• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Mix

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I downloaded the patch, waited until it was at 100%, and then booted up. This is what greets me when I try to play H2A, H3, H4, and Forge/Theater or Matchmaking. :(

B1vD7t4IgAEUDqK.png:large

Destiny did something similar on the PS4, upon completion, I started up the game and was greeted with an installation screen that lasted like 2 more hours. The only reason I don't know if it was on xbox was because I started the xbox as I started the PS4's and started playing it as soon as I could.

RoKKeR

Alright so the patch hasn't downloaded as far as I can tell and the image for the MCC in the games and apps folder has mysteriously disappeared... any idea what's going on here?

Destiny did something similar on the PS4, upon completion, I started up the game and was greeted with an installation screen that lasted like 2 more hours. The only reason I don't know if it was on xbox was because I started the xbox as I started the PS4's and started playing it as soon as I could.

I preloaded Destiny on PS4 and this didn't happen to me.

So this guy is streaming and he showed Halo 3 armor customization, it's armor sets and it doesn't look like you can edit each piece unfortunately. They have an option for Hayabusa with Katana and also a set with recon and the flaming helmet. Here's a link to his stream. http://www.twitch.tv/gameguypgh

wasn't preloaded, physical.
I derped.

So this guy is streaming and he showed Halo 3 armor customization, it's armor sets and it doesn't look like you can edit each piece unfortunately. They have an option for Hayabusa with Katana and also a set with recon and the flaming helmet. Here's a link to his stream. http://www.twitch.tv/gameguypgh

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

YOU GAVE ME HOPE ThatsMytrunks, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

Seriously 343, what the fuck?

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Okay, I'm pissed with the Halo 3 armor "set" bullshit.

Yes, I sound greedy, but I'm not asking for a lot here. At least I don't think I am.

The Bungie chest set almost makes up for it.

Yes, I sound greedy, but I'm not asking for a lot here. At least I don't think I am.

Trust me, you're not alone. There's not that many armor sets in Halo 3 and having the ability to set each piece would make it so much better. I honestly don't mind if Halo 4 just has sets, but I really wish Halo 3 didn't.

The Bungie chest set almost makes up for it.

You don't sound greedy for expecting something that was in the original game. I REALLY hope they patch that shit in. Also I imagine this also means that the Halo 4 DLC armor isn't in either, just like the IGN stream.

Mix

bloodline looks fantastic now versus when it was revealed, it's like they added the color edits people were mocking up.

EDIT: Looks like you can zoom in on the silenced SMGs

Madness

*throws grenade* "whoops, tried to aim down sights". "Oh wow, there is no recoil when firing".

You can tell he's a call of duty player.

Mix

looks like the three forge spaces are Skyward, Nebula, and Awash.

Skyward is the Zenith skybox, floating above a Halo. Nebula is set in space inside an asteroid belt, no land or anything, just space and Awash was shown off in the IGN forge video.

looks like the three forge spaces are Skyward, Nebula, and Awash.

Skyward is the Zenith skybox, floating above a Halo. Nebula is set space, no land or anything, just space and Awash was shown off in the IGN forge video.

Yep just got a picture of it
EDIT: Beaten!
fU6wJ41.png

ZalinKrow

I guess what confuses me a bit about the armour being locked as a set now instead of having the ability to mix and match pieces is that it's sort of a mixed message to what they were saying about player identity in the last bulletin (Just with having everything unlocked from the get-go to emphasise an importance on player identity etc). I mean, I've always been quite fond of playing around with that stuff, and really at the end of the day I'm more about the game play, but it's just that small loss of individuality that's a bit disappointing.

Super excited about the game though. Can't believe how close it is. I will most likely be splitscreening with Hydra (until he gets a damn Xbone lol) so I'm hoping everything runs okay on that front.

HTupolev

Unfortunately no option for vertical split.
Really?

Halo 2's top-bottom split was never great (they reduced vertical view drastically compared with the single-screen views, unusual for a Halo game), but at least the horizontal real estate keeps the game feeling vaguely playable. By contrast, the left-right split that you got in 16:9 had by far the lowest horizontal FoV in the series, even beating out Halo 3's 4:3 view by a fair margin, and is just generally a catastrophe.

You *could* crank up the FoV and wind up with a bonkers-looking image with gigantic horizontal view, but I doubt any console dev would go for it.

Madness

Never mind, I actually was in the right state of mind. Seems like the sniper reticule in CE is fixed and is how it should be now.

Pennybags

Haha that Lord Hood avatar is gonna be mine. His disgusting dogmeat face will be displayed prominently.

Holy shit, I swear the Halo 3 security set looks different. The arms and antenna seem changed.

Edit: I'm insane.

Top Bottom