• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TTUVAPOR

Banned
7FWYm5U.gif

ass-to-ass

Requiem for a Dream lol.

6bbb2bb63d984dccf5f6e058b6dff7c27ce8caff198939e975a0a220c27fcf41.jpg

TTUVAPOR

Banned
i_hug_that_feel.png

Also, I'm crying 'cause I was very excited to play Halo CE on 4v4 like I did sometime on PC, and because some player complained, we're back with a 2v2 playlist for Halo CE...

Seriously, 2v2 is classical, okay I get it, but we can play with that amount of player in custom game and/or on local console.

Now we got Halo CE on Xbox Live, I hope we won't be constrained only in a old Halo fashion play-style, and both (2v2/4v4) will be able to live together on the MCC.

I'm gonna argue that overall, more people will do 2v2s on HCE than 4v4s. In fact, I'd say that 4v4s would be more of a custom game thing than the 2v2s. Most HCE people played 2v2s, it was the easier, more accessible thing to do at the time...thus, why HCE should have its own 2v2 playlist.

Pudge

...mostly. Honestly, CE weapon balance was generally great, but the needler was pretty trash.

Don't talk shit about the Needler. It was great at making giant purple explosions and notifying others of your position! IT WAS GLORIOUS!

BTW, my Gamertag is NeedlerFanPudge if anyone wants to play tonight. Just thought I'd mention.

ElRenoRaven

Don't talk shit about the Needler. It was great at making giant purple explosions and notifying others of your position! IT WAS GLORIOUS!

BTW, my Gamertag is NeedlerFanPudge if anyone wants to play tonight. Just thought I'd mention.

To this day I love my needler. When I think covenant I think of 2 weapons. Those 2 weapons are the plasma rifle and the needler. I can't even count the times I pissed people off with the needler. It was always so fun to use.

I love the needler in campaign, I love the needler in the lore, but it's time to be honest: it's not for multi :p

Caja 117

So, just like a lot of peopke i never played Halo CE multiplayer so Im looking forward to give it a try with GAF, not right away at least as most of my friends are going to be on halo 2 and Halo 2 A.

But feel free to add me at zCaja,

I Know bigshow from another forum since befote I started here so its going to be awesome to custom with him!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So, just like a lot of peopke i never played Halo CE multiplayer so Im looking forward to give it a try with GAF, not right away at least as most of my friends are going to be on halo 2 and Halo 2 A.

But feel free to add me at zCaja,

I Know bigshow from another forum since befote I started here so its going to be awesome to custom with him!

Don't fear the pistol.

Juan

I'm gonna argue that overall, more people will do 2v2s on HCE than 4v4s. In fact, I'd say that 4v4s would be more of a custom game thing than the 2v2s. Most HCE people played 2v2s, it was the easier, more accessible thing to do at the time...thus, why HCE should have its own 2v2 playlist.

2v2 was nice for tournament and bro-style play, it was one of the easiest way to play good Halo CE, when it was all about local & LAN play.

Now Halo CE has access to the Xbox Live, it feels more like the PC version. Idk if you had the chance to play the PC version, but 4v4 was nice on a lot of maps.

Some were better for 2v2 (also 1v1), I agree, like Battle Creek and Prisoner, but with Xbox Live enable and maps like Derelict, Damnation and Hang'Em High, Halo CE 4v4 is a thing

Both should have their own playlist, like every Halo Game on the MCC should have multiple playlist (Halo CE 2v2, 4v4, BTB, same for other).

Well, I can't wait to play CE, even if it's on 2v2, but before the MCC was available for everyone, I played a bunch of game on CE using MM, it was 4v4 and it was SO DAMN GOOD.

CE is a pure beauty.

-Ryn

Banned

Computer

With all the attention around Halo five right now there are going to be a shit load of people watching this reveal. Just to see if it is a disaster. Pretty exciting.

This is so close to being good, please just fix the little things 343 and you'll have an incredible game.

Match making is broken right now, and I am not talking about the inability to matchup with players. I mean the playlists aren't good at all... Why isn't there an objective playlist? There is literally zero chance for me to play Halo CE CTF BG 4v4. That should be a crime.

The playlists that are there aren't good.... Why am I still spawning with an SMG only in Halo 2 anniversary. You've heard people complain about SMG spawn for ten literal years, yet here we are.

Its honestly so sad.... All I want to do is play Halo CE MP and i actually cannot do that. I need to join a playlist with a maybe 1 in 3 chance of getting a halo 1 map. Though most times kids just vote for Halo 3 maps.
This problem got downplayed in the thread for it too. If the same was true for Halo 2 or 3, then bitching about it wouldn't be annoying as it is for CE, it would be valid criticism.
Breaks my heart..

lol

Welfare

With all the attention around Halo fine right now there are going to be a shit load of people watching this reveal. Just to see if it is a disaster. Pretty exciting.

Exactly why this is going to be very interesting. 343 have to say all the right things when they do the reveal, or they risk people just straight up not caring.

Madness

The CE playlist was going to be 4v4, but more people complained and wanted 2v2 which is what they're doing to start. Pretty sure nothing set in stone though. If people want 4v4 CE again, they can do it, or even both.

Woorloog

Banned
Didn't give this Halo 5 stuff much thought while visiting Prague* but now that i'm back here... ugh.
I am not surprised though. For some reason it seems expecting bad things means you will see bad things, not that (as it should be) positive things will be pleasant surprises. Positives don't even seem to happen.
I'm going to need a new hobby, something else than gaming, at this rate... Seriously, the last years have been filled with shitty trends in gaming.

*Nice city, recommend visiting it though a weekend is not enough for it, just a taste. I have some photos, should probably make a thread about the visit or something.

Top Bottom