• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

-Ryn

Banned
Trying to choose between Assault on the Control Room or The Silent Cartographer is like trying to choose between Waffles and French Toast.

Put it in the OP Fracas!!

edit: OP gif is dead. RIP
From the beginning... you know the end.
:(

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!

It's working.

Dat new Halo feel. It's so beautiful...

Will try H2A matchmaking for 2 minutes, if it doesn't work I'm going to custom games or H2A campaign.

No way, that sucks :/
Do you feel my jelly?

This post's a greater ride than when HaloGAF gets barn leaks.
HaloGaf's rollercoaster has really big drops.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.

.... guys.

Guys. It's so good.

Okay, giving up on MP for now. Can't be bothered to wait. H2A campaign it is!
You haven't even gotten into matchmaking and you're making me scroll past all that empty space? Never trusting your enter key hype meter again.

klodeckel

Banned
After nearly 5 hours, finally got in a H2A match. Wow. Felt like it would run like on system link :O If it works - amazing! Here is hope for tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix the lags and disconnects fast.

I wonder if they plan on adding in the missing Halo 4 dlc armors, or expanding customization in general. Also they should patch in a gravity hammer into H2A, needs me some Grifball

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of system link...

Can we do system link? I have two Xbox Ones sitting right next to one another.
Yup, but one console has to "check in" to XBL to start the connection. For some reason. I don't think it has to be online the whole time, though.

willow ve

Yup, but one console has to "check in" to XBL to start the connection. For some reason. I don't think it has to be online the whole time, though.

Yeah - one box has to be able to ping the server (no idea why - someone with intelligence could probably answer this)

Edit - holy shit at that waypoint thread with like 17 pages of "DO NOT DISCUSS LEAKED CONTENT REAL OR FAKE" written over every post.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It's so beautiful :,)

6SOFfeY.png

LEGIT MOONS!!! FOR FUCKING RIGHTS!!!

I've had the most amazing night at the London Halo launch. Met Phil Spencer, who is a legend, and the MS PR team were amazing.

Got a load of pics, halo goodies and I'm on my way home. Happy face! Enjoy the game guys, will see you on the battlefield.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I can't wait for all of those people who have literally never experienced Halo CE multiplayer because of the fact that you had to system link your boxes to someone else to get a proper 2v2 or 4v4 going.

This is an incredible time.

Lets all rejoice!!

raptor-jesus.gif

Source

So, what multiplayer versions get installed first with the day one patch? And I am able to play that version while the rest downloads, right? I am hoping Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer is first.

willow ve

I can't wait for all of those people who have literally never experienced Halo CE multiplayer because of the fact that you had to system link your boxes to someone else to get a proper 2v2 or 4v4 going.

Lets all rejoice!!

My dormitory network let us link up to 4 xbox together just by browsing. So many games of 2 flag sidewinder touch return. Damn that game was fun.

So, what multiplayer versions get installed first with the day one patch? And I am able to play that version while the rest downloads, right? I am hoping Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer is first.

You download the entire patch and then install. No idea what unlocks first while it installs though.

Trey

I'll be sated on your jealous tears you try to hide from ya boys

if the hunger pains didn't compromise your intelligence you'd know AotCR and Two Betrayals are two sides of the same coin, with the former being the spit-shined and gleaming side and the latter being the grimey side that sat face down in gum for too long on your car floor.

TB has tense portions, particularly the downslope to the wraith and the murder room where all hell breaks loose. But AotCR is all the best parts of Halo's combat distilled into a single level, with so many weapon options that it's almost overwhelming. And the enemy placement is glorious.

Someone made a chat on twitch to chat during E3, but we can probably use it to chat during HaloFest. Is anyone going to be on there tonight? Do people want invites to it?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
My dormitory network let us link up to 4 xbox together just by browsing. So many games of 2 flag sidewinder touch return. Damn that game was fun.

It's incredible to fathom the fact that we can now play a custom HCE game with anyone in the world at any given moment without leaving our own home. Damn, it gives me chills.

200.gif

-Ryn

Banned

Lets all rejoice!!
30ojmZ3.gif

BigShow36

It's incredible to fathom the fact that we can now play a custom HCE game with anyone in the world at any given moment without leaving our own home. Damn, it gives me chills.

200.gif

I don't think it has fully sunk in for me yet. I had fully given up all hope for any Halo game for all time, and now here we are.

Top Bottom