• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Yeah, but here it means that "every member of the red team is the same as every member of the blue team," and that "no one is going to have a different loadout than the other person."

:p

Yup. Poodle speaking truth. UNLESS! It means no load outs but weapon sets are in and fair starts are said weapon sets. The same member could still possibly mean same abilities. I would obviously favor the straight forward interpretation but... You know how it can go.

If that's true in the end I will give up on listening and become a Ragnarok student.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
1v1 me, m8

Let's go

w3tE5co.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really get the point of a ground pound. Sounds totally stupid to me. But I also haven't seen it, which will probably change once HaloFest hits!

Mix

Biggy was totally right in his concern though, fair starts can mean that everyone has a fair chance to choose what AA they want from a gametype specific list once through into the game. In some ways, Halo: Reach was fair starts. Everyone had the same list of loadouts that could not be modified, so in that rite, it was fair.

This has been said by others before, so I wasn't too worried, but good to hear again.

Though, I will point out, this doesn't disprove the alleged leak. Those described Spartan Abilities are not AA's, so they could still very well be accurate.

Well this makes the "leak" more or less inaccurate and therefore untrustworthy.

Mix

They could be cool!

could

could

I'll always play Halo, halo 6, 7, 21, etc at the very least for the campaign, but if the multiplayer isn't any good, I'll just come back to the MCC. I'm set for friggin' life at this point.

Madness

It sounds good, but I will say that giving everyone the same annoying ability doesn't exactly fix the problem.

True. But it goes a long way in removing the randomness from the matches. This way, someone can't just get camo and pick up sniper, someone else just can't jetpack. It removes a lot of the fights being decided in the menus and not the battlefield.

Ideally, I'd rather not have Spartan abilities, but I know a lot of people here wanted things like universal thrust, so you never know.

Well this makes the "leak" more or less inaccurate and therefore untrustworthy.

I just remember when Halo 4 info leaked, some of the information was improperly conveyed, 343 shot that part down and the community assumed they were shooting down the whole thing. When the rest turned out to be true people freaked, said they lied, but in reality they didn't.

I guess I am preparing for anything, and can't help but notice the timing of that tweet and how it selectively only talks about fair starts. It's also possible the leak is fake, but the spartan abilities part is close enough to true that fully shutting it down would make people assume they lied.

Like I said, I'm just mentally prepping for whatever comes.

They could be cool!

could

Honestly this news is so overwhelmingly positive to me that I'm optimistic toward these abilities. Spartans are supposed to be swift.

I hear ya. That's reasonable. Honestly its looking optimistic though. A true beta test. They are listening (that tweet was mercifully well timed), and they care about good competition. I'm excited for what's coming. Haven't been this way since Halo 3.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fantastic episode. Made better by the fact that Ron Leibman (Ron Cadillac) is actually married to Jessica Walter (Mallory Archer).

I also vote for "It's just like the old gypsy woman said!"

“I swear to god, you could drown a toddler in my panties right now!"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly this news is so overwhelmingly positive to me that I'm optimistic toward these abilities. Spartans are supposed to be swift.
He didn't say anything that hasn't already been said, but yeah, it's good to hear it again. I'm not sure what swiftness has anything to do with what Josh Holmes is talking about, though? Edit : Or what it has to do with the speculated spartan abilities.

I just remember when Halo 4 info leaked, some of the information was improperly conveyed, 343 shot that part down and the community assumed they were shooting down the whole thing. When the rest turned out to be true people freaked, said they lied, but in reality they didn't.

I guess I am preparing for anything, and can't help but notice the timing of that tweet and how it selectively only talks about fair starts. It's also possible the leak is fake, but the spartan abilities part is close enough to true that fully shutting it down would make people assume they lied.

Until someone collaborates this news, I call bullshit. When multiple sources (and more reputable ones at that), I will sweat.

“I swear to god, you could drown a toddler in my panties right now!"
Too many good ones in that show.

Top Bottom