• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Got a sweet deal on a bone from the BST thread. It's happening.

I started singing Halo 2 music to myself on the way home from school today.

Ir7rkTX.gif

I still need to pick up my second Xbone.

I went to purchase the White Sunset Overdrive Bundle that also came with a copy of GTAV on Shop to, but they don't accept credit cards that use two stage authentication. Which sucks.

So I'm still on the look out for a good deal.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I'd be fine with the medals if they didn't add so much worthless ones. It's like you get a medal for everything and anything.

To those that are generally humped on multiplayer, me, it provides some comfort when I'm constantly respawning after being shot in the face.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
I still need to pick up my second Xbone.

I went to purchase the White Sunset Overdrive Bundle that also came with a copy of GTAV on Shop to, but they don't accept credit cards that use two stage authentication. Which sucks.

So I'm still on the look out for a good deal.

Keep an eye out on the Asda deals. I got my Xbox One with Titanfall for £349. Unfortunately, That deal finish quite a while ago, Sik. But I'm sure there'll be more to come, especially with the special edition console releases round the corner.

Keep an eye out on the Asda deals. I got my Xbox One with Titanfall for £349. Unfortunately, That deal finish quite a while ago, Sik. But I'm sure there'll be more to come, especially with the special edition console releases round the corner.

Whatever happens, it needs to be purchased BEFORE MCC's launch.

Pretty damned excited.

Random question: will there be a website for stat tracking in MCC like previous games? And can we view it in game?

Halowaypoint.com has had an update - expect Stats and stuff to be there. (Requires a log in though!)

I will be snitching you to your friends.

Gotta get a Bone for Plywood someway.

I am actually totally up for dropping a tenner to that just giving page.

He's just too pretty not to give money to!

Cow

I have a question in regards to medals. Is it possible to toggle say Halo 2 or 3 medals onto Halo 1/Halo 2A? Or is it only Halo 4 medals?

Ubersnug

So, have we heard any news on whether Campaign, online co-op will be via dedicated servers, or will they be restricted to peer-to-peer? specifically Halo 1 Anniversary, where the online co-op was almost unplayable for the 2nd player.

I have a question in regards to medals. Is it possible to toggle say Halo 2 or 3 medals onto Halo 1/Halo 2A? Or is it only Halo 4 medals?

As far as I'm aware, it's either the original medal system on a game by game basis OR the unified medal system.

Fuchsdh

Are the terminals going to be integrated into Halo 4 in MCC? Rather than still having to go to waypoint to read them?

Sounds like they might all be streamed this time, but they're not on-disc due to space constraints.

Also, watched the Borderlands Presequel trailer and lol'd when they referenced moon wizards. That line really stuck in people's minds, didn't it, and it's not the worse line in Destiny by far.

Welfare

Are we sure about Halo 2 footage comming out today?

If so, 5 more hours until people complain about it being the Halo 2 Vista port. :p

I have no idea, but it seems likely. Halo 2 Gameplay after Halo CE, then that tour of Bloodline, and then more stuff on friday.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Saw campaign footage at Gamescom of Halo 2 Anniversary, and met Dan Ayoub and Kiki Wolfkill.

The footage was fantastic, but I'm eager to see more. Dan also stated that custom maps created by the community won't be carried over from the original games, such as Bart's Manor from Halo 3. However, certain community favourites might be remade.

Bart's Manor: Looking at you, Stinkles!

Saw campaign footage at Gamescom of Halo 2 Anniversary, and met Dan Ayoub and Kiki Wolfkill.

The footage was fantastic, but I'm eager to see more. Dan also stated that custom maps created by the community won't be carried over from the original games, such as Bart's Manor from Halo 3. However, certain community favourites might be remade.

Would they need us to remake it for them, or can they edit the original saved file I wonder?

Akai__

I have no idea, but it seems likely. Halo 2 Gameplay after Halo CE, then that tour of Bloodline, and then more stuff on friday.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. So far all of those articles and videos have been good.

Did they say remade by 343i or by community Forgers? I highly doubt, that 343i will remake those. Unless the following is possible:

Would they need us to remake it for them, or can they edit the original saved file I wonder?

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Whatever it is, I'm excited. So far all of those articles and videos have been good.

Did they say remade by 343i or by community Forgers? I highly doubt, that 343i will remake those. Unless the following is possible:

I believe Dan said they (343i) would remake a few popular ones using Forge.

That'd be pretty cool actually.

Not sure, Sik. Direct your question at Frankie, and perhaps some magic will occur.

Bart and I could remake Bart's Manor for whatever Rotational Infection Playlist may occur in the future, but a) It would only be available in Halo 3/H2A and b) can I be bothered? Merging in Halo 3 was a pain in the arse, but we'll do it if there's demand for it.

dwells

Those screenshots on the previous page are not from the Master Chief collection. They're just taken from the original Xbox 360 games.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So it would appear as if the Halo 1 pistol is now hitscan in the MCC.

check it

I know I'll receive flak for this but I'm going to say I prefer everything to be hitscan when we're dealing with latency. Can't imagine trying to 3-shot someone from NY while playing from Texas, even if it is a dedicated server.

Fuchsdh

Just release a 1080p 60fps video of a full length Halo 3 multiplayer match please.

Was this posted? http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...for-windows-devices-and-steam-ign-first?watch

Sequel to Halo: Spartan Assault

Beat me to it, hat tip to sobnek in the |OT| as well: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134433746&postcount=400

I liked a lot about Spartan Assault: if they make it a bit more cohesive and work on integrating the story I think it could be greatly improved.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Bart and I could remake Bart's Manor for whatever Rotational Infection Playlist may occur in the future, but a) It would only be available in Halo 3/H2A and b) can I be bothered? Merging in Halo 3 was a pain in the arse, but we'll do it if there's demand for it.

I demand it. So say we all.

MouldyK

If MCC came out on PC next year, how would you guys react? Double-Dip?

Also, would PC Gamers even accept the games or complain how they are bogged down by consoles like they do?

So something looked funny about the Halo CE MCC sniper reticule...They look way too big. What's up with that?

Did some comparisons (yes, one is 8x, the other 10x, but that doesn't affect reticule size):

Original (including PC):
nRWHZ1Ql.png

MCC:
EY3HpJ1.jpg

Sephzilla

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Not completely sold on Spartan Strike, but i'd only play it on xbone anyway so it's okay.

Though why would the covenant be looking for a specifically Promethean artifact in the New Mombassa invasion?

Yo 343 if you could make a sequel to the better non FPS halo that would be pretty cool...

Thanks

never stop believing

While I'd kill for a Halo Wars sequel (or hell, getting some of the vehicles into the main games), I'm down for another Spartan Assault. Decent little game, though it undoubtedly has its issues.

MouldyK

Not completely sold on Spartan Strike, but i'd only play it on xbone anyway so it's okay.

Though why would the covenant be looking for a specifically Promethean artifact in the New Mombassa invasion?

Yeah, is Spartan Assault and this game canon? Why would the Covenants be friends with Prometheans around H2 times?

MouldyK

Phil Spencer hinted at that so many times. Even in the latest interview, from a week ago.

It will happen, I know it.

2016 maybe, to coincide with Halo: The Spin-Off Saga, which will feature ODST, Reach, Wars, Wars 2, Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike and Warthog Launch: HD Redux, which played "exactly like you remembered it 10 years ago". Which for me means playing it at school and being told off.

Also, Halo Birds and Halo Crush are coming June 2015, with Neo+Gaf=Nerd_Fap already in the closed beta and testing to make sure they reach the Halo standards.

Top Bottom