• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Dear God if this is true:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ay/d259b03a-b24d-4d9a-ba55-7f7733c25f23/posts

R.I.P. Halo.

I'm sure it's fake but the possibility of it being true still scurrs me.

psdjOgY.gif

Yeah, that sounds super fake. They've been pretty freaking clear about loadouts, for one thing, and they didn't leave much room for doubt. Every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team. Not a ton of wiggle room there.

Yeah, that sounds super fake. They've been pretty freaking clear about loadouts, for one thing, and they didn't leave much room for doubt. Every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team. Not a ton of wiggle room there.

there is tons of room for doubt. i mean they said there wouldn't be perks in Halo 4 but hey... there were.

and bungie thought loadouts were balanced... nope.

its all about what they say vs what gets presented. Halo reach Game informer article and Halo 4 GI article are prime examples.

there is tons of room for doubt. i mean they said there wouldn't be perks in Halo 4 but hey... there were.

and bungie thought loadouts were balanced... nope.

its all about what they say vs what gets presented. Halo reach Game informer article and Halo 4 GI article are prime examples.

Yeah, but then they used the whole "technically they're not perks" crap. What I'm saying is that "every member of the red team starts the same as every member of the blue team" doesn't have the same sort of ambiguity that "no perks" or "no loadouts" would have. There is, of course, the possibility that that was just an outright fabrication, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah, but then they used the whole "technically they're not perks" crap. What I'm saying is that "every member of the red team starts the same as every member of the blue team" doesn't have the same sort of ambiguity that "no perks" or "no loadouts" would have. There is, of course, the possibility that that was just an outright fabrication, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah but it could be referencing the Spartan themselves. The Spartans could be the same as far as abilities go but "fair starts" could mean "balanced weapon sets." I'm going with Ragnarok's mentality on this one. There is room for ambiguity or crucial details left out. Max Hobermann thinks the weapon sets present in
H2A is balanced. Yikes.

Yeah but it could be referencing the Spartan themselves. The Spartans could be the same as far as abilities go but "fair starts" could mean "balanced weapon sets." I'm going with Ragnarok's mentality on this one. There is room for ambiguity or crucial details left out. Max Hobermann thinks the weapon sets present in
H2A is balanced. Yikes.

It doesn't say "fair starts," though. It says "the same." Not even "effectively the same," but "the same." Where's the ambiguity there?

It doesn't say "fair starts," though. It says "the same." Not even "effectively the same," but "the same." Where's the ambiguity there?

Sorry if I'm incorrect but it was said in the video about the beta. I'm on my phone so I can't reference it too easily.

EDIT: "fair starts"..." no one is going to have different loadouts"... "every member from blue team is going to be the same as every member of the red team."

I didn't recall the "no load out differences." that's cool

Sorry if I'm incorrect but it was said in the video about the beta. I'm on my phone so I can't reference it too easily.

Huh. We were both right.

Quinn DelHoyo:
“Small maps that are really tailored to 4v4 combat. We’ve also got fair starts. What that means is, no one is going to have a different loadout than the other person. Every member on Red Team is going to be the same as every member of Blue Team.”

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Or about 500 floppies.Your pick.

For a nominal fee of $5.99 Microsoft will also stream it to you through their single, 56kb modem. This will only take 36 days.

edit: fun fact. If they gave out HD 3.5 floppies for the CU, it would take 13,889 of them to hold the whole thing.
That would mean the CU would weigh 520 lbs
or roughly as much as your mom.

Just want to double check before I buy MCC tomorrow..

Are there currently any deals for digital MS dollars that could save me money of the digital copy of MCC?

The Flash

Banned
For a nominal fee of $5.99 Microsoft will also stream it to you through their single, 56kb modem. This will only take 36 days.

edit: fun fact. If they gave out HD 3.5 floppies for the CU, it would take 13,889 of them to hold the whole thing.
That would mean the CU would weigh 520 lbs
or roughly as much as your mom.

1v1 me, m8

So I don't have to scratch a part of my disc to exclude Halo 3 and Halo 4?
Yeah, but here it means that "every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team," and that "no one is going to have a different loadout than the other person."

:p
But every member having the same loadout options is "every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team" and "no one is going to have a different loadout than the other person." So as long as everyone has the same choices like in Reach, that won't be a lie.

So I don't have to scratch a part of my disc to exclude Halo 3 and Halo 4?

But every member having the same loadout options is "every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team" and "no one is going to have a different loadout than the other person." So as long as everyone has the same choices like in Reach, that won't be a lie.

No, it would be, since players would be starting with different loadouts. They'd all be presented with the same set of loadout options, but the end result could still be different, like that one guy who mains an AR because reasons. Plus, even if they use weaselwords on the loadouts bit ("They're weapon sets!"), it'd still introduce the possibility for a member of the blue team to be different from either another member of his own team or a member of the red team.

Fair starts could mean that everyone spawns witha jetpack, or armor lock or ground pound. Or you could have fair starts and still have a "killstreak" system that rewards the player with a ground pound, a weapon, or some other ability.

I'm just saying, "fair starts" can mean a lot of things...

Oh, yeah. It could still be a shitty game, no doubt, but I'm just arguing that spawn state is going to be universal, is all.

And I still think Ground Pound could work :p

Top Bottom