• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just want some Valhalla in 1080p/60FPS.

And Standoff.

And Rat's Nest.

And Avalanche.
yesssssss

I'm honestly surprised to find myself so excited for BTB. It's probably because BTB in Reach and Halo 4 was so terrible.

This place, some of those reactions...

How many versions of CE can you want? Seriously. OG Xbox, PC CE, Reach Ann. and now 1080p/60fps dedis on X1 and still bitching?

tumblr_lx4sv28f941r5yh93o1_500.gif

darthbob

How is the number of ports relevant?

Agreed. What matters is the quality of the port.

Now I think that Gearbox did a bang up job making the netcode for Halo work, and all the other additions such as the maps. But that was 2003, 11 years ago. To base your (what is essentially an) HD remaster on that seems like an oversight.

Madness

Yeah. I mean ultimately you want the port of the original Xbox because that is what seemed to be the best. But it seems this is Halo PC, emulating CE settings, coupled with a new CEA Hud overlay with Halo 4/Halo 2 Anniversary medals.

4 versions of the same game basically, sure with Reach ann. you could say 3.5 versions of the same multiplayer game. Some of those reactions just baffle me. If a developer doesn't hit more home runs than strikeouts in at least one of those 4 game versions then clearly the game or developer just isn't to your liking.

To give two shits about a couple of minor differences and trawl through every single detail to compare under a microscope is asinine, I just don't understand it. To me it's like a pro footballer complaining about the colour difference of the grass between different stadiums.

Note I said "some" of those reaction, others have some valid points.

RoKKeR

If your friend thinks this looks worse then the original, or whatever he meant, then he is completely unreasonable.

ZhmtnHf.jpg

Halo 2's Anniversary graphics aren't mind blowing, but they are still pretty good, specially since you still have the ability to change between graphics. That is when you see the big differences between 2004 to 2014.

Where is this screen from? Is it a bullshot from 2011 or is it a MCC screenshot?

VinFTW

Man, Halo 3 was always SO gorgeous. The sum of its parts weren't Killzone 2, but fuck the intricacy of it's design, textures, and small details make it so "beautiful" (not JUST technically, mostly artistically).

Doesn't surprise me it ages so well.

Can't wait to stare at the water at High Ground, Valhalla, Sierra 117 and Construct and stare at the sand dunes in Sandtrap and Epitaph.

Man, Halo 3 was always SO gorgeous. The sum of its parts weren't Killzone 2, but fuck the intricacy of it's design, textures, and small details make it so "beautiful" (not JUST technically, mostly artistically).

Doesn't surprise me it ages so well.

Can't wait to stare at the water at High Ground, Valhalla, Sierra 117 and Construct and stare at the sand dunes in Sandtrap and Epitaph.

Yes! Flying around in theater mode is going to be so much more beautiful now.

VinFTW

God damn

Should have sent a poet

contact reference?

fellow sagan fan?!?!?!

Also, was just watching Nadeds stream, and there's no doubt about it, the Pistol reticule in CE MP in MCC is HUGE compared to the campaigns and the sniper rifle reticule is massive as well (bigger than their heads lol).

I'm blown away by just how good Halo 3 looks in those screens. Sure they probably have a li'l extra anti-aliasing / downsampling on 'em, but my god it's gorgeous.

It's the part I'm most excited about. A 7 year old game. Ridiculous.

contact reference?

fellow sagan fan?!?!?!

Also, was just watching Nadeds stream, and there's no doubt about it, the Pistol reticule in CE MP in MCC is HUGE compared to the campaigns and the sniper rifle reticule is massive as well (bigger than their heads lol).

Everyone is a Sagan fan, deep down.

Madness

Looks like it's from the Xbox 360 version. Found the same exact picture at this link.

http://www.wired.com/2011/11/pl_gamesreissue/#slideid-79281

Not that it's really proof of anything, but...

-console

I knew I had seen it before, but I just followed Nowise who said they were released as part of the MCC screenshots today. If you look at the above image, it does seem more sharper than the one in the Wired article. Who knows? Either way, it seems like the resolution boost is helping these games.

This place, some of those reactions...

How many versions of CE can you want? Seriously. OG Xbox, PC CE, Reach Ann. and now 1080p/60fps dedis on X1 and still bitching?
Remember when you said Reach Anniversary playlists played identical to CE?

lol. l. o. l. Scrub.
To give two shits about a couple of minor differences and trawl through every single detail to compare under a microscope is asinine, I just don't understand it. To me it's like a pro footballer complaining about the colour difference of the grass between different stadiums.
You insensitive monster.
and High Ground.
One of the more underrated maps in Halo 3. Using the Carbine on a good connection was fun on High Ground. One-sided Objectives, drive that Mongoose!

Remember when you said Reach Anniversary playlists played identical to CE?

lol. l. o. l. Scrub.

You insensitive monster.

One of the more underrated maps in Halo 3. Using the Carbine on a good connection was fun on High Ground.

100%, 90% nth percentile...close enough :)

If weapon mechanics are altered I can get with that and a discussion around it but things like fog differences due to console tech differences? Come one, give developers some slack.

The netcode reaction to CE online should be fun. I'll leave it to you to tell me how many times have I posted about netcode/connections affecting Halo mechanics/dev game iterations.

For me any which way CE and the other MCC titles get online with dedis is far and away the best thing to happen to Halo. Far more competitive and fairer games than previous versions, mechanics and minute difference be damned.

Mix

Halo 3 holds a special place in my heart. I played Halo 2 yeah, but I didn't have internet until the bitter end and Halo 3 was really where I spent a lot of my time. To see what it looks like in these screens, to see how crisp and clear it all looks is fantastic. I cannot wait to see some more footage of it's campaign and multiplayer.

Halo 3 holds a special place in my heart. I played Halo 2 yeah, but I didn't have internet until the bitter end and Halo 3 was really where I spent a lot of my time. To see what it looks like in these screens, to see how crisp and clear it all looks is fantastic. I cannot wait to see some more footage of it's campaign and multiplayer.

I would play CE and 2 at a friend's house (he had an OG Xbox), but the first paycheck I ever got went to an Elite 360 and a preorder of Halo 3. That's what truly started my Halo love affair. Cannot wait to relive the glory.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be so much more excited to play Halo 3 MP if the base speed was bumped up a little. The other games are either faster or have sprint, and they make Halo 3 feel so slow.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I'd be so much more excited to play Halo 3 MP if the base speed was bumped up a little. The other games are either faster or have sprint, and they make Halo 3 feel so slow.

I always thought Halo 3 was nearly identical to Halo 2 speed. I thought the only difference with Halo 3, was that it had more annoyingly large maps, with tons of long hallways and such. Nothing really condensed like Midship, Warlock, Lockout, etc... Then they released Blackout and Heretic and I realized how slow the movement speed really is. It's really apparent on Citadel while traversing the outer ring.

I always thought Halo 3 was nearly identical to Halo 2 speed. I thought the only difference with Halo 3, was that it had more annoyingly large maps, with tons of long hallways and such. Nothing really condensed like Midship, Warlock, Lockout, etc... Then they released Blackout and Heretic and I realized how slow the movement speed really is. It's really apparent on Citadel while traversing the outer ring.

Didn't Halo 3 have the smallest FOV too?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Got a sweet deal on a bone from the BST thread. It's happening.

I started singing Halo 2 music to myself on the way home from school today.

Top Bottom