• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is Bregmeister still around? I talk to him on Twitter a lot but don't see him here. Is he getting an XB1 for this?

I need the old crew back. Bregmann, kittens, aggro and mah boy GUFU.

Is Bregmeister still around? I talk to him on Twitter a lot but don't see him here. Is he getting an XB1 for this?

I need the old crew back. Bregmann, kittens, aggro and mah boy GUFU.

Bregmeister is getting one.

Dammit Kittens let not dissuade him with maybes, he's getting one. OK.

I'm amazed at how much Halo 2 Anniversary looks like the original sometimes. I mean this in a good way: more often than not, they really nailed the look Bungie had for Halo 2. Those crumbling stone relics on Delta Halo look dead on.

The Forerunner stuff is still incredibly shiny, though that's how 343 likes it.

Also, we can turn off that unified medal display, right? Getting five medals every time you shoot something in the head is just a bit too much.

Sephzilla

Halo 1's multiplayer admittedly looked a fraction "off" because of the PC build - but Halo 2 (whether its Xbox or Vista) looks absolutely fucking spot on.

I'm amazed at how much Halo 2 Anniversary looks like the original sometimes. I mean this in a good way: more often than not, they really nailed the look Bungie had for Halo 2. Those crumbling stone relics on Delta Halo look dead on.

The Forerunner stuff is still incredibly shiny, though that's how 343 likes it.

Also, we can turn off that unified medal display, right? Getting five medals every time you shoot something in the head is just a bit too much.

I'm having a problem where I confuse the H2A look with the H2 Classic look. They really did nail the old Bungie look - H2A looks exactly like what my mind remembers Halo 2 looking like.

Havok

I'm going to take a second and nitpick.

dssax5D.png

How comical are those objective markers? I legitimately did not think it could get any more hilarious than Halo 4 shouting at the player constantly, but these messages are just absurdly huge. Maybe the funniest part is that you get this massive waypoint for your own flag....when it hasn't even been touched. This persists when you aren't even looking in the same direction, so you've got this massive message floating around your screen the entire game?! Like...are you worried players are going to get lost and not remember which base is theirs? Isn't that a complete failure of the map's visual design? Are players actually not smart enough to remember where they live? On top of that, CAPTURE, a "no shit" piece of information, dwarfs the actual pertinent feedback that the player needs - the reset timer.

Just baffling.

Also, seeing someone get a dual-wield kill on a single target - nothing special, just a normal ol' kill that ended with a headshot - and get no fewer than 4 medals is a really great reminder of how absurd modern player investment design is. It's not an issue that's at all specific to this project, but it's definitely on full display here.

I'm having a problem where I confuse the H2A look with the H2 Classic look. They really did nail the old Bungie look - H2A looks exactly like what my mind remembers Halo 2 looking like.

Yeah, exactly. During that sequence with the Hunters during Regret I was going "man, even the original looks amazing!" And then I noticed I was looking at anniversary graphics. This game is pure rose-tinted goggles, and I love it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Elzar has to get one.

I will send him nude pics of gui till he gives in and gets one
edit: Damn I see he has one, what to do with all the pics now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

-snip-
Yeah, some of the UI stuff is pretty weird in MCC. It looks like the optional medals system isn't working right... Hopefully those waypoint labels are due for an update before release, too?

Sephzilla

cross posting with the gaming thread

I kinda wish H2 Classic had its own dedicated Big Team playlist though - Halo 2 was the best "big team" game in the franchise IMO.

Welfare

dssax5D.png

How comical are those objective markers? I legitimately did not think it could get any more hilarious than Halo 4 shouting at the player constantly, but these messages are just absurdly huge. Maybe the funniest part is that you get this massive waypoint for your own flag....when it hasn't even been touched. This persists when you aren't even looking in the same direction, so you've got this massive message floating around your screen the entire game?! Like...are you worried players are going to get lost and not remember which base is theirs? Isn't that a complete failure of the map's visual design? Do you think your players are actually braindead, too stupid to figure out where they live? On top of that, CAPTURE, a "no shit" piece of information, dwarfs the actual pertinent feedback that the player needs - the reset timer. In what world is that okay?

Just baffling.
Pretty sure that is an outdated build.

Madness

dssax5D.png

How comical are those objective markers? I legitimately did not think it could get any more hilarious than Halo 4 shouting at the player constantly, but these messages are just absurdly huge. Maybe the funniest part is that you get this massive waypoint for your own flag....when it hasn't even been touched. This persists when you aren't even looking in the same direction, so you've got this massive message floating around your screen the entire game?! Like...are you worried players are going to get lost and not remember which base is theirs? Isn't that a complete failure of the map's visual design? Do you think your players are actually braindead, too stupid to figure out where they live? On top of that, CAPTURE, a "no shit" piece of information, dwarfs the actual pertinent feedback that the player needs - the reset timer. In what world is that okay?

Just baffling.

Also, seeing someone get a dual-wield kill on a single target - nothing special, just a normal ol' kill that ended with a headshot - and get no fewer than 4 medals is a legitimately hilarious reminder of how absurd modern investment design is.

Damn, I'm not the only one who noticed that either. I was wondering why the hell there is stuff like CAPTURE and DEFEND on the screen at all times. Same with PROTECT. I really wish there was ways to turn this off.

Thanks Elzar. Just watched it, looks great. I think most of my time will be spent playing Halo 2 and Halo 3 only. But damn are those medals ugly and obtrusive. If you're going to include them, make them distinct and easy to tell what is what and don't just have like 8 pop up poorly on the side. Turning those off right away.

Akai__

Is 60fps uploading available for everyone? Great if it is

I have seen non partnered channels with 60FPS videos, but I'm not sure, what the requirements are.

Just uplaoded a 60FPS Halo 2 Video and it's 60FPS on YouTube as well. I think it works for everyone.

Top Bottom