• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Scrub Mentality is the guy who tells everybody he's grabbing the sniper rifle pre-game, betrays the teammate who grabbed it before him, then proceeds to 3-round bodyshot people the rest of the game

Welfare

0ce37976b1.jpg

Looks amazing.

It still looks like that? Ew

i think a petition should be started to remove halo 4 multiplayer playlist, better yet have it removed from the collection all together. otherwise all is sounding good

Maybe 343 should outsource the UI/HUD/art design to other people. These medals...
like most of the multiplayer?
BigShows concerns are completely valid.
nope. its not enough 343 praise to be valid.
HaloGAF = where facts are not allowed to be called facts
;)
HaloGAF = where blind praise is more supported than the Pistol
You must not have been around back then if you think everything Bungie said was valid.
Seems like some people are just replacing bungie with 343 now.
Why do people get offended by the term scrub?

Noob, scrub, doesn't matter what you label it, someone who complains about getting beat over and over by something and doesn't learn to adapt or think of a new strategy is a scrub.

It's like people who complain about their jobs over and over and over...do something about it...
Scrub is a legit word for bad players.
needs more sodium
On it.
i think a petition should be started to remove halo 4 multiplayer playlist, better yet have it removed from the collection all together. otherwise all is sounding good
I'd sign it.

Blueblur1

back to Halo:

Halo PC thing is a slight bummer. I'm hoping though that things such as the missing graphical effects and the player damage sound effect are worked on. Oh, and also have some work done on the bevy of medals that flood the screen.

Regardless, it will still be Halo 1 multiplayer online on Xbox Live. And there's still plenty left to e joy in the package. Yes it's not 100% what we wanted but we should appreciate what we are getting which is still a mighty fine package.

Frankie, 2012 - "Only scrubs will use Promethean vision"

First footage of the game has 8 mlg pro's spamming it every chance they get

I like the part where it's the de facto choice in doubles to this day. It's almost like it ruins gameplay and removes strategic movement from the game. But what do I know? I'm prolly jus' a scrub.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for that Coagulation gameplay footage.

And to then play it in 27 days. I really miss BTB objective.

Ramirez

I like the part where it's the de facto choice in doubles to this day. It's almost like it ruins gameplay and removes strategic movement from the game. But what do I know? I'm prolly jus' a scrub.

I feel like if you're still playing doubles in Halo 4 at this point in its life, you're asking for everything you're receiving!

Guys, I just remembered the Chopper is in Halo 3. I miss the Chopper.

Bring it back in Halo 5, Frank

I forgot all about the Chopper. Fun vehicle, but idk if I'd want to use it again.

I'm more interested in seeing if the Elites create any new weapons/vehicles after their break from the Covenant. I know in the Kilo Five books they say that the Sanghelli have pretty much lost all technological and organized military capabilities, but depending on how much time has passed it could be a possibility.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wow, Waypoint runs so much better. Get rid of that "More stats" link on the Halo 4 stats area that takes you to the old site and put all the stats on the new site and we're good.

Also I had over 15 days of Halo 3 playtime. Damn. I'm not sure I've played any game as much since.

Madness

It's a valid complaint though that we're getting the PC port of Halo CE and not the original Xbox version. Obviously there are small differences and those who are huge fans will notice them.

As for pistol being overpowered or ruining the sandbox balance, Halo CE was probably one of the only games where each weapon git a unique role. How is pistol being used as the go-to utility weapon for matches, any different than the BR or DMR of later games? Of course most people will have pistol kills while playing CE, just like most people will have BR kills playing Halo 2 or Halo 3 (though I venture you'll see a lot of SMG kills in H2, AR/Melee in Halo 3).

I also don't like the medals. It seems 343 wants to double down on them. Rather than use Halo 2 or Halo 3 classic medals for CE, they'd force their new ones on and it just looks bad the way they come in. I dislike how they've homogenized the color schemes and looks of them. Karl hit the nail on the head, I can't for the life of me tell what the medals are. But I could instantly do that with the 2, 3 or even Reach medals. It seems by adding their version of the medals into H2A, Halo CE, that this is what they'll carry forward to Halo 5. Either way, I hope we get some more CE footage now. Less than 3 and half weeks from launch, and still not really any good footage.

Also remove the Spartan Laser from Halo 3 BTB.

It's not going anywhere, especially on Valhalla. I think that's the perfect situation where it's used. A centrally located area of the map, where teams can fight over it and use it to obliterate the others warthog or banshee. Of course having a technically one kill anti-vehicle weapon isn't ideal, you're overstating how damaging it is. Halo BTB played fine with or without it.

Nowise10

I had

40+ days total playtime in Halo 3 (Im assuming, they don't have custom games or forge stats)
68 days total playtime in Halo:Reach
17 days in Halo 4 total

I have the most valid opinions out of everyone here now.

Cow

I had

40+ days total playtime in Halo 3 (Im assuming, they don't have custom games or forge stats)
68 days total playtime in Halo:Reach
17 days in Halo 4 total

I have the most valid opinions out of everyone here now.

I liked Halo 4 more than Reach. I hated Halo 4. How did you play 68 days of Reach?!

Top Bottom