• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booshka

Will the classic scope/zoom be an option at least?

I don't want to have half my screen obstructed by the weapon every time I zoom. The classic scope looks much better, much more elegant. I really hope it's still an option.

Certainly not in beta. But try it, coherently complain. Who knows? Dec 29.

Please everyone, coherently complain until traditional scope is at least an option.

Defect

You know what? I can deal with sprint and the rest of the armor abilities but give me real zoom back. That is pissing me off way more.

jbug617

Banned
Polygon says 343 is setting up a Halo council for feedback
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7...a-real-beta-will-introduce-player-driven-halo

Once the beta kicks off, 343 will be pushing them to offer their own take on the game, and point out problems they find.

"We're going to encourage fans to go to Halo Waypoint and comment there," he said.

The team is also going to be launching something called the Halo Council. While Lee declined to offer much in the way of detail he did say that the program will allow gamers to opt in to be able to have an "official conversation" with the development team about the future of the game and the franchise.

"We haven't released any details about the council or how we will select people for it," Lee said. "But we will be releasing more details over the course of the beta.

"We definitely want the feedback. We have been really diligent about making the core of Halo, Halo while still evolving things."

Vico

So that was a Forge map. Interesting.
It's so obvious the white and orange colors were there for GAF now ahah

TheXbox

Only a 3-shot in Breakout. Go read teambeyond's impressions.
thanks boss

Don't know how I feel about this game. Not excited, not annoyed... Tepid, maybe. I don't think it'll be enough to get me to buy an Xbox One. I hope everyone who plays it enjoys it, but I don't think they're making Halo for people like me anymore. I'm sure the game will be fine, probably even good. Just not for me.

FyreWulff

"It was the pro-team that helped identify how much unlimited sprint could unbalance the game. Because of their concerns, 343 went back to the drawing board and came up with a counter-balance"

So nothing was learned from Halo 4? People in the team point out something won't work, instead of removing it, attempt to 'counter' it.

The team is also going to be launching something called the Halo Council. While Lee declined to offer much in the way of detail he did say that the program will allow gamers to opt in to be able to have an "official conversation" with the development team about the future of the game and the franchise.

They already had this.

Eurogamer said its 720p/60fps for the beta

also ranking/xp details:

It features an XP progression system that determines your Spartan Rank. This unlocks customisable cosmetic pieces such as armour sets, helmets and visor colours. You can also unlock special armour pieces by watching Halo Nightfall and unlocking achievements in The Master Chief Collection. These transfer over to Halo 5: Guardians when it launches late 2015.

The finished game will include is an overhauled Competitive Skill Rating, or CSR. CSR is a seven tier system that goes up and down depending on how well you do in PVP.

They felt the game was like an evolved Halo 2.

T0VdhzK.gif

PNut

Banned
Not sure what I just watched but it wasn't Halo. Like a hybrid of a few different current fps console shooters. It made my head hurt and don't ever want to see it again.

Not sure what I just watched but it wasn't Halo. Like a hybrid of a few different current fps console shooters. It made my head hurt and don't ever want to see it again.
These seems like a common sentiment among some longtime fans.

I'll play the beta, if I get MCC for Christmas. Hopefully it will be working properly then.

Ryan McCaffery said:
Before you start breathing into a paper bag moaning, “They ruined Halooooo,” however, know that, among the three IGN editors who played Halo 5, none of us found it offensive.
What a ringing endorsement.

Top Bottom