• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Tawpgun

Ground Pound, Ledge Grab, Melee Charge are dumb. Hope they're not one shot kills.

ADS seems fine as it is cosmetic but ADS on the AR is silly and I hope it doesn't lead to kids ARing me to death across midship.

Thrusters are sweet. Game looks good.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
CLsqbCw.jpg

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yep, Charge, Sprint, Slide, Ground Pound, Smart Scope (ADS), I don't like the look of any of them. Thruster Packs look great, base movement speed and strafe look better overall.

They are leaning in hard into the Abilities though, it's hard coded into the design. Traditional Halo could be made, and this ain't it.

Yeah, even with the beta there's no going back at this point. These are pretty fundamental changes

matthieuC

Melee charge and smart scope are ehhhh. But honestly it looked very fun and fast. Plus equal starts and I have no doubt this game will be fun. Will it be halo though?

Yep, Charge, Sprint, Slide, Ground Pound, Smart Scope (ADS), I don't like the look of any of them. Thruster Packs look great, base movement speed and strafe look better overall.

They are leaning in hard into the Abilities though, it's hard coded into the design. Traditional Halo could be made, and this ain't it.

This is what they did, they took Perks and just gave all of them to everyone. So instead of a simple Gun-Melee-Grenade Arena shooter they put everything else you mentioned in the game AND MADE A SIMPLE GAME A FUCKIN MESS.

Really? Sliding shotgun??? Smashing fist melee one hit kills? Ledge grabbing?

ADS????!????????

I must not know ADS then, my idea of ADS is when you use it your aiming slows, your movement slows, and it inherently makes hip-firing less accurate overall. This looks like Halo zoom but with a gun in your face.

Like I said, not sure what the point of it is, but it's not full blown CoD ADS.

The gun is in the middle of the screen while I am staring at ironsights. Its ADS dude.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like Halo. Well, Halo with some extra stuff. As opposed to a bunch of extra shit in Halo 4.

The gun is in the middle of the screen while I am staring at ironsights. Its ADS dude.

By that definition? Yeah, ADS.
By the CoD definition? Nah.

I need to actually play this.

Nowise10

I feel like my head would explode if I had my gaming headphones on and I had to listen to that constant beeping in Halo 5 from your shields.

Booshka

I keep seeing all these Console shooters with Movement abilities and I'd rather just keep playing Shadowrun. Shooting skill is there, most of these games don't have it, and nothing beats Teleport.

This pro gameplay makes me fucking hate Smart Scope, so much of the screen is taken up by the gun models even when not zoomed. Ugh

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This Halo 5 game just seems like a clusterfuck compared to the H2A games last weekend.

Maybe it's just because they aren't used to the maps.

Booshka

How is Ironsights taking up your screen preferable to a Scope window, straight up from a Lore perspective, it doesn't make sense, it's not optimal. Shit just takes up the screen.

This is terrible.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Still not sold on this ADS thing here, it's mainly being used on the DMR and BR, and those had zoom already without blocking the screen.

We'll see I guess.

wow, frankie, this is awesome
i really like what i saw, H5 truly looks like the next gen version of Halo
great job on the changes, they all look pretty solid!

Omni

So now that CoD is on decline, 343i are looking towards the next up and comer, Destiny, for inspiration?

Such an innovative studio.

OMG that ground pound is a one hit kill, with a target so you can camp and nail someone. That will be awesome for those players locked in a duel to get ground pounded to shit after.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So now that CoD is on decline, 343i are looking towards the next up and comer, Destiny, for inspiration?

Such an innovative studio.

Destiny came out literally 2 months ago, you really think they dumped all that in in 2 months? I know you're salty but at least be reasonable.

If anything the Spartans match the fiction more.

How is Ironsights taking up your screen preferable to a Scope window, straight up from a Lore perspective, it doesn't make sense, it's not optimal. Shit just takes up the screen.

This is terrible.
Yeah I'm not a fan. It's giving me a headache watching. Like when watching the stream of people playing, it's hard to follow with such a limited view.

Top Bottom