• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TheOddOne

Reminds me of Abe Sapien from Hellboy.

tumblr_m4n1nmedvx1r8ke9a.png

m23

Nah. Forerunners looked closer to humans in 4. Only 2 nostrils.

Ok, interesting.

Can't wait to get home after work and actually get some matches in. I've played maybe 7-10 matches online so far since no one had the game.

Everyone needs to check out Halo 3 campaign as well, looks so damn fine in 60fps.

Tawpgun

Anyone know how to Open my NAT on Xbone?

Destiny always says I'm strict, Xbone says I'm moderate. I use this trick to make Xbone say I'm open but I don't think it means I'm actually open.

Destiny always says I'm strict, Xbone says I'm moderate. I use this trick to make Xbone say I'm open but I don't think it means I'm actually open.

It depends on your router. There used to be a website that gave instructions for every router, but I don't remember it.

ElRenoRaven

Well I see the shotgun graphical glitch is still there in H1A. :l

Would have liked to have seen a few of the glitches etc cleaned up in the port. Course guess that was too much to expect.

Don't got a router, got a direct line from a modem.

You sure it's a modem and not a gateway (modem/router combo)?

If you were plugged straight into a modem, you would never have to worry about NAT at all. Nothing on your network would have the ability to listen to and/or close ports.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

If you're still having issues try going into your network settings on your Xbox and selecting Multiplayer Network Test.

Once the results come up press LT + LB + RT + RB at the same time to bring up more diagnostic info. It will run a NAT test as well once the "..." finishes. If it returns "Your network is behind a cone NAT." then you can fix it this way, if it says "Your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT", then you have to fix it through your modem/router/ISP. Anyways, press A or B and if it's the cone style your NAT should say OPEN now.

If you've tried this and it fails then best of luck, and it's probably best to light your Xbox on fire.

Tawpgun

You sure it's a modem and not a gateway (modem/router combo)?

If you were plugged straight into a modem, you would never have to worry about NAT at all. Nothing on your network would have the ability to listen to and/or close ports.

Might be a router-modem. It gives off a wifi signal which my Xbone can pick up too.

Don't some modems have internal NAT controls?

Not unless it's a gateway/combo. At least, none that I've ever heard of.

Might be a router-modem. It gives off a wifi signal which my Xbone can pick up too.

Yeah- that's a gateway/combo, then. You'll need to note the brand and model #, then take a visit to portforward.com. That will show you how to log in to your gateway and access its settings. First, I'd go in there and check to see that upnp is enabled. If it's not, enable it, then check to see if that fixes your NAT issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, then you'll need to assign a static IP to your XB1 and open ports for it manually. The website mentioned above will tell you how to do all of this step by step, based on your gateway's brand and model #.

It may take you an hour or two to slog through if this is all new to you, but you'll be a much happier camper once it's all set up properly.

Top Bottom