• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Welfare

Playing Halo CE over XBL is going to blow my mind. Now I won't be restricted to beating my bro over and over again.

^Also hyped for competitive Halo's return

I dug the Arbiter's new armor. For all we know it's traditional Elite armor. Maybe they're trying to reestablish parts of their culture now that they're no longer with the Covenant?

Or I'm reading too much into it.

Sikamikanico said the 5th at 1700 GMT, so I think that is noon est tomorrow.

Nearly. This was all dependant on the patch, but its not here yet. Multiplayer can be streamed when they say it can, basically. I think they want us to wait for everything to go live first though.

I will be doing a Forge stream AFTER the first 2 hour multiplayer stream at 2000hrs GMT if the patch is out for me to do so. :) I will pop in here and let people know when shit is about to go live.

Me waiting for the patch:

SfHzt3H.gif

I dug the Arbiter's new armor. For all we know it's traditional Elite armor. Maybe they're trying to reestablish parts of their culture now that they're no longer with the Covenant?

Or I'm reading too much into it.

Nah, you're probably right. Visually it's closer to the Arbiter armor than most elite suits, more organic.

I didn't do any of the side missions so I probably finished sooner than most. The game is very hard to put down though. My GOTY easily.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun. My current plan is to head into each district, get enough stuff to buy the maps, get all the sidequests done and then progress. I'm just gonna get so distracted by you guys all playing MCC a couple of days ahead of me. :'(

CliQ

UbsWhTo.jpg

I fully expect this match to be about an hour (depending on how balanced teams are). That's why it's only one game. I plan to do more epic matches like this if things go well the first time around. I will do a different map and gametype every week (looking for requests).

If you would like to play in the match send me a PM with your GT and relative skill level (1-10 Scale) so I can add you to the list.

This should be a lot of fun and look forward to throwing down with everyone!

I'll keep this list updated as we go but so far here are the current signups.

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer

Computer

Might be very hard to find a MP game tomorrow considering the amount of playlist compared to how many review copies are in the wild.

which of those lists is up to date now?

UbsWhTo.jpg

Here are the people signed up so far.

Cliq
BladedExpert
Poodlestrike
Ohwiseone
BeamImpact

I'll keep this list updated as we go but so far here are the current
xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer

id rate myself as 5/10
havent played CE for like 4-5 years now, so ill give myself a cautious average rating :)

CliQ

which of those lists is up to date now?

UbsWhTo.jpg

id rate myself as 5/10
havent played CE for like 4-5 years now, so ill give myself a cautious average rating :)

I added you back into the list. Here is the up-to-date list.

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer
Beamimpact

We're allowed to stream new levels starting tomorrow night, so I'll be doing that on Twitch and YouTube in 1080p / 60fps.
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: The Silent Cartographer and Halo
- Halo 2: Anniversary: Gravemind and Prophet of Regret
- Halo 3: Sierra 117 and Floodgate
- Halo 4: Infinity and Forerunner

I think that's absolutely the case.

darthbob

We're allowed to stream new levels starting tomorrow night, so I'll be doing that on Twitch and YouTube in 1080p / 60fps.
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: The Silent Cartographer and Halo
- Halo 2: Anniversary: Gravemind and Prophet of Regret
- Halo 3: Sierra 117 and Floodgate
- Halo 4: Infinity and Forerunner

I think that's absolutely the case.

Regret is a good level to showcase next. Definitely looking forward to seeing the boss fight lol

Just watched the leak did anyone else notice
that there are 3 other spartans with Locke? One with a red visor and lights, one with pink and one with green.
Also since this scene is post Halo 4 I hope it means this is what Elites will look like in 5.

Ghazi

Looks like MS is being super aggressive in taking those vids down, don't blame them, but I don't remember seeing responses that quick to so many videos. I'm sure it exists on Vimeo or Dailymotion by now, though.

Seeing as they removed a ton of them, though, I'll probably just wait it out.

that there are 3 other spartans with Locke? One with a red visor and lights, one with pink and one with green.
Also since this scene is post Halo 4 I hope it means this is what Elites will look like in 5.

Yeah, I noticed that. Makes sense that
Locke would have a team.

And ditto on the
Elites thing. I've heard that the bookends are using Halo 5 assets, though I have no idea where, so we may be in luck :D.

Kibbles

So I posted a couple days ago about H2V feeling weird, but I just went to h2pc.org/update and got that and oh my god it feels great, much more responsive now and feels just like back in the day. I'm relived to find out it wasn't the fps or Xbox One controller that was making me suck so bad. That update made the framerate a lot better (it was stuttery before for me for some reason) and the H2Classic FoV mode, which please tell me will be in H2A because it's a lot better than the PC FoV. That may have been the biggest thing that made me feel back and home after I downloaded that update. Since Halo 2 Xbone is a port of Vista I'm worried it's the same FoV, which is oddly lower than on the Xbox.

Fotos

So I posted a couple days ago about H2V feeling weird, but I just went to h2pc.org/update and got that and oh my god it feels great now and feels just like back in the day. I'm relived to find out it wasn't the fps or Xbox One controller that was making me suck so bad. That update made the framerate a lot better (it was stuttery before for me for some reason) and the H2Classic FoV mode, which please tell me will be in H2A because it's a lot better than the PC FoV, this may have been the biggest thing that made me feel back and home after I downloaded that update.

downloaded that update a while back and for some reason my game doesn't have sound anymore. whhat

Deception

I'll keep this list updated as we go but so far here are the current signups.

xCliQuEx
xGranadier
Welfare Queen I
Poodlestrike
MizzouRah88
The Tharp Daddy
Kaizen Gamer

add me i'm down
GT: Jayrme D

Link plz?

ElRenoRaven

Wait what? What are you talking about? I'm out of the loop.

darthbob

So I posted a couple days ago about H2V feeling weird, but I just went to h2pc.org/update and got that and oh my god it feels great, much more responsive now and feels just like back in the day. I'm relived to find out it wasn't the fps or Xbox One controller that was making me suck so bad. That update made the framerate a lot better (it was stuttery before for me for some reason) and the H2Classic FoV mode, which please tell me will be in H2A because it's a lot better than the PC FoV. That may have been the biggest thing that made me feel back and home after I downloaded that update. Since Halo 2 Xbone is a port of Vista I'm worried it's the same FoV, which is oddly lower than on the Xbox.

I can't get it to work. I try to launch H2V, it asks me to login or something and I hit register then it wants to launch H2V and then the game crashes.

It's on his Twitch as well: http://www.twitch.tv/pg_aykkon/b/585260734

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been watching some pro CS:GO tournament streams recently and it stood out to me how much easier it is to follow matches than it ever was in Halo. So here's some thing I pretty much ripped straight out of CS:GO's spectator mode that I'd like to see incorporated into Halo Channel:

1. Outline for enemy and friendly players so you can see them when they're behind objects
2. Top-down view of either part of or the entire the map in the bottom left. (radar isn't used in competitive anyway)
3. Gamertag at the bottom middle.
4. No scoring in-game as it's already displayed in the overlay.
5. No timer in-game and move it to the overlay. (add round count if needed)
6. No event feed as it's already displayed in the overlay.
7. Colorize the names and teams in the event feed.
8. Replace "was killed by" in the event feed with weapons that were used. (not shown in the picture)

Hell, if you really wanted to you could probably put the overview of the map at the top left and move or not display the map name and gametype. Maybe put the name of the player we're currently watching below the timer or something too. That would really clear up some space on the screen in-game.

I was about to come on here and start defending complex, but then i realized i was thinking of construct from halo 3 lol. I had to look up complex to remember which map people were hating on; I support this hate.

CliQ

I've been watching some pro CS:GO tournament streams recently and it stood out to me how much easier it is to follow matches than it ever was in Halo. So here's some thing I pretty much ripped straight out of CS:GO's spectator mode that I'd like to see incorporated into Halo Channel:

1. Outline for enemy and friendly players so you can see them when they're behind objects
2. Top-down view of either part of or the entire the map in the bottom left. (radar isn't used in competitive anyway)
3. Gamertag at the bottom middle.
4. No scoring in-game as it's already displayed in the overlay.
5. No timer in-game and move it to the overlay. (add round count if needed)
6. No event feed as it's already displayed in the overlay.
7. Colorize the names and teams in the event feed.
8. Replace "was killed by" in the event feed with weapons that were used. (not shown in the picture)

Hell, if you really wanted to you could probably put the overview of the map at the top left and move or not display the map name and gametype. Maybe put the name of the player we're currently watching below the timer or something too. That would really clear up some space on the screen in-game.

Having a CSGO style spectator would be amazing. I also love their replay game system. You can go back and watch games of pros with full free roam with the same highlights. It even has a laser beam showing you were the players are aiming. It's really just the best system in any shooter by far.

Top Bottom