• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

VinFTW

I don't think we want to imply or promote any riot or mob mentality with the title, make it positive, optimistic at least... Hold Onto Your Butts kind of does that.

It could turn out really well. Who knows.

blamite

Can someone with the game do me a huuuge favor and check if my old Emblem is in?

Qnj9B.png

343 cut the Display background in H4 and I really need to know where to set my expectations that I can have it back.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Launch already sounding pretty troubled... can't say I didn't see this coming but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Well in regards to online... remember a good majority of people still buy physical copies

Which they need to install

Then update

Then who knows how many of those people will actually play MP first...

Though the preloading is an epic fail lol

I am prepared to take a nap at midnight

RoKKeR

Well in regards to online... remember a good majority of people still buy physical copies

Which they need to install

Then update

Then who knows how many of those people will actually play MP first...

Though the preloading is an epic fail lol

I am prepared to take a nap at midnight
No way in hell it's a population issue. Game is already making its way up the activity charts well ahead of Ghosts and Horizon 2.

It sounds like MM is just slow... which is not good to hear!

Overdoziz

Banned
Why can't I crouch and move the stick completely in any direction at the same time? Every time I do so he starts walking again. Is that an Xbone controller thing or a halo MCC thing?

Booshka

Why can't I crouch and move the stick completely in any direction at the same time? Every time I do so he starts walking again. Is that an Xbone controller thing or a halo MCC thing?

If you are talking about Halo CE, it's always been like that. Crouch walking is very unwieldy in Halo CE, you gotta FyreWullf your thumbstick so it doesn't input as a Running input.

This is so close to being good, please just fix the little things 343 and you'll have an incredible game.

Match making is broken right now, and I am not talking about the inability to matchup with players. I mean the playlists aren't good at all... Why isn't there an objective playlist? There is literally zero chance for me to play Halo CE CTF BG 4v4. That should be a crime.

The playlists that are there aren't good.... Why am I still spawning with an SMG only in Halo 2 anniversary. You've heard people complain about SMG spawn for ten literal years, yet here we are.

Its honestly so sad.... All I want to do is play Halo CE MP and i actually cannot do that. I need to join a playlist with a maybe 1 in 3 chance of getting a halo 1 map. Though most times kids just vote for Halo 3 maps.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So Halo CE pistol is the BR, before BR?

Original BR was actually like 6-7 shots I believe pre-patch. Once H2 got patched, it became a 4-shot headshot weapon. HCE pistol to this day is still the faster TTK.

Many people don't understand the beauty of HCE.

HCE pistol gave you the ultimate weapon at spawn, you could defend yourself from any range, legitimately. The sniper wilder wasn't guaranteed kills off of freshly spawned players, instead, he was challenged constantly. Having a sniper didn't guarantee victory, but it was indeed better than the pistol.

HCE weapons were pure, they were 100% situational just like Quake weapons. Shotty worked as it should, destroyed people at mid to close range, even destroyed pistol wielders.

Plasma Rifle slowed down players and became a great combo with a melee.

Plasma pistol did its job too, destroyed shields, combo'd with other weapons, it was the dawn of the noob combo, yet the PP didn't have auto-tracking like H2.

Needler worked.

Rockets and assault rifle worked within their ranges, and for perfect reason.

Post-HCE, something changed, not sure why, but the weapon sandbox became saturated and instead of weapons having legitimate situational properties, it just became a race to get the ultimate weapon in H2, H3, Reach, and H4, which was generally the BR, since freshly spawned players didn't have an adequate weapon to respawn with by default.

Not sure how better to explain it. I know some HCE vets can probably do better than I did.

Juan

Its honestly so sad.... All I want to do is play Halo CE MP and i actually cannot do that. I need to join a playlist with a maybe 1 in 3 chance of getting a halo 1 map. Though most times kids just vote for Halo 3 maps.

i_hug_that_feel.png

Also, I'm crying 'cause I was very excited to play Halo CE on 4v4 like I did sometime on PC, and because some player complained, we're back with a 2v2 playlist for Halo CE...

Seriously, 2v2 is classical, okay I get it, but we can play with that amount of player in custom game and/or on local console.

Now we got Halo CE on Xbox Live, I hope we won't be constrained only in a old Halo fashion play-style, and both (2v2/4v4) will be able to live together on the MCC.

Booshka

This is so close to being good, please just fix the little things 343 and you'll have an incredible game.

Match making is broken right now, and I am not talking about the inability to matchup with players. I mean the playlists aren't good at all... Why isn't there an objective playlist? There is literally zero chance for me to play Halo CE CTF BG 4v4. That should be a crime.

The playlists that are there aren't good.... Why am I still spawning with an SMG only in Halo 2 anniversary. You've heard people complain about SMG spawn for ten literal years, yet here we are.

This problem got downplayed in the thread for it too. If the same was true for Halo 2 or 3, then bitching about it wouldn't be annoying as it is for CE, it would be valid criticism.

Original BR was actually like 6-7 shots I believe pre-patch. Once H2 got patched, it became a 4-shot headshot weapon. HCE pistol to this day is still the faster TTK.

Many people don't understand the beauty of HCE.

HCE pistol gave you the ultimate weapon at spawn, you could defend yourself from any range, legitimately. The sniper wilder wasn't guaranteed kills off of freshly spawned players, instead, he was challenged constantly. Having a sniper didn't guarantee victory, but it was indeed better than the pistol.

HCE weapons were pure, they were 100% situational just like Quake weapons. Shotty worked as it should, destroyed people at mid to close range, even destroyed pistol wielders.

Plasma Rifle slowed down players and became a great combo with a melee.

Plasma pistol did its job too, destroyed shields, combo'd with other weapons, it was the dawn of the noob combo, yet the PP didn't have auto-tracking like H2.

Needler worked.

Rockets and assault rifle worked within their ranges, and for perfect reason.

Post-HCE, something changed, not sure why, but the weapon sandbox became saturated and instead of weapons having legitimate situational properties, it just became a race to get the ultimate weapon in H2, H3, Reach, and H4, which was generally the BR, since freshly spawned players didn't have an adequate weapon to respawn with by default.

Not sure how better to explain it. I know some HCE vets can probably do better than I did.

...mostly. Honestly, CE weapon balance was generally great, but the needler was pretty trash.

Top Bottom