• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I can't even. It's like Christmas, except it's the part where all the fucking presents get put under the tree for you to stare at for fucking days while picturing how god damn awesome it will be.

1UeKr22.gif

i buy my own fucking presents now

#butts
Preloading is like having a present under the tree tho

FyreWulff

checklist

general
- splitscreen layouts

halo 3, 4, and h2a
- see if films can be saved, not just viewed

-halo 3 specific

view a film, see if the debug sequence still works to let you break out of maps

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Panoramic_Camera_Mode

see how long it takes to overload Halo 3. load up Sandbox. Spawn a tripmine pile in Forge. Set it's Max Runtime and Min Runtime to 4 so they continually respawn. Crouch and keep throwing tripmines until everything on the map despawns.

h2a specific

FORGE. EVERYTHING FORGE.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Patch doesn't show up in my queue yet. But my Home console is set to a different one. Maybe that messes with it.

Surprising that they compressed it by 5gb though.

Preloading is like having a present under the tree tho

Ok getting technical this is another present under the tree.

CliQ

I guess I'm a moron but I can't find the patch anywhere on my Xbox. Can someone explain to what I need to do to start downloading the patch?

thank you

The Flash

Banned
I guess I'm a moron but I can't find the patch anywhere on my Xbox. Can someone explain to what I need to do to start downloading the patch?

thank you

Just make sure your console is set to instant on. Things like these sometimes take a while to pop up.

iFirez

Xbox One downloads updates like this while been in standby/off right? As long as it's in instant-on with the download updates and stuff set correctly in settings... yeah?

So, we can assume the current 40GB pre-load install, will be at 55GB once this patch is installed?

EDIT: "Dedis: They're basically hitscan." hahah
Dedis, I maintain, will cure colon cancer.
You need some spicy Pozole in you life guys to recover some skin color
I have Valentina, guess it's not enough.

Can anyone in here good with photoshop make two verisons of this spartan? One red and one blue. Also, if you could keep the transparent background that would be awesome! Thank you!
HCEA-MasterChiefMkV.png

I know people already did it, but I love the practice:

And just because:

Fuck your scroll wheel.

EDIT: hmm that tiny white border is still there. weird.

CliQ

Dedis, I maintain, will cure colon cancer.

I have Valentina, guess it's not enough.

I know people already did it, but I love the practice:

And just because:

Fuck your scroll wheel.

WOW these are perfect! Not to make you doe more work or anything but could you do Yellow and a Green Team color as well. I'm going to use them in my MCC Throwdown Team organizer pictures.

Either way awesome job!

Hellish

Anyone know if you can get banned for playing early? I remember a big thread a while back of a guy posting a picture of his forum name and the xbox 360 case+disc(to prove it was not modded) (forgot which halo) about how he was banned.

JDHarbs

Screw all you people with your digital copies like its 2014 or something. I'm taking my salt and going to be in line at midnight to buy a physical copy 2004-style cuz this is friggin Halo 2 you not real halo fans

i'm sorry. that wasn't nice. preload makes me jelly.

Anyone know if you can get banned for playing early? I remember a big thread a while back of a guy posting a picture of his forum name and the xbox 360 case+disc(to prove it was not modded) (forgot which halo) about how he was banned.
If a store breaks street date and you buy it... Its the store's fault. Just don't fucking brag about it.

ElRenoRaven

Screw all you people with your digital copies like its 2014 or something. I'm taking my salt and going to be in line at midnight to buy a physical copy 2004-style cuz this is friggin Halo 2 you not real halo fans

Would it make you even more jelly to know that not only do preloads get the patch early but we also get to play at midnight eastern? lol

The Flash

Banned

Have fun with that. I'll be in my apartment, snuggled up in my pjs with a bowl of spaghetti waiting for it to unlock at 12:01 EST.

In the PAX version you could mix and match. I imagine you can in the final as well. We'll see Friday.

Really? That's strange, I would assume that the IGN build was new than the PAX build. Maybe it had to be temporarily disabled in the IGN build for some reason and it will come back in the full version. Now I'm oddly more anxious to see if it's in or not.

Wonder why us preloaders haven't gotten the update yet, I guess I'll check in the morning.

ElRenoRaven

Really? That's strange, I would assume that the IGN build was new than the PAX build. Maybe it had to be temporarily disabled in the IGN build for some reason and it will come back in the full version. Now I'm oddly more anxious to see if it's in or not.

Wonder why us preloaders haven't gotten the update yet, I guess I'll check in the morning.

We will. Usually it just takes time for the update to work it's way through the system.

Japarican

Banned

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No one will be there to sell the MCC to the saps waiting in line since they'll all be at home playing their digital copies.

I am confused how do the preload unlock work? is it midnight for your timezone in the world? or is there some flat unlock time weird system like with destiny =|

nillapuddin

I'll have Halo 2 in is entirety reforged by the time you get back from the store lololol have fun,
I'm jelly, I miss crazy midnight fandom

Btw, just in case 343 was confused, the gt to send the prerelease unlock code is nillapuddin626.

JDHarbs

No one will be there to sell the MCC to the saps waiting in line since they'll all be at home playing their digital copies.
Only one Best Buy in my city actually still does midnight releases so there was actually a pretty decent turn out when I went to pick up Destiny. They give out free stuff so that's mostly why I keep going back.

I am confused how do the preload unlock work? is it midnight for your timezone in the world? or is there some flat unlock time weird system like with destiny =|

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in the US it unlocks at 12 eastern, so I get to play it at 10pm on the 10th.

WOW these are perfect! Not to make you doe more work or anything but could you do Yellow and a Green Team color as well. I'm going to use them in my MCC Throwdown Team organizer pictures.

Either way awesome job!

No.

Okay yes, but apparently Photobucket is being flaky so I'll have to put them up tomorrow morning (they are easy to make once you have a good mask). Glad you like them.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I downloaded the patch, waited until it was at 100%, and then booted up. This is what greets me when I try to play H2A, H3, H4, and Forge/Theater or Matchmaking. :(

B1vD7t4IgAEUDqK.png:large

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I downloaded the patch, waited until it was at 100%, and then booted up. This is what greets me when I try to play H2A, H3, H4, and Forge/Theater or Matchmaking. :(

B1vD7t4IgAEUDqK.png:large

Are you able to look at the armor customization screen? Or is the info on customization embargoed until tomorrow?

Top Bottom