• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Impala26

WARNING, INCOMING NIGHTMARE FUEL!

TediousCleverArmedcrab.gif

My_eyes.gif

Halo 3's looking good!

AlStrong

yet the CE spartans took fall damage

i wonder how many fall damage deaths i'm going to have day one of MCC because i keep forgetting it exists

I miss things like looking down from the bridge in AOTC and then later being on ground level looking up where I just was. Don't get me wrong, there are numerous moments where large-scale is pretty apparent, but maybe nothing quite like AOTC's contrast. Dunno.

Bit of a loss of the sense of scale when using vehicles too.

WARNING, INCOMING NIGHTMARE FUEL!

TediousCleverArmedcrab.gif
v
In Halo 1 it felt like spartans could chuck grenades for miles. It's like grenades gained an extra 60 pounds in Halo 2 and Halo 3
This. Grenade throws received a massive nerf after CE and they've never felt the same. Again, Bungie kept developing a slower, more inconsistent, casual-friendly version of Halo when CE was already accessible with so much depth.

People complain about Halo 4's direction, but they hit the notes on some of the more important elements in my book, like consistency and power in the sandbox; each weapon felt strong, although several redundant which can be improved with unique traits (plasma stun, automatics activating Camo quicker, etc.).

Overdoziz

Banned
v

This. Grenade throws received a massive nerf after CE and they've never felt the same. Again, Bungie kept developing a slower, more inconsistent, casual-friendly version of Halo when CE was already accessible with so much depth.

People complain about Halo 4's direction, but they hit the notes on some of the more important elements in my book, like consistency and power in the sandbox; each weapon felt strong, although several redundant which can be improved with unique traits (plasma stun, automatics activating Camo quicker, etc.).
Halo 1 grenades were fucking terrible.

jem0208

That was pretty damn awesome.

"Over 100 multiplayer maps"

*Shows only clips from H2A and H4*

Jesus Microsoft. Just make a commercial that says "Halo CE multiplayer on Xbox Live for the first time ever" and it will fucking sell itself.

It really wouldn't.

Those who care about CE multiplayer know about the MCC.

Edit: Never mind, he pronounced it "jif"... keep him banned.
You mean the correct way?

Woorloog

Banned
I recall Gamestop having pretty funny Halo ads before.
The ODST Johnson one was pretty funny, as was the camo armor skin pre-order add for Halo 4 (seriously, it was difficult to notice the Spartan with the camo skin).
Can't recall if they had anything for Reach.

Top Bottom