new forge canvas?

edit: I'm blind I think, just saw that the posts above me are asking the same thing... whoops

Top Bottom