• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Welfare

While Bloodline has grass, they map is still too brown. Turn down the brown, up the green in the grass. More blue in the sky would also be better.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
absolutely, you can play classically with no medals in CE and originals in 2, or you can play with Bungie's original medals in both, or the New age 343 medals.

Pretty sure Halo CE didn't have Medals.....Did it?

AlStrong

I remember something in the lore of a spartan team fighting somewhere else on Earth. As in not New Mombasa. Could be wrong tho.

Fred, Kelly, and Linda were around, IIRC.

edit: Probably unrelated to Spartan Strike though. :p None of this makes sense. :s

edit2: So... the new vehicle is basically a Ghost? :s

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Nah, Halo 3 isn't getting that touched. Just the originals.

the post you quoted literally says "you can play classically with no medals in CE" lol

It also says: "or you can play with Bungie's original medals in both" which is what I was looking at. Can we turn Medals off completely for all games?

Blueblur1

H2A UI is really poor in terms of communicating things effectively. And obviously overbearing as well. That is the kind of approach they took with Halo 4 which is disappointing. After seeing the simple weapon markers I thought 343 had learned something.

There is no reason a player should receive a medal for a normal kill.

What happened to medals being special?

I don't need a medal for a BR kill, a medal for a headshot, a medal for not getting killed, a medal for looking at the enemy player, a medal for using my scope, and a medal for throwing a grenade to do some damage every time I get a kill.

This isn't about the fact that it can be turned off either. That's great but this isn't a feature I should turn off.

As for UI with waypoints etc. Halo 2 and 3 got it perfect. If it ain't broke...

That said the game looks great. Ready to play some halo.

Calm Killer

I don't need a medal for a BR kill, a medal for a headshot, a medal for not getting killed, a medal for looking at the enemy player, a medal for using my scope, and a medal for throwing a grenade to do some damage every time I get a kill.

Participation medals. You have to make everyone feel special.

RoKKeR

Co-signed.

Tawpgun

Shoutouts to these flag indicators

maxresdefault.jpg

Bloodline should look as good as this. Halo should look as good as this. Much more vibrant.

yup. I believe it was bound to the B button

well, I still didn't believe it so i looked it up and you're right, I apologize for my ignorance. I remembered it being possible.
smh kid even thought H3 br was hitscan

yup. I believe it was bound to the B button

well, I still didn't believe it so i looked it up and you're right, I apologize for my ignorance. I remembered it being possible.

That was one of those OMFGBBQ moments when H3 came out, along with the Warthog turret actually doing damage.

FyreWulff

People used to use the Warthog like a mongoose to get to the other base, driving it with nobody else in it in Halo 2. And nobody would care, it wasn't like they were giving the other team an useful weapon.

Poor chainhog.

VinFTW

Video on IGN was so good that I didn't even read the article:

And yes, we'll have looks at Master Chief Collection's Halo 3 and Halo 4 campaigns and multiplayer suites as our month of IGN First coverage rolls on.

Did you guys see this Halo in third person?

album
thread

Jesus h christ, Halo 4 still looks fucking incredible. Can't imagine it in 1080/60 and I can't even imagine how good the campaign in H5 is gonna look...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Jesus h christ, Halo 4 still looks fucking incredible. Can't imagine it in 1080/60 and I can't even imagine how good the campaign in H5 is gonna look...

Yeah. 343 did a really, really good job extracting power from the 360. Halo 4 is stunning.
Halo PC with 3rd person hack was fun. Didn't play MP with it but single player.
A skull that enables 3rd person for campaigns would be awesome.

This would be so much fun.

belushy

Banned
I wish they would throw a 3rd person gametype in Action Sack or something, or at least make it a custom games option. MW2 had a 1v1 Cage Match playlist that was 3rd person and it actually worked really well imo.

Shoutouts to these flag indicators

maxresdefault.jpg

Bloodline should look as good as this. Halo should look as good as this. Much more vibrant.
Fans should find it offensive how these maps have less color and more rocks than Halo 4 maps. What happened to the beautiful colors? Why must you hate colors, 343? Don't hate colors.
smh kid even thought H3 br was hitscan
First farcas and now this shit.. These are the scrubs making our Halo OT's.

For shame.

EDIT:
lmfao

Everything but the Hunter's fuel rod cannon looked great to me. It looked like a homing plasma rifle shot. Looked incredibly lame and underpowered to me.

Original:
wFww1V9.jpg

New:
ZaQW61r.jpg

Wonder why they thought that was fitting? The hunters look amazing, but the gun needs to be a big blast...it indicates it's power, especially considering they can one shot you in legendary.

Neper

Neo Member
Everything but the Hunter's fuel rod cannon looked great to me. It looked like a homing plasma rifle shot. Looked incredibly lame and underpowered to me.

Original:
wFww1V9.jpg

New:
ZaQW61r.jpg

Wonder why they thought that was fitting? The hunters look amazing, but the gun needs to be a big blast...it indicates it's power, especially considering they can one shot you in legendary.

What!? I guess that comes from an early build, because it looks incredibly lame. Almost any weapon in the game would look more menacing that this. And they're goddamn Hunters!

I hope it's properly fixed in the release version.

Madness

Original:
wFww1V9.jpg

New:
ZaQW61r.jpg

Looks like they're firing from a blue needler.

Sephzilla

Original:
wFww1V9.jpg

New:
ZaQW61r.jpg

it has to just be an "early build " thing. I couldn't legit believe they'd do that to the hunter's cannon

TTUVAPOR

Banned
All of this Halo 60fps just looks like an entirely different game...going to be incredible to experience this. The smoothness is just butter.

it has to just be an "early build " thing. I couldn't legit believe they'd do that to the hunter's cannon

I certainly hope so. Mr. Frank Stinkles said on the gaming side that everything shown is at least a month old or more. If that is a placeholder I'm not sure why they would show it. *shrug*

I'm not ungrateful, everything looks TH3 S3X, but that made me pause the video and raise my eyebrows.

Top Bottom