• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Hang Em High has the Flamethrower.

US86u7W.png

I was hoping there would be a space forge palette. Really opens up the atmosphere for different forge makes to go into matchmaking. I wish I knew how to forge really well but I love playing goofy & serious forge makes :)

I hope I can play soon. I really cannot wait! Halo is the only FPS that can give me these feels! (ノ゚Д゚)ノ

pls halo gods.

OH! does anyone have any crazy forge plans already laid out? or just just going to wait till you size up everything when you get into the game?

HTupolev

So they split the difference, compromising vertical view to match horizontal to the original, instead of the Halo standard approach of holding vertical view constant and expanding horizontal.

I wonder if they did it for fairness? But boosting to 124 degrees (which would be the "correct" FoV to use for Halo 1 at 32:9 according to how most Halo games including CE work) would make the correspondence between single-screen and split-screen more accurate to the original, since the single-screen view has also been widened.

Disappointing, but not a surprise.

Have killcams ever shown up in splitscreen, due to how they work?

I have no clue. I just know we had a big kerfuffle about the H2A killcams a while back and noticed they weren't showing up on the stream currently.

Of course it could just be splitscreen as you say (less screen clutter), but at least we know it's possible in the engine at launch in some manner or another.

FyreWulff

I have no clue. I just know we had a big kerfuffle about the H2A killcams a while back and noticed they weren't showing up on the stream currently.

Of course it could just be splitscreen as you say (less screen clutter), but at least we know it's possible in the engine at launch in some manner or another.

Yeah I don't remember H4 ever showing killcams in split.

But I could be wrong

also it always figures that these early streamers are always smartasses

Madness

All the new H2A and H4 game play I saw today had killcams start right away. So I'm guessing they are enabled. I don't think I saw them in split screen though.

Madness

So that gameguypgh violated his NDA? I wondered if he was sharing too much stuff before launch. All the Forge spaces, the armor customization etc.

Edit: Asking because his channel is now closed.

Ominym

Banned
So that gameguypgh violated his NDA? I wondered if he was sharing too much stuff before launch. All the Forge spaces, the armor customization etc.

If I remember correctly someone had said multiplayer/multiplayer menus/leaderboards was a no-no until tomorrow. So that may have been what happened.

Is there any way to manually install the update? It hasn't started for me despite having auto updates enabled.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see others asking the same thing.

Wow didn't realize his account is closed now. He was going on about how he was going to stream multiplayer all day tomorrow up until launch. Was showing everyone forge and the armors because everyone was asking him too.

Madness

Dude even read the NDA on the stream and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't supposed to be showing what he was showing.

Supposedly is a video games columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He should've known better. Feel sorry for him though. His last tweet was being happy for the record number of viewers.

HTupolev

I hope they patch the split screen FOV quickly. Working split screen is very important fot Halo experience (tm)
First off, at least on computers running windows, the ™ symbol is used by holding alt while punching 0, 1, 5, 3 on the keypad.

Anyway, they seemingly did patch the FoV, if Computron's post from the last page is anything to go by (I have no idea what the source is).

Not perfect; it's basically the original split-screen view cropped into a 32:9 window, but that's at least a huge improvement over the 16:9 view cropped into a 32:9 window.

In terms of solid angles, the patched view is 80% the size of the original, whereas the earlier view was less than half the size of CE's split.

FyreWulff

What's messed up is the searp stream told people they wouldn't break embargo and never went into embargo'd modes.

And they still got whacked. Looks like it's whoever just streamed the MCC.

Mix

Question about the leaked Halo 5 bit from Halo 2A below.
Spoilers follow:
Okay, so in that cutscene you can clearly see that Locke is accompanied by three other Spartans: Green, Pink, and Red. What if one of them is Palmer? Would this be particularly upsetting to anyone?

GrizzNKev

Banned
How do you enable auto updates on the bone??

It's in the power settings.

Question about the leaked Halo 5 bit from Halo 2A below.
Spoilers follow:
Okay, so in that cutscene you can clearly see that Locke is accompanied by three other Spartans: Green, Pink, and Red. What if one of them is Palmer? Would this be particularly upsetting to anyone?

Yes.
I have absolutely no desire to see her again.

tootsi666

First off, at least on computers running windows, the ™ symbol is used by holding alt while punching 0, 1, 5, 3 on the keypad.

Anyway, they seemingly did patch the FoV, if Computron's post from the last page is anything to go by (I have no idea what the source is).

Not perfect; it's basically the original split-screen view cropped into a 32:9 window, but that's at least a huge improvement over the 16:9 view cropped into a 32:9 window.

In terms of solid angles, the patched view is 80% the size of the original, whereas the earlier view was less than half the size of CE's split.
First off, mobile so I'm writing it (tm).

But that new pic looks a lot better than before. Frankie said FOV is fixed, but the fix wasn't coming in the CU so maybe that isn't the final FOV. Do we have any new split-screen pics from H2A campaign after the update?

FyreWulff

So they copy and pasted that map from Halo 4 that no one ever forged on?

That's nice.

Nope, just looks like it's based off of Impact's skybox, there's nothing else there.

Impact's skybox is actually good. It has a red nebula and blue nebula on opposite sides, so you know which way you're facing off-spawn.

Top Bottom