• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

Haha, in line right now, one dude actually wearing a fedora and brought his MK VI helmet. No one also near me knew that Halo 5 now had ADS. What kinds of fans are these.

Omni

I wonder what they're gonna do for BTB. I get the feeling that it's going to be radically different to what we've seen today.

They seem to be emphasising "Arena" too much.

TheXbox

I wonder what they're gonna do for BTB. I get the feeling that it's going to be radically different to what we've seen today.

They seem to be emphasising "Arena" too much.
Loadouts, insta-spawns, ordnance streaks, larger player count, etc will all be present outside of their Arena hopper. That's my guess, anyway. This game is so fucking weird.

Obscured

I thought I had to wait 2 more hours! The halo fest stream died on me so I thought I try it and there it is. I should post in the other thread because I seem to be the only person who had no problems with the pre-load and had it pop right up as soon as it was unlocked.

Played some halo 3/4 campaign earlier so I can have a fresher comparison in mind. If anybody is doing MP later feel free to send an invite.

GT: Mouroutaru

Nowise10

So I click to start my Masterchief collection, and it says I need to download 15gbs before I can play it. And the 15gbs wont even begin to download, it just says "updating".

:|

So far I thoroughly liked what I saw with Guardians beta, with the exception of ADS animation but it's so minor. All that MCC classic content and HaloGAF still can't be neutral or positive about some arena updates with a new Halo title.

HaloGAF I hope your beta feedback is better quality than "I'm out" or "FFS" etc.

Top shelf production value there 343i, colour me impressed.

Loadouts, insta-spawns, ordnance streaks, larger player count, etc will all be present outside of their Arena hopper. That's my guess, anyway. This game is so fucking weird.

Yea pretty sure that might happen and I wonder if they will introduce other spartan abilities. I made a list of ideas a year ago looks like they took some of them. I like what I saw , but not the kill times though. People at teambeyond are going ballistic though

Booshka

I'm guessing that they decreased auto aim when using ads. I'm okay with that.

So long as the magnetism/aim assist range for hipfire
oh god I am saying this word in relation to Halo
is farther out like it is in Halo CE, then the shooting should feel better without having to ADS.

Onikaan

Managed to find a game!it started 3v4 but that mattered not. Was absolutely doin folk on lockout. Killing frenzy. Game drops randomly. After about 5 mins. Sigh. Come on 343.

Buy I was ecstatic. It's so good to be back. Felt awesome.

FyreWulff

What the hell

If you quit a campaign game and resume your progress later, it puts you back at the start of the level. This has happened twice. First time I thought it was just because I quit Halo 2 to check out what Halo 3 looked like for a moment, so I didn't say anything, but this time I only went from Halo 2 to Forge and then back straight into Halo 2. Unless I'm missing something? eeeeh

And now I gotta go through Delta Halo all again. How bloody irritating.

Halo 2 PC bug

Heretic

Here is what I have so far...

GENERAL
  • still red vs. blue
  • shields remain at top mid of screen
  • even abilities all the time
  • radar and no radar setting shown, radar remains at bottom left
  • 4PM - playtest everyday.
  • pro team - go to resource e.g. callouts
  • callouts all created by pro team at 343i
  • Perfect Kill = new medal for perfect 4 shot kill
  • descope returns
  • game text feed on bottom right
  • personal text feed on bottom left
  • new slayer gametype
  • no more ordnances
  • power weapons on static timers
  • can carry 2 primary weapons (no mods/packages needed)
  • medals feed now middle bottom of screen
  • appears to be a faster pace overall
  • Carry 2 frags and 2 plasma grenades
  • new spectator mode
  • 5 seconds respawn for normal death

MAPS
  • Truth = Midship remake
  • New map shown, simulation design style

SPARTAN ABILITIES
  • Thruster (works multi direction)
  • Ground pound
  • Clamber (really hard ledge grabs work like classic crouch jumps for good players)
  • Slide (full sprint velocity then crouch to slide)
  • Charge (full sprint velocity then melee to slide)
  • Sprint (while sprinting shield does not recharge, must walk or stop to recharge)
  • Smart scope (hip fire accurate, no penalty to movement), allows descope

WEAPONS
  • AR
  • sniper
  • pistol
  • rocket thingy
  • battle rifle (2X zoom)
  • dmr
  • SMG
  • Prophets Bane - new energy sword and you get increased movement and lunge

BETA
  • Begins 29th DEC 2014 and ends 18th JAN 2015
  • all about new arena experience
  • beta for feedback of balancing, maps, exploits, weapon, abilities
  • nerfed first: thruster pack (quinn), ground pound (josh)
  • the DEC beta will include a basic version of the new spectator mode

Thanks!

Top Bottom